Nintendo 13 year old claims to be the first to Complete Tetris (released in 1989)

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

_132198208_willis.jpg.webp

An Oklahoma teenager is believed to have become the first human player to beat Nintendo's classic video game Tetris, 34 years after its release.

Willis Gibson posted a video on his YouTube channel of the moment he reached level 157, causing the game to crash.

The 13-year-old fell back into his chair - declaring: "I'm going to pass out, I can't feel my fingers." It only took him 38 minutes to beat the game.

Remarkably, until a few years ago, players believed it was only possible to play up to level 29.

_132195266_2cjn1j1-002.png.webp

In 2010 professional competitive gamer Thor Aackerlund managed to reach level 30 by using a technique called hypertapping, where a player vibrates their fingers in a way which moves the controller faster than the in-game speed.

This led to other gamers adopting hypertapping and other techniques to see how far they could go - but as of last month, only AI had been able to reach the game's true kill screen.

A kill screen happens when a player reaches a level which causes the game to crash.

What a lil’ G. Respect.

Love Tetris but last iteration I played was 2021’s Tetris Effect: Connected. It has a 0.1% Platinum rate, which speaks for itself and not for the faint of heart.

I wonder if this is possible in Tetris DX.

When i read about this the other day was kind of surprised no one ever accomplished it before.

Kid needs to enter the Tetris World Championships. Based on what I've seen, he would win.

When i read about this the other day was kind of surprised no one ever accomplished it before.
I ended up watching a YouTube video going over it. The kill state wasn't even known until recently and it's interesting seeing some of the wrong speed runs and stuff like this from time to time.

Bet the ladies cant keep their panties on around this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back