2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League thread (México vs. USA)

Crash Lance

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's time for a new edition of the Scotiabank Champions League (which is the most important title in the entire continent, BY FAR).

Every single club wants to capture this title so that they prove that they're definitely the best club in the entire continent.

Furthermore, all of the teams in CONCACAF want to win this title so that they can enter the FIFA Club World Cup.

The Round of 16 starts on April 6, 2021. This year, the Round of 16 consists of four clubs from México, four clubs from United States of America, two clubs from Costa Rica, two clubs from Honduras, one club from Canada, one club from Nicaragua, one club from República Dominicana (Dominican Republic), and one club from Haiti. Remember, every club has a 2-match series (home and away).

https://www.concacafchampionsleague.com/en/schedule-results#tab_team=rounds

México: 4 Clubs

United States of America: 4 Clubs

Costa Rica: 2 Clubs

Honduras: 2 Clubs

Canada: 1 Club

Nicaragua: 1 Club

República Dominicana (Dominican Republic): 1 Club

Haiti: 1 Club

SCCL_Landscape-Web.png

April 6, 2021:

Arcahaie FC vs. Cruz Azul (in República Dominicana [Dominican Republic])

Liga Deportiva Alajuelense vs. Atlanta United (in Costa Rica)

Club Deportivo Marathón vs. Portland Timbers (in Honduras)

April 7, 2021:

Club Deportivo Olimpia vs. Club América (in Honduras)

Deportivo Saprissa vs. Philadelphia Union (in Costa Rica)

Club León vs. Toronto Football Club (in México)

April 8, 2021:

Club Atlético Pantoja vs. Club Monterrey (in República Dominicana [Dominican Republic])

Real Estelí vs. Columbus Crew (in Nicaragua)

April 13, 2021:

Cruz Azul vs. Arcahaie FC (in México)

Atlanta United vs. Liga Deportiva Alajuelense (in United States of America)

Portland Timbers vs. Club Deportivo Marathón (in United States of America)

April 14, 2021:

Club América vs. Club Deportivo Olimpia (in México)

Philadelphia Union vs. Deportivo Saprissa (in United States of America)

Toronto Football Club vs. Club León (in United States of America)

April 15, 2021:

Club Monterrey vs. Club Atlético Pantoja (in México)

Columbus Crew vs. Real Estelí (in United States of America)

2019SCCLTeams

new-ccl-trophy.jpg

Before anyone on Sherdog says that the clubs in United States of America are WEAK AS HELL, I would like to remind everyone that every single club is brand-new (even the oldest ones).

For example, Atlanta United started in the year 2017.

Hopefully, the clubs in United States of America do well this year.

Over the years, I've written messages on Sherdog about Savarese. I always wondered what he could do or what he couldn't do in the Champions League. This year is when we will find out exactly what Savarese and Timbers can do or can't do in the Champions League.

xtramob, what do you think about the Champions League this year? Do you think that Timbers can go far this year?

Sexy, what do you think will happen in April? Are The Crew powerful enough to go far this year?

@xtramob

@Sexy

2019SCCLTeams

new-ccl-trophy.jpg

Before anyone on Sherdog says that the clubs in United States of America are WEAK AS HELL, I would like to remind everyone that every single club is brand-new (even the oldest ones).

For example, Atlanta United started in the year 2017.

Hopefully, the clubs in United States of America do well this year.

Over the years, I've written messages on Sherdog about Savarese. I always wondered what he could do or what he couldn't do in the Champions League. This year is when we will find out exactly what Savarese and Timbers can do or can't do in the Champions League.

xtramob, what do you think about the Champions League this year? Do you think that Timbers can go far this year?

Sexy, what do you think will happen in April? Are The Crew powerful enough to go far this year?

@xtramob

@Sexy
I think we're making it a priority but we will be starting the season with a new look back line and a bit of an aging squad so it will be interesting

i have no idea

So far, Union have done well against Saprissa. Is 2021 finally the year that Jim Curtin and Union show what they are capable of?

Also, Atlanta United managed to win 1-0 against Liga Deportiva Alajuelense. Furthermore, that match was in Costa Rica.

Real Estelí against Columbus Crew is on right now. The match is live and it's on Fox Sports 1.

Later on, Club Atlético Pantoja will be against Club Monterrey.

Most probably, this will be another thread where I write messages to myself.

Philadelphia Union meet Atlanta United in the Round of 8 in the Champions League.

Cruz Azul will clash against Toronto Football Club.

Club América will collide against Portland Timbers.

xtramob, what do you think about the series against Club América? Can Timbers repeat LA FC's performance from last year by eliminating Club América?

Or will Club América be too much for Timbers?

Considering the fact that I started this thread (and every other Champions League thread), I know that I should be neutral. However, I really want all of the clubs from United States of America to do well this year (and every other year).

Timbers are a club in United States of America. Therefore, I'm forced to root for them against Club América.

@xtramob

On April 15, 2021, Columbus Crew will meet Real Estelí for the second match in their series. The match is in United States of America and it will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1. The match starts at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Also, Club Monterrey will have their second match in their series against Club Atlético Pantoja. The match is in México and it will be live on Fox Sports 1. The match will being at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

An MLS team winning the cup is another step toward legitimizing MLS.
The last time an MLS team won the cup was over 20 years ago.

Columbus Crew 2-2 Club Monterrey

Obviously, Club Monterrey are happy with this draw (which gives them two away goals, no less). However, this series isn't over yet.

The only thing that the fans of Crew can do is hope that they do very well in the second match of the series.

Portland Timbers 1-1 Club América

Club América have the draw (with one away goal). Are they happy with that result? It seems like they should be.

As for Timbers, they have to remember that this series isn't over yet. They still have to visit México for the second match against Club América.

So far, Union are doing well against Atlanta United.

The second match in the series is in Union's home state (which is Pennsylvania).

Tomorrow, Union will meet Atlanta United for the second match in their series. The match is in Pennsylvania and it will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1. The match starts at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Also, Cruz Azul will have the second match in their series against Toronto Football Club. The match is in México and it will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1. The match starts at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

This Wednesday (which is May 5, 2021), Club Monterrey will be against Crew for the second match in their series. The match is in México and it will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 2. The match starts at 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Also, Club América will have the second match in their series against Timbers. The match is in México and it will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1. The match starts at 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

It seems like the clubs in México always dominate this tournament.

I almost want to call this thread "Liga México 2021 season." <45> :D :D :D :)

It looks like we have a real series here. Can Atlanta United make a gargantuan comeback against Union?

Union eliminated Atlanta United.

Congratulations, Philadelphia Union. You're in the Semifinals of the Champions League.

Cruz Azul eliminated Toronto Football Club.

Cruz Azul are in the Semifinals of the Champions League.

Today's matches are going to be epic (no matter what the results are).

Back