15rd Flush Magazine for Glock 43x/48

jericksen5

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Haven’t seen this posted, maybe I’m late to the game, but had no idea this was in the market now.
Shield-Arms-S15-Pre-Order.jpg

Shield arms has come out with what appears to be a reliable 15rd magazine for the Glock 43x/48 that is FLUSH. Same size as the standard 10 round magazine. That’s insane. They basically made a slim 19 thats much easier to conceal and no loss in capacity? I traded off my 43 for a P365 because of the big capacity jump. Now I’m thinking of trading off my P365 for a 48.

That's a really small gun to (essentially) flush-fit 15 rounds of 9mm. I'd have bet against it being possible.

definitely changes things, Glock 43x with shield 15 rd mag is smaller than a 365 with 15rd mag

Love my 365 but I’d always Trust a Glock more

I guess I'm just a boomer but I don't see why i would get a 43x and rely on aftermarket mags over my glock 19 gen 5.

I looked at the dimensions and saw the width is only .24" less. That's definitely not worth having to get 40$ magazines and brand new holsters. One of my reload mags is a 17 length mag with a +4 TT baseplate. It just seems like going backwards to me

I guess I'm just a boomer but I don't see why i would get a 43x and rely on aftermarket mags over my glock 19 gen 5.

I looked at the dimensions and saw the width is only .24" less. That's definitely not worth having to get 40$ magazines and brand new holsters. One of my reload mags is a 17 length mag with a +4 TT baseplate. It just seems like going backwards to me
Bit easier to conceal a small, slim, regularly 10 rounder over a 19 with a 21 round mag sticking out.

Bit easier to conceal a small, slim, regularly 10 rounder over a 19 with a 21 round mag sticking out.
That 21 round mag is vertical in its mag pouch

Its literally just going to be .24 inches less in width. I don't see how that will make or break anyone's concealment

Have you held a 43X (or 48)? I felt the same way since I've had a G19 since 09 but the difference really is amazing.

Have you held a 43X (or 48)? I felt the same way since I've had a G19 since 09 but the difference really is amazing.
I have, it did feel nice but i admit to not having shot it. Maybe im biased since ive shot way more with glocks than any other gun, so i dont really feel the need for a slim grip version of a 19. First gun i ever shot was a gen 3 glock 21 as a kid. If i grew up on 1911 i could see the appeal.

I'm just not super big on picking a gun based on how good it feels to grip. I think about logistics more than anything

The first (and only) handgun I'd ever shot before Glocks was the M9/92FS but the Glock grip was never really a problem for me.

Back