3 week fight camp

right hand lead

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Haven’t done this in a while, and felt like doing this lol.

December 6th my fighter Patrik White (7-0) is fighting another undefeated fighter (4-0). My guy is a longer limbed striker and his opponent is a 5’8 wrestler/grappler. Obviously our gameplan is to keep it standing and score a KO

opponent
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/231279-tristyn-dehart

Last edited:
November 15th
2 rounds of shadowboxing to warmup

30 mins of drilling wearing the 6-8oz safety training mma gloves.
- Our focusing was on staying long behind straight punches while his partner would throw a big overhand, left hook, or look to shoot to clinch.

3x 7 min rounds on the thai pads
- incorporating sprawls and every once in a while during the round shooting for a takedown and having Patrik stuff it

finished the day with 50 pushups and 50 pullups

November 17th
Sundays are usually our most chill team practice where we usually get lots of rounds sparring with the safety gloves and shin pads on. Super light and technical

I gave they boys 15 mins to warmup however they liked

Sparring partners were Carlton Minus (9-1) Niall Atkinson (6-0) and David Booker (5-5)

First round was a 15 min round with a fresh guy every 3 mins

Second round was a 9 min round, same thing switching partners every 3 mins.

Patrik’s cardio is already on point I feel. He’s looking good in sparring and seems already ready to go

November 19th
Gi jiu jitsu class

November 19th
Nogi jiu jitsu followed by 4x 5 min sparring at legacy jiu jitsu. (16oz gloves n shin pads)

This days sparring we got to go with 4 different guys but all guys his opponents actually size, short and stocky guys. Got lots of good feedback from his sparring partners on what to work on next hard spar day.

Last edited:
November 21st
HARD spar day
This was rough, def the last super hard spar. Full kickboxing 16oz gloves and shinpads. (6x 6 min rounds) Room full of killers today

November 22nd
2 rounds shadowboxing
About 25-30 mins of situational spars/drills with Carlton Minus (returning kicks and framing)
Row machine/padwork circuit
200 reps of abs

Worked alot on blocking kicks and right away returning with punches. It was something I feel had to be worked after the hard sparring the night before.

I believe sparringg and general work should be timed on 5 minutes, since the fight is 5 min's per round. My 2 cents

November 24th
Half mile jog warmup
1 round of shadowboxing
Situational spars: with safety mma gloves
Round 1 - pat Only jabbing
Round 2 - pat only using right hands
Round 3 - only straight punches
Round 4 - Regular Spar
Round 5 - Regular spar

Maintaining proper distance is what we focused on today

Circuit: 3 rounds
Quarter mile run
15 box jumps
15 med ball slams

Yeah I’m sure most people do that, I like to be different sometimes I guess
Do you like to share different ideas or is this just a diktakt on how to prepare fighters in the best way?
If so, I understand why nobody if not me is replying to your thread.

Do you like to share different ideas or is this just a diktakt on how to prepare fighters in the best way?
If so, I understand why nobody if not me is replying to your thread.

diktakt? Not sure what that means or if thats a typo. But I do like to share ideas! Still learning and growing as a coach, I’ve gotten guys to the big shows but im still looking for my first W on a big show lol

Pat no showed practice last night.... was supposed to be no gi jits followed by 4-5 rounds of sparring with 16ozs and shin pads. He really picked a bad day to skip (took a nap and never woke up).

its a familiar scenario ive been hearing from other coaches and not just in my state. These young men lack discipline. Pat is an undefeated 7-0 prospect with 7 KOs fighting another undefeated cat who is 4-0 and I KNOW has been training bis butt off to fight Pat

November 27th

warmup
1 round of jump rope
1 round of shadowboxing

circuits done with fight gloves on

circuit 1: 3 rounds
1 min box jumps
1 min on row machine
30 seconds battle rope
1 min body kicks on thai pads
1 min on mitts
1 min plank

circuit 2: 3 rounds
Quarter mile run @ 10pmh
90 seconds on mitts
90 seconds body kicks on thai pads
(Mittowrk was done with me and thai pads with his muay thai coach)

6 rounds total
Finished with another 5 min round on the jump rope

Pats cardio is through the roof. Still upset he missed jits and sparring last night

November 28th
Jogs around the gym jumping jacks and shadowboxing to warmup

Pats bodies for this workout are Pro fighters Jesse Hull and Carlton Minus. Jesse Hull is a 5’8 brute of a man (bigger better version of his opponent imo)

Round 1: working up to the feet from bad positions. Everytime Pat gets up put him right back down in another bad spot

Round 2: cage work, escaping clinch and takedowns of the cage

Round 3: mitt work

Round 4: repeat of round 1

Round 5 repeat of round 2

HAPPY THANKSGIVING IF ANYBODY READING THIS HAHA

Last edited:
November 29th
1 round jump rope
1 round shadowboxing
4 rounds on thai pads
1 mile run
50 pushups and 50 pullups

What's your rational behind sparring and circuit round times?

What's your rational behind sparring and circuit round times?
As far as the circuit training times, they are a bit random usually, but i try to make the round times around 5 minutes. As far as the sparring goes, if i take my guys to another gym we go by their rules/guidelines. As far as the days where the rounds are long, those spar sessions are super light and my guys dont even get tired at all. Ive had much success with those spar days! (I think i might have stole the idea from Floyd Mayweather lol)

the days i dont post the round times are 5 min rounds

5 days out!!

December 1st
(Pat was late so we had to hurry the warmup)
1 round of jump rope
Drilling
Round 1 - 1 for 1 strikes to takedowns
Round 2 - returning/countering kicks
Round 3 - 1 for 1 2-4 strike combos

Tech spars with safety gloves
3 rounds - super light, fight simulation working our gameplan of keeping it on the feet and maintaining distance.

finished the session with some planks

Back