2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Ocon was told to pit during the formation lap after the red flag which potentially could break the rule regarding no communication from the pit wall during a formation lap. There is confusion whether this rule applies during a post red flag formation lap top not. The shit show if he gets his win taken because of this.

So apparently Ocon was told to pit during the formation lap after the red flag which potentially could break the rule regarding no communication from the pit wall during a formation lap. There is confusion whether this rule applies during a post red flag formation lap top not. The shit show if he gets his win taken because of this.
When he mentioned that in the post race interview I was confused. He was the only one that said his team told him to box. Let’s see what happens. I was sure there was to be radio silence, but who knows.

Vettels car apparently didn't have enough fuel after the race to comply with the rules either... Looks like he's going to be disqualified.

Looks like Ocon is in the clear at least, apparently comms are allowed during the formation lap after a red flag restart.

I don’t like the idea of seb losing his place due to the fuel issue. I understand the rules, but they were able to get a sample. Just not a large enough sample. I think he gets off here.

I don’t like the idea of seb losing his place due to the fuel issue. I understand the rules, but they were able to get a sample. Just not a large enough sample. I think he gets off here.
I dunno, it's a pretty clear cut rule. I'd be surprised if he gets off here. Their team principle did say they can prove they have 1.7 litres in the car though, so I guess we'll see how that plays out.

I dunno, it's a pretty clear cut rule. I'd be surprised if he gets off here. Their team principle did say they can prove they have 1.7 litres in the car though, so I guess we'll see how that plays out.
I guess it is a clear cut rule. He would have never been dq’d in his Ferrari!

Sucks for Vettel, hopefully their appeal works but it seems pretty clear cut. And of course #blessed goes ahead in the title race by another point.

EDIT: Two points, even better

Last edited:
Sucks for Vettel, hopefully their appeal works but it seems pretty clear hut. And of course #blessed goes ahead in the title race by another point.
I think it's an extra 2 points, no? 15 to 18 and 1 to 2 lewis and max respectively

I'm going full tinfoil hat conspiracy on this one and saying this is punishment for the pride t shirt during the anthem lol
Yeah. I figured they would give him something for next race on that.

I'm going full tinfoil hat conspiracy on this one and saying this is punishment for the pride t shirt during the anthem lol
Weird seb not getting hell for social justice like Lewis did though. We even had people saying they aren’t gonna watch f1 until Lewis was retired because of it.

Weird seb not getting hell for social justice like Lewis did though. We even had people saying they aren’t gonna watch f1 until Lewis was retired because of it.
It is weird and in my experience the "keep politics out of sports" people are way more vocal about that stuff when it has to do with race rather than the LGBT stuff. It really is because he's black unfortunately.

It is weird and in my experience the "keep politics out of sports" people are way more vocal about that stuff when it has to do with race rather than the LGBT stuff. It really is because he's black unfortunately.
Yeah.
I for one am glad seb had the stance on this and kept the shirt on. He was also doing some clean up last race at silverstone. They mentioned sainz and someone else also were to go to the stewards for similar stuff, but I could have heard wrong. Although with Johnny Herbert thinking Lewis won the race, I’m sure the commentating crew made a mistake

Yeah.
I for one am glad seb had the stance on this and kept the shirt on. He was also doing some clean up last race at silverstone. They mentioned sainz and someone else also were to go to the stewards for similar stuff, but I could have heard wrong. Although with Johnny Herbert thinking Lewis won the race, I’m sure the commentating crew made a mistake
I'm pretty sure it was Stroll and Bottas as well. This rule is ridiculous and just shows you how fake F1's "We Race As One" slogan is. I hope Seb pulls the same thing again in Saudi Arabia.

We race as one but only when it doesn't cost us money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back