80 year old man marries 12 year old girl

2dt6vs1.jpg

It's great that you can point to such recent progress in western democracies. Meanwhile in Muslim countries...

1960's Iran
iranian-women-fashion-1970-before-islamic-revolution-iran-28.jpg

Iran today
teaser_iran.jpg
You're aware that in 1960 Iran was under the control of the USA-installed Shah who advocated our Western values, right? This is ultimately the the "evil Western influence" that Ayatollah Khamenei cast off under the Islamic Revolution. The prime underlying influence that resulted in us losing control of Iran was the corruption and oil shenanigans we were allowing and abetting, there, but the promotion of modern, civilized western values under the Shah, as pictured above, with the sweet titties on display, was eagerly exploited by Khamenei as fuel to rile up the ignorant Muslims and their primitive Islamic values so that they would rebel, and ultimately assault our embassy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Reza_Pahlavi
If you want to hand out history lessons you might take the time to actually know the history. But what do I know? I'm just a stupid American with stupid American values like freedom and Democracy.

just_sayin.jpg

You're aware that in 1960 Iran was under the control of the USA-installed Shah who advocated our Western values, right? This is ultimately the the "evil Western influence" that Ayatollah Khamenei cast off under the Islamic Revolution. The prime underlying influence that resulted in us losing control of Iran was the corruption and oil shenanigans we were allowing and abetting, there, but the promotion of modern, civilized western values under the Shah, as pictured above, with the sweet titties on display, was eagerly exploited by Khamenei as fuel to rile up the ignorant Muslims and their primitive Islamic values so that they would rebel, and ultimately assault our embassy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Reza_Pahlavi
If you want to hand out history lessons you might take the time to actually know the history. But what do I know? I'm just a stupid American with stupid American values like freedom and Democracy.

just_sayin.jpg

Phew! You're a weird dude. Very erratic. Anyway as I already said, the Iran pictures were posted to refute the notion that progress is a one way street. Sometimes the directions shift. This is not a controversial statement. Your self-congratulatory lesson (which everyone on the forum has read a hundred times BTW) actually confirms this.

And with your posts rooted in depravity, this would not come as a shock to me.

Good job ignoring the actual point I'm trying to make here and focusing on the negative.

Because that's all you can do. Point the finger and ignore the problem.

Good job ignoring the actual point I'm trying to make here and focusing on the negative.

I'm identifying the problem and you're making excuses for it.

Similar to how you justify acts of terrorism

hiya and good morning Rational Poster,

thanks for your posts.

this isn't a topic i knew much about. i was hazily aware it happened in countries far, far away...and i had a vague idea that child brides were legally permissible here in the states - but that's about it.

i was reading this site today, http://www.cfr.org/peace-conflict-and-human-rights/child-marriage/p32096#!/?cid=otr_marketing_use-child_marriage_Infoguide#!/, something i don't think i'd have been curious enough to do before you'd made your arguments.

generally, yeah, i'd have to agree that socio-economic conditions are the main drivers of this unfortunate phenomenon.

- IGIT

hiya and good morning Rational Poster,

thanks for your posts.

this isn't a topic i knew much about. i was hazily aware it happened in countries far, far away...and i had a vague idea that child brides were legally permissible here in the states - but that's about it.

i was reading this site today, http://www.cfr.org/peace-conflict-and-human-rights/child-marriage/p32096#!/?cid=otr_marketing_use-child_marriage_Infoguide#!/, something i don't think i'd have been curious enough to do before you'd made your arguments.

generally, yeah, i'd have to agree that socio-economic conditions are the main drivers of this unfortunate phenomenon.

- IGIT

From your source,

Some Muslims who follow a conservative interpretation of sharia argue that Islam permits child marriage as the Quran specifies that girls can be married upon reaching maturity, which conservative scholars define as puberty. However, there is debate within Islam about at what age a girl reaches maturity. Many Muslim communities and Islamic scholars agree with the internationally recognized age of maturity, eighteen. Moreover, many Muslims argue against child marriage because Islam mandates that men and women should choose their partners freely, and children are unable to do so.

From your source,

Some Muslims who follow a conservative interpretation of sharia argue that Islam permits child marriage as the Quran specifies that girls can be married upon reaching maturity, which conservative scholars define as puberty. However, there is debate within Islam about at what age a girl reaches maturity. Many Muslim communities and Islamic scholars agree with the internationally recognized age of maturity, eighteen. Moreover, many Muslims argue against child marriage because Islam mandates that men and women should choose their partners freely, and children are unable to do so.

hio RT,

yep.

and also, as i think you've noted, most of these marriages occur in India, where the dominant religion isn't even, as the TS put it, "Moslem"...its Hindu.

- IGIT

hio RT,

yep.

and also, as i think you've noted, most of these marriages occur in India, where the dominant religion isn't even, as the TS put it, "Moslems"...its Hindu.

- IGIT

I don't think Muslims in India refrain from the practice, they're some of the poorest and mistreated groups in the entire world.

But I'm certain there are Hindus, Christians, Orthodox Christians, and Muslims carrying this out all over the world.

If you look closely you'll see even in our backyard of South America, this practice still occurs.

I don't think Muslims in India refrain from the practice, they're some of the poorest and mistreated groups in the entire world.

But I'm certain there are Hindus, Christians, Orthodox Christians, and Muslims carrying this out all over the world.

If you look closely you'll see even in our backyard of South America, this practice still occurs.

hi once more (and for the final time, i think, in this thread),

yep, yep, and yep.

i'm going to back out of this thread....any attempt to discuss or understand this phenomenon coherently, apparently, results in being labeled a pedophile.

i now return you to the regularly scheduled broadcasting, we apologize for this delay.

the rest of you can resume bashing Muslims, have at it.

- IGIT

Last edited:
Back