2024 doesnt look that great to start

The second Golden Age started in 2019 around the time of that first Colby vs. Usman fight. I think we just witnessed the end of a legendary era a few days ago.

I love to shit on Dana and UFC but it's ridiculous to criticise the best fights and fighters. The problem with the UFC is like the bottom 80 to 50% of the card that is usually fillled with low level fighters.

When you see a fight being entertaining and competive on the bottom card the overwhelming majority of the time not only it is not high level mma, it is not even like young prospects. Fights are decently matched and entertaining sometimes but if the fighter's suck that's like polishing a turd.

I would also love to see more high level fights and fighters just figthing more times a year but OP just shits on fights like Strickland vs DDP wich is champion vs number 1 contender in a new matchup that is super unpredictable. DDP and Topuria are indusputable n1 contenders, if you shit on those fights you probably like the sport for other reasons than fighting. Vera may not deserve it but you're still gonna get a champ facing like the 3rd most deserving guy in a more than likely entertaining standup fight.
agreed.

Topuria is a very very dangerous fighter and I think he COULD win that fight against Volka. Obviously after his recent loss Volka will be super motivated but Topuria can beat anyone on his day. Very interesting fight.

I do quite like du Plessis. He is not a complete fighter, that is true, he has limitations but the man has fire and spirit and heart and I am very happy that he is getting his title-shot against Strickland. Tired of Adesanya fights and excited for this new era at 185lbs. I'll be happy with either Strickland winning or Dricus winning.

Chito Vera is also a tough tough hombre and an entertaining guy. No easy fights with him as an opponent, plus he seems genuinely likeable.

299 is stacked though

Vera/o malley is irrelevant but whatever
Petr Yan/song yadong
Ian Garry/geoff neal
Jailton Almeida/curtis blaydes
Rda/gamrot
Burns / Jack Della
Banger card if it holds up

so far, DDP vs Sean is the most interesting fight given that it is almost a 50/50 battle and they just waxed two of the top 185ers from the last couple of years in Bobby Knuckles (DDP) and Izzy (Sean)

Volk vs Topuria is intriguing as hell. I can’t wait for that matchup.

strickland vs DDP is meh
Volk just lost
vera doesn't deserve a shot.

Wake me up when its UFC 300
You are going to be able to tell your grandkids that you watched the Top-Dog winning his first belt... Do you want to miss such a momentous affair?

UFC 300 will be ass. People should look at UFC 200 again........Jon failing drug test hurt it but overall card on paper wasnt that great.
yeah it was great. Just looked at it.

Mousasis vs santos, Dillashaw vs assuncao 2, Hendricks vs Gastelum, Pena vs zingano, miller vs gomi, Sanchez vs lauzon

all on the under card?

that's a pretty good card man. If the main card had the 3 title fights (Jones vs DC, Nunes vs Tate, Edgar vs aldo 2) with Brock vs Hunt and Cain vs Browne.....

that's a great card.

Last edited:
It's the same every year.

UFC is dying, obviously

Dricus vs DeSean and Volk vs Topuria are both interesting matchups.

DeSean's already gone full <{JustBleed}> mode

These matches look pretty good to me. 🤷‍♂️

strickland vs DDP is meh
Volk just lost
vera doesn't deserve a shot.

Wake me up when its UFC 300
We had TUF noobs and Conor noobs. What is the name for a 2021 noob? You're fucking insane.

Strickland vs DDP one of the best fights to happen in a long time. You want to see Robert Whittakker vs Jared Cannonier again or something?
I agree on Volk TBH I usually skip his boring fights, but he got close to GOAT status and any Volk fight is high level shit.
You do realize Vera beat O'Malley already, right 2021 noob?

Glass half empty eh?

I like the Strickland vs Du Plessis match up. Volk vs Topuria is also a very competitive fight on paper.

I think 2024 has some potential great fights in many of the divisions.
My glass is usually 2/3 or even 3/4 empty...

As long as that little bit in the bottom is a nice smooth delicious bourbon or scotch, I don't complain.

Quality>quantity

What did the UFC bang ur mom or something

Looking forward to DDP VS Strickland.

Curious to see how he will utilize the Diamondcutter on Sean.

Back