NCAA Wrestling

You'd think with Hofstra being down the block from one of the top JUCO teams in Nassau CC they'd have a nice well of talent trickling in (Just like Weidman, Hieron, Baroni, etc did). Add in the fact that Long Island wrestling is very strong. What gives?
JUCO wrestlers don’t tend to be compromised of high quality academic material

JUCO wrestlers don’t tend to be compromised of high quality academic material

Hofstra isn't exactly an Ivy though. A kid from a rival HS was a bloodround guy for them and I knew he struggled academically in HS.

Hofstra isn't exactly an Ivy though. A kid from a rival HS was a bloodround guy for them and I knew he struggled academically in HS.
Ah okay. I was always under the impression is was a upper medium tier college at least.

SCrolling through my imgur account and stumbled upon these gems from the Themat.com boards back in the day. Is MadMardigan the shoop guy there

SCp8lQt.jpg

cag8gTv.jpg

fhPlBYm.jpg

ExSc5im.jpg

ZxBhQRz.jpg

seiGjkZ.jpg

This is a good point. Although I know @Te Huna Matata made a good counter, I know that balancing DI wrestling season with schoolwork isn't easy.
There tends to to be two spectrums of college wrestler. Either rough around the edges party boy with meh to horrible grades. Or. Cornell type material.

You’d be shocked at how few fall in between those extremes. Programs even 10 years ago could get away with having a few to a lot of those rough around the edges type kids. Not so much anymore.

There tends to to be two spectrums of college wrestler. Either rough around the edges party boy with meh to horrible grades. Or. Cornell type material.

You’d be shocked at how few fall in between those extremes. Programs even 10 years ago could get away with having a few to a lot of those rough around the edges type kids. Not so much anymore.

Sadly super accurate. You either have Joey Davis or Nico Megaludis.

Sadly super accurate. You either have Joey Davis or Nico Megaludis.
While it does provide socialization and chances for kids who would normally never interact in high school to become great friends.. for high school kids.. it’s actually a huge problem for college wrestling lol.

This Starocci kid just took out Massa and Romero back to back.

I saw him beat Chance Marsteller in freestyle over the summer as well.

PSU just keeps reloading.

Beard also big brothered the shit out of Hoffman

This Starocci kid just took out Massa and Romero back to back.

I saw him beat Chance Marsteller in freestyle over the summer as well.

PSU just keeps reloading.

Beard also big brothered the shit out of Hoffman

Beard wanted to make a statement and did. Starocci is a fucking stud in the making. Brooks is going to win Nattys. Bartlett had a bulldozer of a first shot then did fuck all after but he super undersized.

Ever since I moved, life has been so damn busy and I haven't seen anything all year. This was the first wrestling I've watched since idk when.

Beard wanted to make a statement and did. Starocci is a fucking stud in the making. Brooks is going to win Nattys. Bartlett had a bulldozer of a first shot then did fuck all after but he super undersized.

Ever since I moved, life has been so damn busy and I haven't seen anything all year. This was the first wrestling I've watched since idk when.

I got into all the freestyle duals in the summer and fall but have only seen a few NCAA matches.

I'm most hyped for Steveson vs Parris.

I think the styles favor Steveson for now but Parris has a steep learning curve.

Parris from a hs senior to now is so much more polished. I do think he has one of the highest ceilings but I don't think he'll ever touch Gable.

Parris from a hs senior to now is so much more polished. I do think he has one of the highest ceilings but I don't think he'll ever touch Gable.

I kind of look at it like JB vs Taylor.. if Parris can force Steveson to wrestle from a tie up he can win. But I don't think he can do that yet. And he might not ever be able to but that's his path to victory

Sanders caught Gilman in a loose gut attempt and sticks him.

Gabe Dean beats Nickal 3-2.

Dean has some crazy defense. In the end of the 2nd period tied 2-2 Nickal got real deep on Dean and Dean was able to scramble put. Nickal tried to run him out of bounds off the scramble but got out of position and Dean was able to pivot with an overlook and send Nickal out first by just a bit for the 1

Snyder practically walked through Dean.
Snyder was too strong, wrestled too tight and kept the pressure on the whole time.

Bad match up for Dean.

Back