• Yokozuna

• Bam Bam Bigelow

• Lex Luger

• Tatanka

• Scott Steiner

• Rick Steiner

• Doink the Clown

Results are only viewable after voting.
I forgot Flair was on the 93 roster for less than a month so I shouldn't have counted him......oh well

<20>

1st vote for Doink!!!

Always liked the gimicks, Doink, the missing link, moon dogs

1. Yokozuna
2. Mr. Perfect
3. Bret Hart
4. Razor Ramon

Hulk
Taker
Randy
Doink (who I'd switch with Crush, but he's not on the list)

Last edited:
1. Doink the Clown
2. Rick Steiner
3. IRS
4. Scott Steiner

I dislike Crush with a passion. Terrible wrestler. He had size and that was it.
Looked good, cut clumsy but good promos, had a fun character, an awesome rival and even more awesome entrance theme.

Not sure what to dislike, much less with passion.

Looked good, cut clumsy but good promos, had a fun character, an awesome rival and even more awesome entrance theme.

Not sure what to dislike, much less with passion.

He was a terrible wrestler. He had the look but that was it imo his promos were nothing special.

He was a terrible wrestler. He had the look but that was it imo his promos were nothing special.
Well, considering the talent from the past 15 years, his mic skills are perfectly fine for me.

Him not trying to laugh after saying his grandfather was also a clown is still an uplifting moment for me I like to revisit.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "bad wrestler" when I just mentioned so many good things about him. Or do you mean like technical work rate and moves?

Well, considering the talent from the past 15 years, his mic skills are perfectly fine for me.

Him not trying to laugh after saying his grandfather was also a clown is still an uplifting moment for me I like to revisit.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "bad wrestler" when I just mentioned so many good things about him. Or do you mean like technical work rate and moves?

I like great wrestlers like HBK, Angle, Bret, Benoit ect when I watch matches with Crush you can tell wrestling is fake the way he performs. Where as with the 4 I mentioned you can't.

He moved well for a guy his size, I give him that but he was mediocre in the ring imo

I like great wrestlers like HBK, Angle, Bret, Benoit ect when I watch matches with Crush you can tell wrestling is fake the way he performs. Where as with the 4 I mentioned you can't.

He moved well for a guy his size, I give him that but he was mediocre in the ring imo

Were you down with Kronik?

Fair enough. I'm more of a story/character guy and, as a character, he had a lot going for him, even his own hand gesture symbol. Pro wrestling fights all look fake to me, so it's not what I prioritize and anything longer than 5 minutes starts to become boring. Though it is cool if it comes off kinda legit, like Vader's punches.

My main thing in the ring is, I guess, what you'd call psychology, selling consequences to actions. Like here, HBK getting sent out of the ring after smashing into Crush:

That's exactly what would happen if a small guy like Michaels smashed into a giant Hawaiian. That said, I realize in my own example it's Shawn who's doing the great work. I guess I just feel compelled to go bat for Crush cause I think he's underrated and doesn't deserve to be disliked with passion.

Fair enough. I'm more of a story/character guy and, as a character, he had a lot going for him, even his own hand gesture symbol. Pro wrestling fights all look fake to me, so it's not what I prioritize and anything longer than 5 minutes starts to become boring. Though it is cool if it comes off kinda legit, like Vader's punches.

My main thing in the ring is, I guess, what you'd call psychology, selling consequences to actions. Like here, HBK getting sent out of the ring after smashing into Crush:

That's exactly what would happen if a small guy like Michaels smashed into a giant Hawaiian. That said, I realize in my own example it's Shawn who's doing the great work. I guess I just feel compelled to go bat for Crush cause I think he's underrated and doesn't deserve to be disliked with passion.

I guess disliked with a passion is the wrong term to use. He was very athletic and agile for a guy his size. I have been re watching the 90s Raw episodes and I'm in the 93/94 era and the matches I've watched from Crush have been truly awful. So that's where my opinion right now lies. Both of his finishing moves, the heart punch and where he squeezes and crushes your head are pretty bad as well.

I think his best gimmick was the biker one.

Were you down with Kronik?

Nah terrible tag team. Pretty sure they're the ones that had the awful tag match in the cage against Taker/Kane.

I guess disliked with a passion is the wrong term to use. He was very athletic and agile for a guy his size. I have been re watching the 90s Raw episodes and I'm in the 93/94 era and the matches I've watched from Crush have been truly awful. So that's where my opinion right now lies. Both of his finishing moves, the heart punch and where he squeezes and crushes your head are pretty bad as well.

I think his best gimmick was the biker one.

Nah terrible tag team. Pretty sure they're the ones that had the awful tag match in the cage against Taker/Kane.
I'm kinda going ass backwards right now. Started with 1997, worked up to 2000, then went back to 1996 (October 14th 1996 show, currently). Goal is to rewatch all of the 90s, so let's put a pin in this conversation. I'll refresh on Crush years and consider your take.

I'm kinda going ass backwards right now. Started with 1997, worked up to 2000, then went back to 1996 (October 14th 1996 show, currently). Goal is to rewatch all of the 90s, so let's put a pin in this conversation. I'll refresh on Crush years and consider your take.

I've watched 97 at least a dozen times. Best year for raw imo

WCWs best was in 96 which I'm currently on.

I've watched 97 at least a dozen times. Best year for raw imo.
Hmmm, interesting you should say that. I wanted to plow 97 onwards and see how far I'll go into modern era. But even in 2000 something was missing. And, yeah, I'm only now thinking that it's a feeling that was there in 97 and lingered throughout the 90s, but not after. I guess I'm chasing a 97 high or something. 1997 je ne sais quoi, lol.

Back