NCAA Wrestling

Snyder, Cox, and Burroughs all get gold at Yasar Dogu. Cox out scored everyone 42-0.

Does anyone know why Chamizo forfeited the championship match with Burroughs? Some people are saying it’s because he’s injured and he’s already locked up the #1 seed for worlds?
I honestly think it is because he didn't want to face Burroughs right now and he already had the no.1 seed locked up. And apparently he is the best at 74 right now... I think Sidakov has figured Chamizo out, and Burroughs just bullied him when they last faced each other.

Here is a nice highlight of Russian National Championships from last week:

Is it a certainty that he goes to 97? He's got a year to cut and I'm sure he has a better chance with DT and Yazdani than with Snyder and the Tank.

That is a huge cut with day of weigh ins.

Its It's possible he goes 86 but I thought the cut would be too much with the new weigh in rules

Its It's possible he goes 86 but I thought the cut would be too much with the new weigh in rules

I'd really like to know what he weighed in at against Bo, if he was around 215-220 then he has a year to lose 15-20 lbs to make the cut doable. But to answer your question, I had Snyder all the way until I saw Cox at Dogu, he's looking great and now I don't know, it's a toss up.

I know it's wat early but in 2020 who wins the spot Cox or Snyder?

It seems more and more people are speculating he’s going to try for 86. Reasons being he’s been training a hell of a lot with Snyder lately and secondly he’s been weighing under for most of his 92kg matches.

That said, I hope he goes up and I have it an even 50/50 head to head. I think Cox is improving more rapidly but the horse power has to come into play. I do hope Cox wins. I think it’ll be better for our team chances.

It seems more and more people are speculating he’s going to try for 86. Reasons being he’s been training a hell of a lot with Snyder lately and secondly he’s been weighing under for most of his 92kg matches.

That said, I hope he goes up and I have it an even 50/50 head to head. I think Cox is improving more rapidly but the horse power has to come into play. I do hope Cox wins. I think it’ll be better for our team chances.

If he's weighing under now he should have no problem making 86 in a year, even with same-day weigh ins. I have no idea how long DT will be out for and he'll be vulnerable when he gets back. Where did you hear he was weighing in under?

Im expecting him to go up and I cant pick a winner between the 2 of them. I cant see Cox going down. I remember when his college career ended he talked about being so done with the tough cut to 197 and it wasn't even clear he would continue wrestling. Then he showed up and won the trials. I just keep thinking, Cox won senior nationals in 2013 at 220 pounds! He's a big boy.

Baitsaev won gold at 97, but of course, Sadulaev would beat him up again lol
Dude, I admire his resolve and who knows, maybe he will defeat Sadulaev one day, but I think it may be time to either go back to HW or field offers from other countries that would really value his skills. If he's anywhere else he's a guaranteed medalist.

Looks like J'Den to 86kg for Olympics. I'll still take a 100% Taylor over Cox. I think it's better for the team as well as I don't think J'Den gets by Yazdani-Charati.

I also think Dieringer, Zahid, and Bo will all be in the mix. That's going to be a really fun weight for team trials.

Looks like J'Den to 86kg for Olympics. I'll still take a 100% Taylor over Cox. I think it's better for the team as well as I don't think J'Den gets by Yazdani-Charati.

I also think Dieringer, Zahid, and Bo will all be in the mix. That's going to be a really fun weight for team trials.

There some new info on Jden? Or you just feeling more confident in his move down?

Back