2021 Tour De France

Who takes it?

• Total voters
If Pogacar were to collapse at this point, this deep in the mountains…he COULD lose significant time. It just doesn’t seem possible

Highly doubt that Vingegaard nor Carapaz can make any time today against Pog.

Barring Vingegaard cracking tomorrow I think he has quite secure grip on #2. Now two grand tours this year and domestiques working for others likely taking the second place (Caruse at Giro)

Highly doubt that Vingegaard nor Carapaz can make any time today against Pog.
We’re about to find out. Imo Pogacar showed in the mountains yesterday he’s the best climber of the group. He looks like a monster right now….and UAE has been riding a very intelligent race imo

Kuss and Vingegard impressed the hell out of me this tour. If they’re back next year and Roglic is in the same form he was last year they’ll be a behemoth to deal with.

can’t stop, won’t stop. He is going to kill the tour for a lot of people for a long time.

CafeRoubaix (@CafeRoubaix) Tweeted:
Tadej Pogacar is the first rider in the last 86 years to win six Tour de France stages before the age of 23.

It’s just so dominant. We’ve seen guys who are really good at either mountains or time trails and decent at the other dominate tours before. Now Pogacar is showing that this year he was both the best climber, and the best time trialest. How do you even begin to attack a skill set like that?’makes me wonder what the tour would have looked like last year if he hadn’t had a crash that lost him time early on.

It’s just so dominant. We’ve seen guys who are really good at either mountains or time trails and decent at the other dominate tours before. Now Pogacar is showing that this year he was both the best climber, and the best time trialest. How do you even begin to attack a skill set like that?’makes me wonder what the tour would have looked like last year if he hadn’t had a crash that lost him time early on.

I keep referring to him as ‘the little freak’ to my friends. The guy is too good. I wish he would do a heel turn though.

I'll assume that Cav and Quickstep are going to take it easy tomorrow after hard days in the Pyrenees and give everything in Paris for that final win.

Kuss and Vingegard impressed the hell out of me this tour. If they’re back next year and Roglic is in the same form he was last year they’ll be a behemoth to deal with.

Yep, year of the domestique this is! Also nice to see that Ineos does not have a monopoly on these superdomestiques anymore.

I'll assume that Cav and Quickstep are going to take it easy tomorrow after hard days in the Pyrenees and give everything in Paris for that final win.

Yep, year of the domestique this is! Also nice to see that Ineos does not have a monopoly on these superdomestiques anymore.
Well. I’d argue they’ve even had some of the best performers in terms of work load in the mountains. The problem is their strategy was horrible. Throwing 7 guys up front only works if your guy is truly the best on the day…they tried the exact same things TJV tried last year against Pogacar and came up with worse results.

I’d say right now UAE, TJV and Ineos all have quite complete teams. UAE should only get better and better with all the money they must be bringing in.

UAE buses and rooms searched by local police for doping evidence. Hm, someone snitch or just witch hunt?

Patrick Galey #BlackLivesMatter (@patrickgaley) Tweeted:
Lovely to see Pierre Latour handed a newspaper by a soigneur over the top of the Tourmalet #TDF2021 https://t.co/upw1hu1qxj

Until newspapers stopped being a thing a few years ago it was still the best way to keep the chest warm without having to drag around a jacket for the rest of the ride.

Back