Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheWolfman.com

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

[/MEDIA]
[/MEDIA]

Now I know the real strict boxing and MT guys may criticize my unorthodox style, but it works for MMA

Day 2
7 six minute rounds for Xmas Eve, after I did warmups and taught to takedowns straight into submission techniques
And it is hard for a big guy to try and keep pace, movement, and output with smaller guys...esp so many rounds when I hadnt trained for 3 weeks due to broken thumb and other issues
[/MEDIA]
[/MEDIA]
[/MEDIA]

Thank you for posting Dan. I like your style, where did you learn it?

great skills standing completely still while never moving your head, ever.

You fight like Frank Mir Round 3 against arlovski. I call it the statue stand up. No movement is the key to creating a tough target IMO. I mean seriously.... Fighters are always trying to hit moving targets. Reflex bags, speed bags, heavy bags, punch mitts ect... Rarely does a fighter try to hit a target without any movement. They just can't do it.

lol thanks Luke, Id be honored of ur critique if you were the real champ.....
but, it is called energy conservation when going against little guys and have not trained at all in 3 weeks or striking in prob 6.
Also, I am obviously trying to work some bare knuckle style street defense and Russian stuff when u are surprised or static

Lol, I post some southern Korean vids and the Supreme Leader posts! amazing. Of course Supreme leader I learned my early skills from the motherland Korea

I wouldn't call your style unorthodox so much as sloppy. Some things I would sugget working on:
-You often opt to take shots, particularly leg kicks. I presume that's because it's light sparring and they don't 'hurt'. That's missing the point though. Light sparring is great for perfecting basics without the panic, you should be drilling checks and counters for those unanswered shots.
-You rush in with your hands down a lot, either have some sort of defence or be throwing a shot to close distance.
-Just keep training really.

I wouldn't call your style unorthodox so much as sloppy. Some things I would sugget working on:
-You often opt to take shots, particularly leg kicks. I presume that's because it's light sparring and they don't 'hurt'. That's missing the point though. Light sparring is great for perfecting basics without the panic, you should be drilling checks and counters for those unanswered shots.
-You rush in with your hands down a lot, either have some sort of defence or be throwing a shot to close distance.
-Just keep training really.

Almost all leg kicks were met with my knee if you pay attention

^ So I went on your website just now. I don't mean this to be a slight, but it will come off as one; I genuinely didn't expect you to have so much experience. In the videos you came off to me as a guy who had 1 or 2 years striking experience.

Which leads me to my question. Why did you post these? Obviously not for criticism or advice as you are bad at taking those. Was there a reason you wanted people on this forum to sit through multiple minutes of watching you spar?

Whats the reasoning behind walking forward with alternating steps as opposed to staying in stance?

lol thanks Luke, Id be honored of ur critique if you were the real champ.....
but, it is called energy conservation when going against little guys and have not trained at all in 3 weeks or striking in prob 6.
Also, I am obviously trying to work some bare knuckle style street defense and Russian stuff when u are surprised or static

Lol, I post some southern Korean vids and the Supreme Leader posts! amazing. Of course Supreme leader I learned my early skills from the motherland Korea

Seriously. You seem to be mirroring Frank Mir in your stand up. You even threw some of those half hook/upper cuts while moving forward. I enjoyed the vids, always fun to see peoples gym experiences

Whats the reasoning behind walking forward with alternating steps as opposed to staying in stance?

That's called a walk down and it's not technically wrong at all. It's useful at times because it's smooth when going forward (if you know what you're doing and you're in control of the fight), but you don't want to do that moving backwards.

so does Korean zombie actually teach there?

Dan, what's the name of the song in the first video?

'
That's called a walk down and it's not technically wrong at all. It's useful at times because it's smooth when going forward (if you know what you're doing and you're in control of the fight), but you don't want to do that moving backwards.

lol I agree comletely. "Walk-downs" are useful in forward motion, but backing up makes you look like Bigfoot Silva, and get pummeled similarly.

Zombie's gym is less than a 5-minute walk from my pad. good to see his gym is thriving.

if you ever wanna train strictly stand-up, Muay Thai or Kickboxing...head east down the same street to my current gym - Team Chibin. it's before Daechi Saguhri

The Wolfman got banned? When did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back