1v1 Fight Gear

Gym Turtle

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

Has anyone bought gloves from 1v1 Fight Gear? I've seen older threads talking about the gloves, but it seems like production for the gloves have changed a lot since then.

I know they're pretty expensive at $300, but they seem like they could compete with premium gloves like Fly and Winning. Though, most of what I know about the gloves is from Carlo's Csquared channel.

I've got a pair of those Pro Trainer Elite gloves Carlo reviews in that video. I got them on eBay from a guy who was quitting boxing due to an injury and had barely used them.

They are my favourite gloves. What he says is exactly right - the balance between protection and feedback is amazing.

They also feel like quality kit: so well-made, really comfortable, beautiful, soft leather.
I've never used Winning so I can't compare but they're as good as Fly, in my opinion.

I've got a pair of those Pro Trainer Elite gloves Carlo reviews in that video. I got them on eBay from a guy who was quitting boxing due to an injury and had barely used them.

They are my favourite gloves. What he says is exactly right - the balance between protection and feedback is amazing.

They also feel like quality kit: so well-made, really comfortable, beautiful, soft leather.
I've never used Winning so I can't compare but they're as good as Fly, in my opinion.

How would you say they compare to Fly in terms of padding, build quality, and fit?

They're pretty similar, for me. I prefer the padding - like I said, the feel they give me on the bag or pads is fantastic. I've had knuckle problems in the past so I always have to be careful about choosing gloves. They feel soft but protective. Unbelievable feedback.

They're handmade, so the build quality is superb. Maybe not as slick as Fly, which does feel like you're driving a Porsche. They both fit well. I wear 16oz, and generally wear Fortress Fastwraps with them, and they and Fly are very similar in Fit. Maybe a tiny bit roomier than my Fly Superloop, but its almost imperceptible.

Seriously: I love them. Love wearing them.

have you tried winning gloves? is so u find them to be even better?

have you tried winning gloves? is so u find them to be even better?
I've tried them on in the gym but never done a round or even any time on the bag with them, so I don't feel like I can compare, really. Seemed unbelievably pillowy to me but not sure how they feel to fight in.

I remember this guy came on this board to run a mass custom order of limited gloves for sherdog around 2014. Some good, some bad reviews. I still havent broken in my pair.

I remember this guy came on this board to run a mass custom order of limited gloves for sherdog around 2014. Some good, some bad reviews. I still havent broken in my pair.

That's why I made the thread asking about the current quality of the gloves. They've changed a lot since the group buy, so I wanted to see what opinions were like on the current design of the gloves.

For reference, the change in design (one from the group buy and the other from their website):
lace 1_zps3mstbrb1.jpg rs=w_1164,h_582,cg_true (1).jpeg

I think I'm remembering correctly when I say that the mass order gloves were not USA made.

The pro trainers above are made in the USA. I've had a pair of the Adidas made in USA gloves, and these new trainers do look better in most visual aspects. The shape of the Adidas ones I had were strange, very boxy and stiff.

How long have you had your 1v1s for?

Back