20 Super Foods You Need To Build Muscle & Lose Fat

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
Taken from StrongLifts.com, Mehdi posted up a solid article on nutrition:

To build muscle & lose fat, you need a variety of proteins, veggies, fruits, carbs, and healthy fats. Eating protein helps building & maintaining muscle. But it also helps fat loss: protein has a higher thermic effect than carbs/fats. Eating fats also helps fat loss: your body holds fat if you don

Nice.

I eat everything there regularly except apples. I hate apples. Apple Sauce?
I need to start drinking Green tea again. Before I moved I had like 5 boxes, that's how much I drank it. I guess the sun is out now so I don't think of it as often.

What up with peanut butter? I stopped buying it completely and getting almond butter now.

Thanks for posting that Mike.

This is great for the people coming on here bitching about gaining weight or losing fat. I do just about everything in this article and have had great success in gaining mass. My friend that I work with wants to gain weight as well. I have to point him to this thread. I already told him what I did but if he needs to see it on paper, or on screen I should say. :)

Thank you Mr. Martial.

I need to start drinking Green tea again. Before I moved I had like 5 boxes, that's how much I drank it. I guess the sun is out now so I don't think of it as often.

You can use green tea as the base of your oatmeals and shakes. You can also use it to help make applesauce in a processor/blender. Or just make a bug jug, flavor it with splenda/stevia, and drink it iced.

You can use green tea as the base of your oatmeals and shakes. You can also use it to help make applesauce in a processor/blender. Or just make a bug jug, flavor it with splenda/stevia, and drink it iced.

Ya, that's what I did last year. Big jug. Stevia is pricey (not really, I'm just cheap) so I just use lemon juice and put my Greens + in it too.

Good call though.

When it says

"Eat proteins, veggies, fruits & fats every 3 hours. 2 cups water with each meal. Carbs post workout only. Junk food 10% of the time. Get stronger in the meanwhile and you

Low-fat yogurt?

Why not the full fat?

My belly seems to like the whole product much better than the fat-stripped. I have a lactose issue with the lower fat varieties of anything dairy.

Dairy fats are "not recommended", as I recently read in a different thread. Get your fat intake elsewhere.

Do not worry about the carbohydrates from vegetables, or reasonable fruit portions. It is the starches, sugars, and liquid calories that should be limited.

9g of EPA/DHA is a good bit for supplemental use. I tend to use around 3g daily.

Paste a except and then provide a link to the specific article to give stronglifts.com more hits. We gotta support our sources of info.

Do i agree with all of it, no. Do i agree with a lot of it, yup

9 gms of epa/dha??? I dont think I can choke down that many fish oil pills...:(

I've read a number of 'top food for muscle building, fat loss, etc.' lists, but I have to say this is my new favourite. Very succinct and informative thread. Thanks, Mike.

9 gms of epa/dha??? I dont think I can choke down that many fish oil pills...:(

As if that isn't bad enough, your significant other probably won't appreciate it very much either :icon_cry2.

Back