80 year old man marries 12 year old girl

Well, when I researched this topic the most messed up cases came from one particular ideology. There's a handly little chart on wiki under the marriagable age that doesn't mention marriage rules for Hindus, so I'm receptive to read any sources you care to provide.

There are over 26 million child brides in India a Hindu majority country. My source is in this thread.

http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/about-child-marriage/

some units in the ANA had official young male concubines to service them, and I'm not joking......

you can't cover up every women in sight and expect the guys to act normal. That's now how reality works
edit: when i say young i don't mean 19, i mean 13 tops

No, you're a sick fuck

@glennrod Is correct

hi Logical Insanity,

i'm sure you and Mr. Glennrod have been doing your part, angrily denouncing the state legislatures of Alabama and Mississippi for their laws permitting child brides.

i'm eager to follow your efforts on the matter, and hope you post about them soon.

respectfully,

- IGIT

There are over 26 million child brides in India a Hindu majority country. My source is in this thread.

http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/about-child-marriage/
Oh yes. I looked at that. The criteria is under 18. No other clarification or criteria cited.

26 million 17 year old child brides are less egregious than 26 10 year old brides. Why? Because in every country on this planet a person can get married at 17 with parental consent, whereas 9 years of age or puberty are allowed under Islam only. 17 year olds can drive in the majority of countries. Some places they can serve in the military. Own property. Can be legally accountable for their actions. Can go to adult jails. Can do many things both legally, and physically that a person who has just reached puberty can not.

Without clear breakdown of statistics that source is next to useless.

to the sickening apologists posting in here (i hope you're trolling)....

care to find numerous examples of 16 year olds in the US marrying EIGHTY YEAR OLDS, likely AGAINST THEIR WILL?

no you don't, b/c that's not legal in the US.....

nexxxxxxxtttttttttttt

care to find numerous examples of 16 year olds in the US marrying EIGHTY YEAR OLDS, likely AGAINST THEIR WILL?

nexxxxxxxtttttttttttt

Using a false equivalence is a favorite tactic of the apologists, and it's transparent enough that it's not worth addressing. It's not like someone who compares Alabama to the Islamic world is going to give you an honest dialogue. They don't even bother to address the fact that the followers of Muhammad are just following his perverted example and that Islam itself plays a large role in these crimes.

nexxxxxxxtttttttttttt

hi and good afternoon, HunterSdVa29,

why do i have to find numerous examples?

in fact, why do i have to find any examples at all?

according to state law in Kansas, a child can be as young as 12 and married off to some guy....as long as the parents consent to it. that's the law. the same in true in many states, with some variation. in Oklahoma child brides are permitted also, as long as the county judge is ok with it.

are you saying that the law in many US states are marginally less worse than these savages who follow the Islamic faith in faraway nations?

if so, i find that a very thin reed to cling to, morally.

- IGIT

Oh yes. I looked at that. The criteria is under 18. No other clarification or criteria cited.

26 million 17 year old child brides are less egregious than 26 10 year old brides. Why? Because in every country on this planet a person can get married at 17 with parental consent, whereas 9 years of age or puberty are allowed under Islam only. 17 year olds can drive in the majority of countries. Some places they can serve in the military. Own property. Can be legally accountable for their actions. Can go to adult jails. Can do many things both legally, and physically that a person who has just reached puberty can not.

Without clear breakdown of statistics that source is next to useless.

15% of them are under 15.

15% of 26 million. The site provides a breakdown when you click on the nation.

I haven't found any other nation on that site listed with as high of an under 15 marriage rate.

Most of the countries are hovering around 2-3% for under 15 marriages.

according to state law in Kansas, a child can be as young as 12 and married off to some guy....as long as the parents consent to it. that's the law. the same in true in many states, with some variation. in Oklahoma child brides are permitted also, as long as the county judge is ok with it.

are you saying that the law in many US states are marginally less worse than these savages who follow the Islamic faith in faraway nations?

- IGIT
you're also negating statutory rape laws, which clearly come into play until a marriage is official. Since we don't do arranged marriages in the first world, how exactly is this mythical marriage even going to formulate?

It's not

you're also acting like it's routine in our society for parents to marry off 12 year olds, i've literally never heard of that once in modern times. I saw it routinely in Djibouti and Afghanistan and various other places. In the 2010s...

15% of them are under 15.

15% of 26 million. The site provides a breakdown when you click on the nation.

I haven't found any other nation on that site listed with as high of an under 15 marriage rate.

Most of the countries are hovering around 2-3% for under 15 marriages.
Cool. Thanks. I bookmarked the site and will take a closer look at some point.

Cool. Thanks. I bookmarked the site and will take a closer look at some point.

Also I lied, there are other nations with similar under 15 marriage rates.

But they all have one thing in common, and it's not religion.

It's extreme poverty.

hi Logical Insanity,

i'm sure you and Mr. Glennrod have been doing your part, angrily denouncing the state legislatures of Alabama and Mississippi for their laws permitting child brides.

i'm eager to follow your efforts on the matter, and hope you post about them soon.

respectfully,

- IGIT

Hi dip$hit.

It wouldn't surprise me if you find pleasure in ja*king off to pictures of underage children.

Hope to God you don't have children.

Go fu*k yourself

Also I lied, there are other nations with similar under 15 marriage rates.

