International 1400 Dolphins killed in 1 day

Not overall, but in specific areas I agree overpopulation is a legitimate issue
Most people agree overpopulation is a huge issue. Even me with 3 kids.

War, poverty and disease in the past helped to some extent but I can only see a catastrophic event making any meaningful impact on human expanse.

War, poverty and disease in the past helped to some extent but I can only see a catastrophic event making any meaningful impact on human expanse.
People are having less kids now, I believe the projected population in 2100 is only 11 billion. Which of course sounds like alot, but we went from about 1.5 billion to 7 billion in the last century

People are having less kids now, I believe the projected population in 2100 is only 11 billion. Which of course sounds like alot, but we went from about 1.5 billion to 7 billion in the last century
We can barely sustain what we have now.

No pig ever saved a person from a shark attack though. I once got bit by a pig. He was trying to steal my apple. Pigs are not your friend.

pigs-pig-life.gif
I see the big dolphin lobby has gotten to you. Dolphins are absolute dickheads, this species will attack harbor porpoises to death for fun. A pig will at least eat you after it kills you.

Bred specifically to be slaughtered, made into food and eaten.
How does that matter? All of that domestication hasn't changed the fact pigs are sentient and have intelligence comparable to dolphins.

What a disaster. Really hope some people are held accountable and this never happens again. I figured this would be in some eastern Island or something, where barbarism like this is excused as 'tradition', had no idea it was was in Europe.

I don't think most people agree. At least, it's very much up for debate. It isn't exactly consensus like climate change. Larger populations create a more dynamic economy. We aren't close to resource depletion in spite of the overpopulation hysteria pushed by people like Paul Ehrlich. Calorie supply per person exceeds the minimum even in sub-Saharan Africa. If we reached a point where overpopulation was a legitimate concern, fertility transition takes place as nations rise out of poverty. In short, you could craft an argument that resources are not equitable but that's not because of overpopulation. Concerns in regards to the environment will be dispelled with innovation. I find it incredibly interesting there is slight guilt on your part with three children. I don't think it's warranted.

In regards to the slaying of dolphins, I hope they preserve this tradition for generations to come. Last year only 35 were killed. The IUCN labels these species with their least concern designation in terms of conservation status. The majority of those reporting this story presents it lopsided, relying on information from eco-terrorists.

Last edited:
But they’re cute tho!

Reactions: MTT
This shit happens daily to so many other species. I'm not downplaying it but it goes to show that humans only care about a few select species that are usually ranked by their cuteness.

Look into factory farms and how many of them are brutally murdered every single day. I don't care that they aren't considered an exotic species, their ability to suffer is what makes it so tragic. I think humans should look at the suffering of an animal versus cuteness as a way to measure how evil something is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back