200 kg bench press - clean or juicing?

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this dude who swears he's clean, but he can put up 200 kgs on the bench and other heavy weights.

I mean, even with juice that's strong.
I know guys using and can't lift that, so obviously he has a natural strength in one sense but, I've heard some say he does juice, and others say he's clean.

He's about 120 kgs body weight so, big unit but, I mean he basically has what seems like superhuman strength.

Forget what may or may not be, my question is primarily, would benching 200 kgs for a 120 kgs dude (not ripped, significant body fat), be unusual, or considered strong but not unheard of?

One individual that springs to mind when you think natural super human strength, is Charles Bronson (re film, "Bronson").

Incredible motivation etc, but yeah - I mean he was in prison so for sure not on gear, and ridiculously strong.

They seem more exceptional however.

Gotta be the juice. No one benches Teh 275 natty

Fuck teh 275, I bench that shit for reps.

Talking about the 440.

Primary reason I ask this question is cause the dude is a fuck face, I puke at him.
It would pain me to think he has this strength naturally.

1. How would random internet posters who don’t know the guy and have never even seen him know?

2. Who gives a fuck.

Fuck teh 275, I bench that shit for reps.

Talking about the 440.

Primary reason I ask this question is cause the dude is a fuck face, I puke at him.
It would pain me to think he has this strength naturally.

Wonder if he thinks about you similarly.

I hit 200 at under 110, 100% clean. I did it at 37 and have a repaired labrum on my left shoulder. I would expect it could easily be done by determined people with decent genetics and accommodating lifestyles.

Bummer.

Could be natural. You are in a better position to work that out than us. Does he live the clean life?

I know this dude who swears he's clean, but he can put up 200 kgs on the bench and other heavy weights.

I know guys using and can't lift that, so obviously he has a natural strength in one sense but, I've heard some say he does juice, and others say he's clean.

He's about 120 kgs body weight so, big unit but, I mean he basically has what seems like superhuman strength.

Forget what may or may not be, my question is primarily, would benching 200 kgs for a 120 kgs dude (not ripped, significant body fat), be unusual, or considered strong but not unheard of?
Of course it's possible to natty bench 200kg but its also very rare - he must have very good genetics and train hard regardless of juicing. Outside of a proper old school powerlifting gym I trained at for a while I've probably only seen 5 guys successfully lift that in 10 years attending normal gyms. A lot comes down to whether you really train specifically for bench which very few people do. Last year I had an elbow injury and basically just did squats and deads for 3months and its surprising how much you can improve specific lifts if you focus on them to the detriment of everything else.

I hit 200 at under 110, 100% clean. I did it at 37 and have a repaired labrum on my left shoulder. I would expect it could easily be done by determined people with decent genetics and accommodating lifestyles.
At 37? You've given me renewed hope. I thought 32 was too old to power lift.

Come on, man. You know the Rules of F13;)

1)Anyone who can't lift as much as me is a weak little bitch.

2)Anyone who can lift more than me is a juicing cheater.

Last edited:

That's definitely well within a reasonable weight to bench press without steroids. I'm close to that weight and I'm benching just below that amount. Another couple years training and I could be there. I know for a fact I'm not juicing.

Guys are benching way more than that. It's really not that heavy once you get into real strength training and past gym bro training.

That's definitely well within a reasonable weight to bench press without steroids. I'm close to that weight and I'm benching just below that amount. Another couple years training and I could be there. I know for a fact I'm not juicing.

Guys are benching way more than that. It's really not that heavy once you get into real strength training and past gym bro training.
It seems like the prevalence of steroids in the social media era has vastly distorted young lifters' perceptions of what's achievable natty. It's usually the younger guys who are quick to assume anyone lifting more than what they were in their first year of lifting is suspect. They don't see the years of slow incremental gains that result in big PR's, they just want the immediate gratification of crushing big weights for da 'gram.

ummm, i love looking at old lifting numbers, presteroid, because it makes me feel like less of a bitch.

im not sure where 440 falls, to be honest. I work with a guy who benches 370 and i actually believe him that he is natural.

But, we did a little odd object lifting for fun at work and, well, its always a good idea to check out a guys range of motion.

Your 440 guy MIGHT be clean, or mostly clean, but he might be bouncing it with his ass off the bench. He might have a spotter who swears he didnt help but actually is.

Or he might be lifting it, too.

Back