2019 Motorsports thread.

Another curious qualifying session as Ferrari again decided to use the softest tire in the second session so they will start the race on those tires. They had trouble making them last ten laps in practice without the speed falling off. The Mercedes and Red Bulls will be starting on mediums and could be set up for a one stop race.

The Red Bulls were fast in early qualifying but could only manage 4th and 5th place start but did push Vettel to 6th. Maybe Ferrari are counting on rain in the race.

Mercedes strategy may have prevented Bottas from winning as they pitted him first and committed to a two stop strategy by putting on another set of medium tires. A safety car was deployed for a car stopped in a run off area that allowed Hamilton to pit and keep the lead. Then Hamilton was able to maintain the hard tires enough to set the fastest lap on the final lap. Bottas benefited by Vettel hitting Verstappen, taking them both off track and allowing Bottas enough space to make a second stop and hold on to second place. Vettel slammed into the back of Verstappen after Verstappen passed him. As usual, Vettel tried to blame Verstappen. The stewards penalized Vettel 10 seconds but it wasn't necessary as the collision took out his front wing forcing him to make a slow run to the pit for a nose change. Vettel finished out of the points while Verstappen was able to continue and finish 5th.

You guys see that last lap duel by the Busch brothers? Good stuff right there.

Am I the only one who finds Claire Williams sexy as hell?

She even got her teeth fixed proper

No

Lewis took sir frank on a hot lap and she stuck her head in the window and asked lewis to come to williams. Haha. Lewis gets models, but i was sold. Haha

Last edited:
Lewis was possessed today. Wow. That duel at the beginning was great. bottas came right back at him.

Lewis setting the fastest lap on old hard tyres was also a big FU. What a driver.

Lewis was possessed today. Wow. That duel at the beginning was great. bottas came right back at him.

Lewis setting the fastest lap on old hard tyres was also a big FU. What a driver.

I don't know why so many don't think Hamilton is a great driver. He constantly runs farther and faster on a set of tires than anyone else.

The announcers didn't know what was going on late in the race when Hamilton was called in to change tires but didn't. It sounds like Bottas thought he was having a problem so they changed to having Bottas pit first. Hamilton had enough of a lead to pit after Bottas did without losing the lead but he said he could finish on those tires. He still had enough of a lead to be able to risk trying for the fastest lap on the final lap with over 30 laps on his tires when Bottas had much fresher tires.

I don't know why so many don't think Hamilton is a great driver. He constantly runs farther and faster on a set of tires than anyone else.

The announcers didn't know what was going on late in the race when Hamilton was called in to change tires but didn't. It sounds like Bottas thought he was having a problem so they changed to having Bottas pit first. Hamilton had enough of a lead to pit after Bottas did without losing the lead but he said he could finish on those tires. He still had enough of a lead to be able to risk trying for the fastest lap on the final lap with over 30 laps on his tires when Bottas had much fresher tires.
I've never met anyone who doesnt think Hamilton is a great driver. There's no denying it. But damn if he isnt the luckiest on top of it...

Mercedes strategy may have prevented Bottas from winning as they pitted him first and committed to a two stop strategy by putting on another set of medium tires. A safety car was deployed for a car stopped in a run off area that allowed Hamilton to pit and keep the lead. Then Hamilton was able to maintain the hard tires enough to set the fastest lap on the final lap. Bottas benefited by Vettel hitting Verstappen, taking them both off track and allowing Bottas enough space to make a second stop and hold on to second place. Vettel slammed into the back of Verstappen after Verstappen passed him. As usual, Vettel tried to blame Verstappen. The stewards penalized Vettel 10 seconds but it wasn't necessary as the collision took out his front wing forcing him to make a slow run to the pit for a nose change. Vettel finished out of the points while Verstappen was able to continue and finish 5th.

Couldn't really bank on a safety car.

But by most accounts, Lewis was faster anyways, it's just he would've had to pass Bottas on track.

Vettel did rightly apologise to Max after the race. Not much more he could do lol. He did run into the back of the fella and shunted him right off the track. I was thinking that Max was going to get stuck in the gravel track and that was going to end his race completely

Lewis is a great driver. He's also a twat

Couldn't really bank on a safety car.

But by most accounts, Lewis was faster anyways, it's just he would've had to pass Bottas on track.

Vettel did rightly apologise to Max after the race. Not much more he could do lol. He did run into the back of the fella and shunted him right off the track. I was thinking that Max was going to get stuck in the gravel track and that was going to end his race completely

Bottas was holding Lewis up. Lewis increased his pace after Bottas pitted and had extended the gap to slightly more than the pit differential by the time the safety car was deployed.

Immediately after the collision, Vettel was on the radio asking what Verstappen thought he was doing. He must have thought better of it or his team talked to him before he was interviewed after the race. I'm sure they want to avoid further action by F1.

Bottas was holding Lewis up. Lewis increased his pace after Bottas pitted and had extended the gap to slightly more than the pit differential by the time the safety car was deployed.

Immediately after the collision, Vettel was on the radio asking what Verstappen thought he was doing. He must have thought better of it or his team talked to him before he was interviewed after the race. I'm sure they want to avoid further action by F1.

I don't know about holding him up. I don't think they were really really close to each other but Lewis was well on his way to running him down.

Yeah that's what I figured.

I've never met anyone who doesnt think Hamilton is a great driver. There's no denying it. But damn if he isnt the luckiest on top of it...
I dont know if he is lucky. He has had his share of bad luck. Year one he had the gravel in china i believe and the stall or whatever in the last race, could have been a rookie world champ. 2016 he had the retirement in malaysia after leading. Could have had two more world titles right there. The pit stop debacle in monaco, the issue with that component on his car being loose. Had to pit when doing well. Those are just off the top of my head. In the end, maybe it all evens out.

I dont know if he is lucky. He has had his share of bad luck. Year one he had the gravel in china i believe and the stall or whatever in the last race, could have been a rookie world champ. 2016 he had the retirement in malaysia after leading. Could have had two more world titles right there. The pit stop debacle in monaco, the issue with that component on his car being loose. Had to pit when doing well. Those are just off the top of my head. In the end, maybe it all evens out.

He's good enough that he makes his own luck.

What's that stat that Fernando is like 8 points away from being a 4/5 time world champion?

I don't know about holding him up. I don't think they were really really close to each other but Lewis was well on his way to running him down.

Yeah that's what I figured.

Lewis tried to pass Bottas several times in the first two laps before settling in to preserve his tires and keep his engine cool.

I still think that Mercedes "gave" Rosberg his championship to placate him and instead he retired. That was the season that Hamilton's cars had the launch problems and the only Mercedes engine failures.

I also think the FIA sent a bad precedent a couple races back not penalizing Max. Sure, I like racing, but he was off the track a couple times and got the lead in England. Him and Leclerc/Seb will clash again next race.

Lewis tried to pass Bottas several times in the first two laps before settling in to preserve his tires and keep his engine cool.

Team probably whispered for them to calm down a bit too.

I still think that Mercedes "gave" Rosberg his championship to placate him and instead he retired. That was the season that Hamilton's cars had the launch problems and the only Mercedes engine failures.

Trying to not buy into conspiracy theories.

From memory, they had their share of failures. I think Lewis had one or two more issues but he had the biggest blowup in Malaysia when the engine blew up with him well ahead

Team probably whispered for them to calm down a bit too.

I'm sure they did. They were going for a one stop race and didn't need them wearing out the tires racing each other.

Back