Elections 2020 Democratic Primary Thread v5: Primary Season Begins

Who do you support most out of the remaining Democratic candidates?

• Tom Steyer (Entrepreneur)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
538 has Bernie’s odds at over 50%. If that’s true and we assume he does well in SC he’s no longer a weak front runner. It’s looking like his race to lose.

Actually excited for this debate to see what happens. It has to be so insulting for the rest of candidates to know a billionaire who's done nothing but throw massive amounts of money into this race is beating them. Doesn't look like Bloomberg has really fallen in the polls either after the Nevada debate.

Actually excited for this debate to see what happens. It has to be so insulting for the rest of candidates to know a billionaire who's done nothing but throw massive amounts of money into this race is beating them. Doesn't look like Bloomberg has really fallen in the polls either after the Nevada debate.
Which is nuts because that debate was a disaster for him. I’ve said it from the beginning - Bloomberg should drop out (should have never ran) and should spend this money on attacking Trump and supporting whoever wins the nomination. But his fucking ego is too big.

The debate tonight feels like a really big one. Unless someone makes serious moves Bernie can wrap this thing up over the next few weeks.

Which is nuts because that debate was a disaster for him. I’ve said it from the beginning - Bloomberg should drop out (should have never ran) and should spend this money on attacking Trump and supporting whoever wins the nomination. But his fucking ego is too big.

The debate tonight feels like a really big one. Unless someone makes serious moves Bernie can wrap this thing up over the next few weeks.
It's not just his ego. Half of his friends are Republican allies which should shock nobody as he was a Republican and his ideas/stances are Republican ones. The man sits on the far right wing of the Democratic Party. He is one of those guys who would change his party affiliation back to Republican at the drop of a hat if it seemed like it would benefit him the most.

Like everyone on the stage but Bernie he stands for nothing but himself.

It's not just his ego. Half of his friends are Republican allies which should shock nobody as he was a Republican and his ideas/stances are Republican ones. The man sits on the far right wing of the Democratic Party. He is one of those guys who would change his party affiliation back to Republican at the drop of a hat if it seemed like it would benefit him the most.

Like everyone on the stage but Bernie he stands for nothing but himself.
I don’t agree with that last part at all. But yeah, Bloomberg sucks.

Got my vote in. For the first time I'm in a place where my vote actually matters and there's a candidate I believe in. Feels good.

538 has Bernie’s odds at over 50%. If that’s true and we assume he does well in SC he’s no longer a weak front runner. It’s looking like his race to lose.

Statistics aside, I think that Sanders was always going to be a strong front runner if he got into front runner status. Because his message is consistent and his donor base is completely unprecedented. Keeping up with his fundraising is like keeping up with Nick Diaz's pace.

Before the Clyburn endorsement.

Last edited:

Electability is difficult to quantify, and volatile, but this is a somewhat decent cursory analysis from Chris Hayes.

Me and my dad just voted for bernie, here in Cali.

Its funny how much the bullshit Castro comment has been spammed thru out Spanish tv...It even comes out in fucking colombian tv lol

I told my dad, it's a bunch of bullshit to make bernie look bad, and that bernie is the only guy who will fight for social security no matter what.....I convinced him.

Interesting

Wow, I'm legitimately very surprised by this. Seems totally out of whack with reality. I'd have thought that gap would most widen during the Bush years, tighten up during the Obama years, and tighten further in the age of Trump.

Me and my dad just voted for bernie, here in Cali.

Its funny how much the bullshit Castro comment has been spammed thru out Spanish tv...It even comes out in fucking colombian tv lol

I told my dad, it's a bunch of bullshit to make bernie look bad, and that bernie is the only guy who will fight for social security no matter what.....I convinced him.

Bless you, child.

Wow, I'm legitimately very surprised by this. Seems totally out of whack with reality. I'd have thought that gap would most widen during the Bush years, tighten up during the Obama years, and tighten further in the age of Trump.

I think it kinds of lines up with the economy. Most of the 90s were good and people look at it as an opportunity for growth. Small recession in the early 200s followed by the big collapse when distrust peaks. We've been in a boom ever since

>Says he will fund his platform with a fossil fuel tax.

>Wants to get rid of fossil fuels.

You can't make this chit up. what happens when the money dries up? oh-wait....promote more people to drive electric cars....then have an electricity tax?

how is he going to generate 20 million good-paying union jobs when he's going to cut 10 million jobs supporting the oil and gas industry?

Mike 'I bought democrats" Bloomberg.

>Says he will fund his platform with a fossil fuel tax.

>Wants to get rid of fossil fuels.

You can't make this chit up. what happens when the money dries up? oh-wait....promote more people to drive electric cars....then have an electricity tax?

It's almost like you can have alternative plans in case your primary plans are not attainable. Whoaaaaa, I know.

how is he going to generate 20 million good-paying union jobs when he's going to cut 10 million jobs supporting the oil and gas industry?

Kind of hard to correct your misunderstanding when you're so open to just throwing out ludicrous numbers. The fossil fuel industry provides less than a million jobs....so less than one-twentieth of your figure. And, furthermore, the vast majority are not unionized. Meanwhile, the green economy's half of the energy economy does provide approximately 10 million jobs, and someone wishing to expand that half to encompass the entirety of energy production could, of course, dictate that with public contracts that stipulate union membership.

The fossil fuel sector, from coal mines to gas power plants, employed around 900,000 people in the US in 2015-16, government figures show. But Lucien Georgeson and Mark Maslin at University College London found that over the same period this was vastly outweighed by the green economy, which provided nearly 9.5 million jobs, or 4 per cent of the working age population. The pair defined the green economy broadly, covering everything from renewable energy to environmental consultancy.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...-than-the-fossil-fuel-industry/#ixzz6F5N2tBeU
Did you not already realize that green energy provides way more jobs than fossil fuels? That's kind of a key selling point: that it's not entirely automated, so that the proceeds are more spread out.

One last week of the establishment trying to manufacture concent. They will be going full mutiny after super Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back