2021 MLB Discussion v1: Texas Super Spreaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll take it. Not all prospects pan out anyways.

This is spot on. A lot of people act like every top draft prospect is a super star in the making. Yet I can only remember a single one the Dodgers traded away that went on to be a mega star. Carlos Santana had a decent career I guess. Konerko and Edwin Jackson had a few good seasons. Only one that really hurt was the Pedro Martinez trade (Fuck Delino DeShields).

Basically if you are in position to win a WS you gotta pull the trigger. I do like Ruiz though. He's got a lot of potential, but with Smith you got a log jam unless the Universal DH becomes a thing or you put one in the infield.

Rich get richer. The sport needs a salary floor, cap and hard cap. It needs an expanded post season. Fans need a reason to care more than fifty, sixty games in for two thirds of the league.

At this point, we should be more shocked when the Dodgers don't win rather than win they do. That team has choked hard outside of last year. If they don't win this year, it'll be a fucking joke, but they'll truly have next year to look forward to.

The best part about this deal is that the dodgers kept Pepiot and Miller. Lmao. Awesome.

Rich get richer. The sport needs a salary floor, cap and hard cap. It needs an expanded post season. Fans need a reason to care more than fifty, sixty games in for two thirds of the league.

At this point, we should be more shocked when the Dodgers don't win rather than win they do. That team has choked hard outside of last year. If they don't win this year, it'll be a fucking joke, but they'll truly have next year to look forward to.

I wouldn't count the Dodgers as a lock at all this year. They've been plagued with injuries all season and still have Dave Roberts as their coach and Cardiac Kenley as their closer.

I'm with you on extended post season though. Would like to see Universal DH back. And would be nice to see best record get seeded higher over teams winning a shitty division. As a Dodgers fan I'm cool with the cap being as it is but I get your point. There should be a penalty for spending too little IMO.

Next move is a reliever. Get kimbrel now.

This is spot on. A lot of people act like every top draft prospect is a super star in the making. Yet I can only remember a single one the Dodgers traded away that went on to be a mega star. Carlos Santana had a decent career I guess. Konerko and Edwin Jackson had a few good seasons. Only one that really hurt was the Pedro Martinez trade (Fuck Delino DeShields).

Basically if you are in position to win a WS you gotta pull the trigger. I do like Ruiz though. He's got a lot of potential, but with Smith you got a log jam unless the Universal DH becomes a thing or you put one in the infield.

you still gotta be careful with the farm. Every good team in the league right now is built primarily through guys from their own organization. Then teams that go through long droughts do it cuz their farm sucks or they gutted the farm like our mans Dave Dombrowski. Dodgers seem to have a good sense on who to keep and move though. Helps that their farm is loaded.

I wouldn't count the Dodgers as a lock at all this year. They've been plagued with injuries all season and still have Dave Roberts as their coach and Cardiac Kenley as their closer.

I'm with you on extended post season though. Would like to see Universal DH back. And would be nice to see best record get seeded higher over teams winning a shitty division. As a Dodgers fan I'm cool with the cap being as it is but I get your point. There should be a penalty for spending too little IMO.

Expand it to sixteen teams. Baseball teams can always get hot. It'll be like March madness but for baseball. Three games in the first round, then five, then seven and seven. Give fan bases a reason to care. Get your games on TV more because of more playoff games. Sell more tickets since more teams will make the playoffs and teams will be more competitive into the regular season. Force owners to sell to others who will spend and keep teams competitive. Cap, hard cap, salary floors.

The Dodgers, including dead money, are at about $400 million in payroll. It's a fucking joke at this point. It just is. If they don't win, it's a massive failure. Their fan base is mostly casual though so about 75% don't give a shit.

you still gotta be careful with the farm. Every good team in the league right now is built primarily through guys from their own organization. Then teams that go through long droughts do it cuz their farm sucks or they gutted the farm like our mans Dave Dombrowski. Dodgers seem to have a good sense on who to keep and move though. Helps that their farm is loaded.

Yeah I totally agree and there's definitely been teams that have cleared out the farm in the past (*cough cough* Yankees), but I feel like the Dodgers have been pretty stingy in the Friedman era which allows them to pull moves like this. Helps that they have been fantastic at building their farm, unlike that OC team that says they're from LA. Sad to see Ruiz go, but with Smith's emergence and clutchness, Ruiz was kind of expendable.

Expand it to sixteen teams. Baseball teams can always get hot. It'll be like March madness but for baseball. Three games in the first round, then five, then seven and seven. Give fan bases a reason to care. Get your games on TV more because of more playoff games. Sell more tickets since more teams will make the playoffs and teams will be more competitive into the regular season. Force owners to sell to others who will spend and keep teams competitive. Cap, hard cap, salary floors.

The Dodgers, including dead money, are at about $400 million in payroll. It's a fucking joke at this point. It just is. If they don't win, it's a massive failure. Their fan base is mostly casual though so about 75% don't give a shit.
Don’t need expanded playoffs when you play so many games. Cut the season by 40 games and then talk to me about expanding the playoffs. Better solution is to contract teams like the Marlins, royals, angels and rays.

Don’t need expanded playoffs when you play so many games. Cut the season by 40 games and then talk to me about expanding the playoffs. Better solution is to contract teams like the Marlins, royals, angels and rays.

Cut the season by 12 games and Spring training from 30 to 15. Done. Solved. Over. Easy fix. League plays 162. You don't need 30 spring training games.

It should be at least 6 per league if not 7 or 8 like you said. I'm not against the top seed or top 2 seeds getting a 1st round bye as a reward. I do hate the single game play in. I agree with best of 3 1st round.

It should be at least 6 per league if not 7 or 8 like you said. I'm not against the top seed or top 2 seeds getting a 1st round bye as a reward. I do hate the single game play in. I agree with best of 3 1st round.

The play in, after 162 games is an abomination. No exaggeration. That's an insult to fan bases. I'm fine with the top seeds getting a bye.

I do find it funny Rev saying we need to cut 40 games to expand by about 15, lol.

Not surprised a dodger fan wants a shorter season after last year lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back