2018 Song Of The Day - Day 195 - Soundtracks - Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

I like a handful of Cardigans and don't know that song. I'll check out the sample on iTunes.

Band: The Delfonics
Song: Stop and Look (And You Have Found Love)
Year: 2012
Why: Luke Cage is right around the corner.

Band: White Gold and the Calcium Twins
Song: One Gallon Axe
Year: 2008
Why: Ten years ago, the California Milk Processor Board (the group that created "Got Milk?") decided to launch an ad campaign for milk by creating a fictional comedy rock band called White Gold and the Calcium Twins. The voice of the vocalist is Tyler Spencer, aka Dick Valentine from the band Electric Six, and he also wrote the music as well. They released three music videos, and then a year later, they made a 20 minute rock opera called The Battle for Milkquarious. I'm not making any of this up.

Composer: James Wong
Song: A Man Should Better Himself
Year: 1991
Why: As far as walkout music goes, walking out to the theme song of Wong Fei-Hung is pretty top notch.

Band: Qntal
Song: Ecce Gratum
Year: 2003
Why: I don't know if I could describe this band to you if I tried. Wikipedia says "darkwave" but I don't know what that is. I do think it's rather beautiful sounding, so I'll leave it at that.

Band: IAMX
Song: President
Year: 2006
Why: I'm feeling IAMX tonight, I'm finally listening to their new album from this year and I'm enjoying it, but his older stuff like this one gets stuck in my head more.

Artist: Stephen Marley
Song: Chase Dem
Year: 2007
Why: He has his father's voice, and it makes me happy.

Band: Rush
Song: Vital Signs
Year: 1981
Why: Rush goes Reggae?

Band: Pantera
Song: Floods
Year: 1996
Why: I hope Vinnie and Dimebag are reunited and playing together in the afterlife. I hope they play this song in particular because of the biblical references, you have to imagine a heavenly body and its inhabitants would feel conflicted about that.

Floods and Hollow are my top two favorite songs from Pantera nice song pick

Band: Toad the Wet Sprocket
Song: Walk on the Ocean
Year: 1991
Why: I came into possession of the album Fear on cassette when I was young, and I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Needless to say, when young with only a handful of cassette tapes before the internet was a thing, I listened to this one a whole lot.

Artist: Marcela Bovio
Song: Found!
Year: 2016
Why: She has a sensational voice.

It's July, so let's start another theme! This theme is "songs famous for their use in a movie soundtrack."

Artist: Seal
Song: Kiss from a Rose
Year: 1994
Film: Batman Forever

Artists: College & Electric Youth
Song: A Real Hero
Year: 2011
Film: Drive

Artists: College & Electric Youth
Song: A Real Hero
Year: 2011
Film: Drive

Man, that's definitely one song that takes me instantly back into a film and puts some tears in my eyes

This one goes out to an old friend I haven't heard from in a long while.

Band
: Hall & Oates
Song: You Make My Dreams
Year: 1980
Film: The Wedding Singer

Band: Starship
Song: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
Year: 1986
Film: Mannequin

Band: Stealers Wheel
Song: Stuck in the Middle with You
Year: 1972
Film: Reservoir Dogs

Band: Rammstein
Song: Feuer Frei!
Year: 2001
Film: XXX
Fun Fact: The director of the movie XXX, Rob Cohen, also directed this accompanying music video.

Band: The Runaways
Song: Cherry Bomb
Year: 1976
Film: Guardians of the Galaxy

Back