dead lift 315lbs.

What are your thoughts on this ?

Your thoughts sherdoggers on.
Being 180lbs 6ft tall.

Bench 315lbs
squat 315lbs
dead lift 315lbs.

I would say it seems like you've been neglecting legs for upper body for a long time if you're benching as much as you squat and pull. Your squat isn't terrible, but it's not great either. Your deadlift definitely needs to come up. So maybe focus your programming to bring those two lifts up? If you want to be a powerlifter, you definitely need to make squat and deadlift your bread and butter lifts. That's where you're really drive your total up the most.

I'm guessing 315 is your lucky number?

How the hell did you manage to make both the Squat and the Deadlift so weak... Twig leg syndrome? Only working the show muscles of the front upper body?<Varys01>

Haha i guess I set myself up lol
I tried to bench 315 for 1time but never could. Got up to 305 then injuries came.
I never messed with the deadlift until later in my life. Without training it I think I did like 335 once.
I used to squat 315lbs for 10 reps but stopped that long ago.

I turned more into an endurance guy doing my first iron man last year. This was due to BJJ and lifting injuries.

I was just saying is but the guy who put the calculator answers me well.

Haha i guess I set myself up lol
I tried to bench 315 for 1time but never could. Got up to 305 then injuries came.
I never messed with the deadlift until later in my life. Without training it I think I did like 335 once.
I used to squat 315lbs for 10 reps but stopped that long ago.

I turned more into an endurance guy doing my first iron man last year. This was due to BJJ and lifting injuries.

I was just saying is but the guy who put the calculator answers me well.

So

Ideally you would raise your lifts another 35 pounds so you can tell everyone you lift bout tree fiddy.

Your thoughts sherdoggers on.
Being 180lbs 6ft tall.

Bench 315lbs
squat 315lbs
dead lift 315lbs.

Don’t skip leg day lol.

Seriously tho that’s a real imbalance. To be fair it’s often a technique problem with these lifts; if you are doing Iron Man you must have strong legs and a good core. It may be worth spending the money to have a session with a PT purely to show correct squat and deadlift technique.

I really improved my squat especially through some single leg ancillary exercises (lunges, reverse lunges etc) and posture work.

If you are worried about injuries and have access to a trap bar they are great too.

Don’t skip leg day lol.

Seriously tho that’s a real imbalance. To be fair it’s often a technique problem with these lifts; if you are doing Iron Man you must have strong legs and a good core. It may be worth spending the money to have a session with a PT purely to show correct squat and deadlift technique.

I really improved my squat especially through some single leg ancillary exercises (lunges, reverse lunges etc) and posture work.

If you are worried about injuries and have access to a trap bar they are great too.
Trap bar is great. My Dl was far and away my best lift in the past so now Im thinking of switching to trap bar although they don't have the high handle ones at my gym which i was looking for.
Also i now only front squat or safety bar squat due to back squats being hard on the shoulders.
Also i think its good to alternate from swiss bar bench and regular bench

Trap bar is great. My Dl was far and away my best lift in the past so now Im thinking of switching to trap bar although they don't have the high handle ones at my gym which i was looking for.
Also i now only front squat or safety bar squat due to back squats being hard on the shoulders.
Also i think its good to alternate from swiss bar bench and regular bench
Yea DLs were my best lift but after I got back into serious training when I turned 30 I did a lot of research and decided that the risk/reward ratio just wasn’t worth it long term. Same with heavy back squats which like you I always found hurt my shoulders and rounded my back at the bottom. Every gym should have a trap bar and a safety bar tbh.

My new favourite is the trap bar reeves deadlift; really works the lats and traps (plus you can do it even if the trap bar doesn’t have high grips).

Back