2018 CFB Discussion: National Championship Or Bust v.2

FyrFytr998

When the shit keeps piling up…Get a shovel.
@Gold
Reaction score
Continuing the discussion.......

Not much fanfare for their bowl win in the last thread, but congrats to Coach Monken for making Army respectable again. And congrats on the award.....

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-black-knights-named-george-munger-coach-year

This year I decided that all the service academies would be “My Team” this year. Too bad Air Force and Navy had down years. Army on the other hand delivered big time. Eleven wins, 3peating Navy, CIC Trophy retention, Taking Oklahoma to OT, bowl record for points in blowing the doors off Houston, etc.

I have no illusions of grandeur for the Academies, I’m perfectly happy with winning seasons for all, bowl wins, and the fight for the CIC. Next year I am definitely taking in a game at West Point. And the Army vs. Navy game is a bucket list must see for me as well.

@Captain Davis you are my brother, but I will be rooting for Clemson. Christian Wilkins played HS ball here in CT.

Alabama is gonna win another national championship.

Lol @ Drake jumping on the bandwagon.

I don't see how Bama loses this game to Clemson.

Cheering for NDSU just because Cowherd went to EWU.

Of course Drake is cheering for Bama.

He might lowkey be the greatest troll ever.

@Captain Davis you are my brother, but I will be rooting for Clemson. Christian Wilkins played HS ball here in CT.
That’s cool. Hell, I love Dabo. There’s no animosity in this one, all respect. I hope it’s a fun game, but of course I hope the Tide rolls!

That’s cool. Hell, I love Dabo. There’s no animosity in this one, all respect. I hope it’s a fun game, but of course I hope the Tide rolls!

Hate Dabo and Clemson so damn much. Even more than I hate Saban and Bama.

Dabo is in that Jimbo Fisher class of punchability. I can't stand him.

They cant even give away tickets to the National Championship game, no one cares about that bullshit out here
Shoulda booked Michigan
And now theres a huge storm coming in to the Bay Area which is gonna hurt the house even more
Doubt they run this building again anytime soon

They cant even give away tickets to the National Championship game, no one cares about that bullshit out here
Shoulda booked Michigan
And now theres a huge storm coming in to the Bay Area which is gonna hurt the house even more
Doubt they run this building again anytime soon

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ionship-stadium-city-location-alabama-clemson

Reading this article. The powers that be, won’t care enough to remember it sucks. This is less about college now and more about corporate shilling an amateur Super Bowl. I mean really, why the fuck do we need a pop band like Imagine Dragons for halftime entertainment? How about a good old marching band face off while the viewers are running to grab a fresh round of beers and food?

@Frank23 and @Ham Socks , Drake has never been one to let a good bandwagon go to waste.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ionship-stadium-city-location-alabama-clemson

Reading this article. The powers that be, won’t care enough to remember it sucks. This is less about college now and more about corporate shilling an amateur Super Bowl. I mean really, why the fuck do we need a pop band like Imagine Dragons for halftime entertainment? How about a good old marching band face off while the viewers are running to grab a fresh round of beers and food?

@Frank23 and @Ham Socks , Drake has never been one to let a good bandwagon go to waste.
That article is pretty spot on
No one cares about college football out here and that stadium is such an ugly uncomfortable piece of crap for being brand new

If it doesnt rain too bad tomorrow I might jump on Stub Hub and grab a couple severely reduced tickets if I can find someone willing to drive while I drink
Fuck it, it is the NC game, would be cool to go at least once

That article is pretty spot on
No one cares about college football out here and that stadium is such an ugly uncomfortable piece of crap for being brand new

If it doesnt rain too bad tomorrow I might jump on Stub Hub and grab a couple severely reduced tickets if I can find someone willing to drive while I drink
Fuck it, it is the NC game, would be cool to go at least once

As a sports fan, you just gotta. If I was left coast, I’d gladly drive you. At the very least, you could say you watched one of the most dominating college football teams of all time live. And that’s no matter who wins the game

Not true.

There are at lest 25 people in Palo Alto that love college sports.

Wow. That crowd don’t even cover the concession stand employee salaries, lol.

Buccaneers interested in talking to Kirby Smart?

Wow. That crowd don’t even cover the concession stand employee salaries, lol.

You should see what it was like in the old Stanford Stadium that had 80,000 seats :eek:

TBF - the university has more money than they know what to do with. I think only Yale, Harvard and UTexas have a larger endowment but Stanford's ability to add from donors is just stupid.

You should see what it was like in the old Stanford Stadium that had 80,000 seats :eek:

TBF - the university has more money than they know what to do with. I think only Yale, Harvard and UTexas have a larger endowment but Stanford's ability to add from donors is just stupid.
Didn't they make it 80K for hosting Super Bowls?

Didn't they make it 80K for hosting Super Bowls?

The new stadium? Nope, it's only 50,000. I mean it looks very nice with well designed sight lines. The old stadium was much bigger but it also had a 400m running track around the field and bench seating. the only time I remember it being full was for the 'big game' (CAL).

The new stadium? Nope, it's only 50,000. I mean it looks very nice with well designed sight lines. The old stadium was much bigger but it also had a 400m running track around the field and bench seating. the only time I remember it being full was for the 'big game' (CAL).

That’s too bad. For a hot minute we thought UConn was finally gonna join the big dogs, but the dissolution of Big East Football, and Edsall leaving for Maryland killed what momentum we had built up. Edsall’s second tenure hasn’t brought the old magic back either. This is a basketball state for the foreseeable future. So hence my allegiance switch to the service academies for football.

Although, I would love if Yale ditched the Ivy and decided to be a national player. The Yale bowl is a hop skip jump away from my house, lol. Yale has even less attendance except for the Harvard game.

Back