16oz Boxeo Boxing Gloves

I really love the free thumb on mine, since I bought my couple pairs of Shevlin gloves I've always loved unattached thumbs on gloves. I have an older Ringside pair of Super Bag Gloves that have unattached thumbs also.
For me in sparring gloves the unattached thumbs make it easier to parry and open and close the glove.. but I also just like that my thumb doesn't sit in an awkward position.

Personally it is for comfort, when I train I can open the whole hand to relax and rest, IMO Boxeo, Campeon and Zepol gloves with attached thumb gives you almost the same comfort, but I prefer free thumb, jajajajaja
I have a pair of Zepol with attached thumb and they are very fine to rest and relax and to catch hits, but I use more the ones with free thumb.

Cool, the reason most thumbs are attached are to prevent from eye pokes and damaging the thumb right? Have you guys experienced any problems like that?

I tried unattached thumbs because my old Muay Thai coach had Shevlins with unattached thumbs and he swore they were the greatest things ever. I pulled the trigger on two pairs of Shevlin both the same as his and I love em. Never had a problem with that at all, I wanna get those Amateur Winning gloves because iirc they are unattached thumbs :D

I'm not sure the attached thumb really prevents eye pokes that much - it's still possible. I think it's more bad glove design that doesn't let you make a proper fist, and sometimes the attached thumb actually makes that worse.

How recent did you buy your Casanovas DrDoom? Also how similar are the Casanovas to the Boxeos? I was thinking about picking up a pair of Casanovas, the ones i've used in the gym have real thin padding on the knuckles and concrete wrist support, also a very spacy hand compartment. Is this the case with the Boxeo gloves? How would you compare the two?

I wanted Casanovas just based off my experience with the ones i've used in the gym, but i've been hearing that the ones nowadays while good, are not of the same quality as the ones a while back. I figure since you own both gloves, you could give me better insight on the two.

Is 95athletic.com trusted site to buy boxeo?
The contact person brendan segalas (as the owner himself ) seems to be unresponsive.
It's been a week and he hasn't sent me the tracking number yet. He became very unresponsive to email after i paid.

Update: just got the tracking number. He was busy with his boxing match.
Hopefully next order would be smoother.

Last edited:
Is 95athletic.com trusted site to buy boxeo?
The contact person brendan segalas (as the owner himself ) seems to be unresponsive.
It's been a week and he hasn't sent me the tracking number yet. He became very unresponsive to email after i paid.

Update: just got the tracking number. He was busy with his boxing match.
Hopefully next order would be smoother.

Good to hear Brendan got back to you.
Brought from 95er Athletic located across the river in NYC two times before, they are legit and I didn't have any problems.

Good to hear Brendan got back to you.
Brought from 95er Athletic located across the river in NYC two times before, they are legit and I didn't have any problems.
I have bought from them about 6 or 7 times myself, and they are definitely legit. The best way to get a quick response is through Instagram by the way. He will often give you a discount code for 10% or 15% off if you ask about it.

I just received the gloves. They're super niceee. Smells like new expensive leather shoes.
Because of the delay, Brendan also gave me a free shirt.
I haven't used the gloves for training. I tried to weigh them, Boxeo 16oz weigh exactly 18oz on my scale.

I just received the gloves. They're super niceee. Smells like new expensive leather shoes.
I haven't used the gloves for training. I tried to weigh them, Boxeo 16oz weigh exactly 18oz on my scale.
For Mexican Gloves, I think being heavier than than their label weight is a norm. Feels like 12 oz, 14 oz, and 16 oz are sizes more than weighs in Mexican, kind of like Cleto Reyes' Hybrid line where it's just by S M L size. I think the only one with an exact (or near exact) weight I ever seen was a pair of Torres Medina.

For Mexican Gloves, I think being heavier than than their label weight is a norm. Feels like 12 oz, 14 oz, and 16 oz are sizes more than weighs in Mexican, kind of like Cleto Reyes' Hybrid line where it's just by S M L size. I think the only one with an exact (or near exact) weight I ever seen was a pair of Torres Medina.
the TMs I bought came in light, 16oz ones that came in at 14oz, I was surprised also because they were pretty huge in size... not the same manufacturer as what most people seem to get from Juan though

the TMs I bought came in light, 16oz ones that came in at 14oz, I was surprised also because they were pretty huge in size... not the same manufacturer as what most people seem to get from Juan though
Sounds like TM is changing manufacturers pretty often. The 95er Athletic Club branded TM gloves look very different from the one I brought from them earlier...

Can you take some pictures of them please? Really curious how they look some close-ups would be nice

Can you take some pictures of them please? Really curious how they look some close-ups would be nice

I've been using this for around 2 weeks, 3 times per week.
But they still smell leather and good. no stink at all (Rival sucks at this)
The inner lining dry fast, and anti bacterial works. I keep them in a plastic container with a dehumidifier inside.
Something like this https://www.containerstore.com/s/cl...e/dry-out-dehumidifier/12d?productId=10004541

Since i am starting to get used of the weight, i am thinking of getting a pair of Cleto next time.

Last edited:
no stink at all (Rival sucks at this)
Glad to know me and my bud aren't the only ones that think the same. Frankly, I don't think their ventilation designs does anything because my Rival Gloves are usually sweaty as hell even only after 1-2 rounds of bag work.

Glad to know me and my bud aren't the only ones that think the same. Frankly, I don't think their ventilation designs does anything because my Rival Gloves are usually sweaty as hell even only after 1-2 rounds of bag work.
It's not the ventilation. Every glove will be wet not matter how good the ventilation is. Rival uses cotton on their inner lining. Cotton hold sweat longer than nylon or polyester. It's longer to dry out. And bacteria and fungi love high humidity.
It's more comfortable to hand than nylon or polyester though.
A dehumidifier is not enough to dry out rival gloves in one night. I have to use hair dryer to dry them out before putting into the storage.

Last edited:
It's not the ventilation. Every glove will be wet not matter how good the ventilation is. Rival uses cotton on their inner lining. Cotton hold sweat longer than nylon or polyester. It's longer to dry out. And bacteria and fungi love high humidity.
It's more comfortable to hand than nylon or polyester though.
A dehumidifier is not enough to dry out rival gloves in one night. I have to use hair dryer to dry them out before putting into the storage.

plus lots of Rival gloves are synthetic leather which generally doesn't breathe as well as genuine leather

Back