12 oz Boxeo Hybrid Customs

StRatoCastR

Gear Tester/Reviewer
@Brown
Reaction score
What up my friends?

So it a Saturday, and I have yet ANOTHER review to post!
This time it is in regardess to 12oz Boxeo HYBRIDs!

These gloves can be bought through Juan: [email protected], or you can get it in your own flavor. Many of us have gone through Juan to get a lot of the Mexican custom gear that you see here on the forums.

These gloves I traded with my friend Bryan aka Gixxer6 so I am the 2nd owner of these gloves. I got these gloves because they couldn't fit on Bryan's hand. I think they may have only been used less than a handful of times.

For a 16oz Boxeo lace up review you can click here: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/16oz-custom-boxeo-lace-ups-2510449/

Anyhow, I loved my 16oz boxeos, very very VERY good gloves, and I wanted another pair for bag work. So I traded Bryan as I stated earlier. Let me just say that if you plan on getting 12oz you need to have a small hand. My hand is about 1 inch shorter than bryans so they fit me perfect. From Palm to Middle finger I measured in at 7 1/4 inches. I would get with Juan to see if they can make a larger hand compartment for you guys/gals with big paws.

Ok so these have the big Ear that sits over the thumb, It ugly yes, but It kind of grows on me, and it makes Boxeos distinct.

The Thumb: I don't know if Bryan broke it in, but it wasn't stiff at all unlike my 16oz Boxeos.

The Leather: It is definitely excellent quality, it is Goat leather I believe. But they fall short of coming close to Reyes, but this is something to keep in mind.

The Feel: The gloves are broken in, but Gixx might have logged in rounds. So he probably broke these in. In my 16oz boxeos they broke in SUPER quick. It took about 30 rounds to break in. That's like 2-3 days of work. I posted a picture but the fingers bottom out a little bit, its not bad but they still bottom out a tad.

Padding: Without a shadow of a doubt, boxeos are the MOST protective Mexican boxing glove, that I have, and used. This is what prompted me to get another pair. I fell in love with my 16s and wanted a bag glove as well. Again, the padding is soft and fluffy, but does NOT push all the way through like a Reyes or Zepol. THe padding will protect your knuckles and IMO ranks in my personal top 5 in terms of hand protection. Boxeos aren't fancy are the prettiest glove but they get the job done, and done very well.

The Cuff: The Hybrid closure is awesome, those with skinny wrists and don't want a glove that flops all over and that are in love with Mexican style gloves... get a hybrid closure, on not just this glove, ANY glove! These probably hold my wrists as good as a lace-up Reyes but without all the crazy hassles of a full lace-up. So its the best of both worlds, easy on and off, with extra support of the lace-up. The cuff on these are narrow, so those with skinny wrists will appreciate the extra support. Those with Fat wrists may want to move a size up as I think 12oz will be too narrow. The Velcro is VERY good, its not as good as a Reyes but is is FAR better than a Zepol.

The Label: There is Residue on the Boxeo logo, to be honest I am not surprised. I had the same thing on my Zepols. I think if you are going to nit pick this glove you will find little flaws, but NOTHING to effect the integrity of the glove. Personally, I don't give a crap, but I have to do a full honest review to cover even the littlest of details.

Price: I think the price is more than fair, those that don't want to buy garbage gloves and want an authentic CUSTOM Mexican glove, pretty much anything Juan offers is going to be good. I personally love Boxeos, and Im just so-so about Zepols. Others will disagree, but hey its a glove, it will fit everyone differently.

Craftsmanship: Its good, Its not Excellent or outstanding. I mean the WHOLE glove is done well structurally, but you will see little annoying things like spills on the label, or the welted seems sitting flush in one area and a little raised in another. No frayed/popped stitches. If I had to rate it... 8/10.

Weight: the gloves came in near 12oz. Right glove weighs in at 12oz 3/4 and left glove at 12 5/8ths

VS Zepol round 2... I gotta say Boxeo in this experience easily takes it.

Clamps Experience. I love Clamp he is my favorite reviewer of all time. I honestly think he got a lemon when he got his Boxeos. Sucks too because they are great gloves, but I can see why he rated them the way he did. His came with issues, but like I said, a lemon is bound to pop up.

If you are hung up between Zepols and Boxeos, which do you prefer? Because it is going to boil down to better craftsmanship in a zepol edging out vs the protection in the boxeo. Answer that question and you will have your answer which glove you should get.

Now if its vs Reyes... STILL I HAVE to go with Reyes. Reyes is pricier, but the craftsmanship, leather, and everything BUT protection blows Boxeo away. BUt for those on a budget that NEED protection go Boxeo.

Final score = B+ or 88%

For those that don't like to read (

This is THE review!

Awesome review, lovely gloves, love the colour combination! Congratulations, mate!

I miss them, lol

Damn my hands for being too big.

Yeah, I probably only put a total of 15 rounds on them, and a good portion of those were on a DE Bag

Yeah Bryan I think you will be happy w the black n silvers.

But I do love these :)

And thanks shihtzu.

Lol I don't know what you are waiting for bro I told you to go beaulieu like 10 years ago.

Lol I don't know what you are waiting for bro I told you to go beaulieu like 10 years ago.

every time I am about to go that route, Juan entices me with some Mexican gear that I want.

I love Mexican gear, lol

No problem with that brother, go Reyes safetecs then :)

Bryan at some point you are going to Need to get Reyes and Beaulieus though.

Bryan at some point you are going to Need to get Reyes and Beaulieus though.

oh yeah, think im gonna do the safetecs after all

I really wanna try Bill's stuff too though, his shit looks beautiful, so probably better that I get sparring gloves from him :)

Well I got the 16 oz boxeo hybrids....I will not be doing a full review because Strato pretty much covered it all....First the bad. The stitching is not great and the thumb is a little high just like cleto reyes. Well thats it. Everything else is great. Awsome colors and awsome goat leather. Very protective for sparring or bag work. I personally think the liner is awsome high quality. In the hybrid when laced and strapped wrist support is awsome. Best ive ever had. Even in Clamps review he states he likes these for bag work and mitts. If you have catchers mitts for hands you should avoid. This is a workhorse glove and im sure if you need a a good training glove to take a beating for the next couple years these would be an awsome choice. Very comfortable to wear as well. Got from Juan

Back