Tech 2023 - Game of the Year?

2023 - Game of the Year?

• Total voters
I eventually voted for Dead Space, although I knew I'd be of the very few that'd vote for it.

Dead Space is the damn-near-perfect survival horror experience, with few complaints that are near nit-picks.

With CP2077, would I give it GOTY because of the the 1.5 update 18 months ago? Or the Phantom Liberty expansion? Or the 2.0 update? Or numerous improvements that have been made for 3 years? So it'd be GOTY for what year?

And despite huge amounts of improvements, there's still some big complaints like the upgrade tree always seems to 'take two steps forward & one step back' with every update. Most missions don't offer any choice and with no serious consequences beyond increased payouts. And the NCPD missions are many, but make no sense when you realize they're drug deals.... dozens of them happening at the same time.... for days, weeks, & months... until you get around to stopping them.

So overall, I'm giving it to Dead Space by a razor-slim margin.

Baldurs Gate 3 and I don't think it's participarly close. Not that there haven't been amazing games this year but BG3 revolutionizes the CRPG genre.

It’s BG3 and it’s not close. The bar has been raised for that genre.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, was not put in the poll or voted for.

So I voted Starfield.

BG 3 and it's not close. Only game this year I'd give a 10/10.

I don't really agree with all the praise 2023 got for gaming. It had many good games but very few great ones. Most of the big names were disappointing to me. My #2 is probably Hi-Fi Rush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back