• Yokozuna

• Bam Bam Bigelow

• Lex Luger

• Tatanka

• Scott Steiner

• Rick Steiner

• Doink the Clown

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmmm, interesting you should say that. I wanted to plow 97 onwards and see how far I'll go into modern era. But even in 2000 something was missing. And, yeah, I'm only now thinking that it's a feeling that was there in 97 and lingered throughout the 90s, but not after. I guess I'm chasing a 97 high or something. 1997 je ne sais quoi, lol.

97 was basically the year wrestling got real.

Bret started the attitude era off with losing his mind cursing out everyone for screwing him, he was also the first to assault Vince.

Austins rise to stardom started and it was set in stone after WM 13 and then with run ins with Vince.

HBK was at his best in the ring and with his politics backstage.

The Rock started forming into the icon we see today.

I always thought of Undertaker as the only guy who was unbeatable in the WWF and the only way he did lose was by screwy finishes.

Debut of Kane who was used throughout 97 as an unbeatable Michael Meyers monster destroying every superstar in sight.

Hart Foundation vs Austin
Hart foundation vs DX

Ken Shamrock joined along with Dan Severn

And then the screwjob. If I could change 1 thing it would have been to push Owen to the belt after the screw job. Owen should have beaten HBK for the belt and then dropped it back to him at the Rumble instead of HBK starting another feud with Taker. Owen was white hot when he was coming in from the crowd attacking DX.

But instead he wrestled against HHH and then got buried, was put in NOD and then buried again until his death.

at the time my favs were Taker,Shawn,Bret and Flair.

97 was basically the year wrestling got real.

Bret started the attitude era off with losing his mind cursing out everyone for screwing him, he was also the first to assault Vince.

Austins rise to stardom started and it was set in stone after WM 13 and then with run ins with Vince.

HBK was at his best in the ring and with his politics backstage.

The Rock started forming into the icon we see today.

I always thought of Undertaker as the only guy who was unbeatable in the WWF and the only way he did lose was by screwy finishes.

Debut of Kane who was used throughout 97 as an unbeatable Michael Meyers monster destroying every superstar in sight.

Hart Foundation vs Austin
Hart foundation vs DX

Ken Shamrock joined along with Dan Severn

And then the screwjob. If I could change 1 thing it would have been to push Owen to the belt after the screw job. Owen should have beaten HBK for the belt and then dropped it back to him at the Rumble instead of HBK starting another feud with Taker. Owen was white hot when he was coming in from the crowd attacking DX.

But instead he wrestled against HHH and then got buried, was put in NOD and then buried again until his death.
97 was an amazing yr for wrestling. Not only in WWE,but everywhere. Everything was RED HOT

ECW at its best was '96 - '98

After that they tried too hard to be a real company. They were better staying like they were in '96 - '98. Perfect Formula. Obviously it sucks when their guys get poached by the big 2 but ECW was never gonna be as big as WCW or WWF,it was never meant to be like that.

He was a terrible wrestler. He had the look but that was it imo his promos were nothing special.
I dont remember him being terrible,and that spinning backbreaker move was pretty sick.

I liked him,wanted to watch him,they just never really gave him much to do.

Apparently Macho man and him were good friends which is why Macho and him did a feud together. Savage left shortly after that concluded at WM X. That mini feud was probably the best it ever got for him.

Back