But they all have one thing in common, and it's not religion.

It's extreme poverty.
I can't argue against poverty having backwards effects on a population. That's been proven time and again throughout history.

Still, 9 years old and puberty as the threshold for marriage? That's up there with the worst shit I've ever heard of. And that spans the richest to the poorest countries on the planet along one ideological line.

I can't argue against poverty having backwards effects on a population. That's been proven time and again throughout history.

Still, 9 years old and puberty as the threshold for marriage? That's up there with the worst shit I've ever heard of. And that spans the richest to the poorest countries on the planet along one ideological line.

That has been the way of the world forever.

If you got your period someone would try to fuck you and your parents would try to sell you for dowry.

This practice has really only started to change in the 20th century.

Everyone loves Game of Thrones.. but in the books Sansa was a 11.

'afternoon HunterSdVa29,

you're also negating statutory rape laws, which clearly come into play until a marriage is official. Since we don't do arranged marriages in the first world, how exactly is this mythical marriage even going to formulate?

It's not

i'm not negating anything. i'm merely citing the laws of consent in these states. they are what they are.

in Oklahoma, if one is already pregnant, a girl under sixteen can be married off as long as the parents and courts are ok with it. in Alabama, you could be a sophomore in High School, sixteen, and get married.

you're also acting like it's routine in our society for parents to marry off 12 year olds, i've literally never heard of that once in modern times. I saw it routinely in Djibouti and Afghanistan and various other places. In the 2010s...

i haven't used the word routine at all, Hunter. i'm merely saying its legal.

as to the OP, the idea of having these children being married off isn't something i'm comfortable with. it seems kind of medieval to me...then again, many of the laws and customs regarding how women are regarded in these countries seem bizarre.

i'm kind of with former Republican Chuck Hagel on this issue. when asked about child brides in Saudi Arabia, he said, "We cannot decide for other countries what is appropriate or not".

as to this thread, i find it strange that outside of one poster, no one seems very perturbed that its legal to marry off very young girls in the United States and prefer to focus their wrath on other countries (and weirdly enough, myself - all i'm doing is pointing out the obvious selectivity of their outrage).

- IGIT

That has been the way of the world forever.

If you got your period someone would try to fuck you and your parents would try to sell you for dowry.

This practice has really only started to change in the 20th century.
Good thing we're living in the 21st century. At least here in the west.

And just as a parting shot before I quit beating this particular dead horse - The percentage of Indias population that follows Islam? Almost 15%, adding up to about 180 million people.

Good thing we're living in the 21st century. At least here in the west.

And just as a parting shot before I quit beating this particular dead horse - The percentage of Indias population that follows Islam? Almost 15%, adding up to about 180 million people.

I don't think it's unlikely that Muslims in India participate in this practice because Muslims in India are treated like shit and are some of the poorest people on earth quite literally.

And that brings me back to the point.

We're an advanced culture living in the society judging people that haven't quite gotten there yet and don't have the means to if they wanted to.

If we seriously want to get outraged over these kind of practices we need to get more serious in tackling global poverty.

I don't think it's unlikely that Muslims in India participate in this practice because Muslims in India are treated like shit and are some of the poorest people on earth quite literally.

And that brings me back to the point.

We're an advanced culture living in the society judging people that haven't quite gotten there yet and don't have the means to if they wanted to.

If we seriously want to get outraged over these kind of practices we need to get more serious in tackling global poverty.
It really was just a jab, and not a serious point if contention. More friendly than adversarial.

Except for our differing perspective, I'm not going to disagree with the rest of your post. You say we're advanced, I say they're stagnant.

I gotta run for a bit. We'll butt heads later.

- IGIT
Thats a misleading post.

Those laws in Oklahoma are from the beginning of the 20th century, when it actually mattered if young girls were not married and pregnant. Today we put them on TV. You won't find examples of any judges allowing 80 year old men to marry 12 year old girls. Today it would only be used in the instance of two teenagers wanting to marry.

Thats the point. Our society has moved beyond sanctioned pedophilia. I don't carry about India and Hindus and what they do. We don't allow it in the civilized world.

'afternoon HunterSdVa29,

i'm not negating anything. i'm merely citing the laws of consent in these states. they are what they are.

in Oklahoma, if one is already pregnant, a girl under sixteen can be married off as long as the parents and courts are ok with it. in Alabama, you could be a sophomore in High School, sixteen, and get married.

i haven't used the word routine at all, Hunter. i'm merely saying its legal.

as to the OP, the idea of having these children being married off isn't something i'm comfortable with. it seems kind of medieval to me...then again, many of the laws and customs regarding how women are regarded in these countries seem bizarre.

i'm kind of with former Republican Chuck Hagel on this issue. when asked about child brides in Saudi Arabia, he said, "We cannot decide for other countries what is appropriate or not".

as to this thread, i find it strange that outside of one poster, no one seems very perturbed that its legal to marry off very young girls in the United States and prefer to focus their wrath on other countries (and weirdly enough, myself - all i'm doing is pointing out the obvious selectivity of their outrage).

- IGIT
Nobody is perturbed bc it doesnt happen in the US, legal or not. Its not socially acceptable

In converse, its a pervasive and acceptable part of Islamic society.

Beyond a false equivalency

Back