80's Best Pop Groups

80's Best Pop Artists?

• Total voters
DM and it's not even close but you've let out a ton of good pop groups.

Bananarama
Roxette
Go Go's
The Bangles

Hi great grandpa
Watch it young man, i can do magic with my cane !!
Almost reaching mid 30s, i just feel i was a dumbass for not having taking full advantage of the 80s&90s ... what a time to be alive!
Besides the good and bad memories, all that remains is the lesson...
Cheers

Watch it young man, i can do magic with my cane !!
Almost reaching mid 30s, i just feel i was a dumbass for not having taking full advantage of the 80s&90s ... what a time to be alive!
Besides the good and bad memories, all that remains is the lesson...
Cheers
OK gramps <{1-7}>

Your poll sucks....You left off so many great bands.

Guns and Roses
Van Halen
U2
Journey

I can't pick one. But I might give it to tears for fears as I don't get tired listening to their songs on repeat. But a flock of seagulls one finger of doom synth playing is awesome too. On the strength of one song alone, I might give it to a-ha. Most catchiest intro and goat music video even by today's standards.

Genesis and Duran Duran on a completely different level than most of these acts. I can see acts like U2 or Bon Job I left out because of later successes but The Police need to be in there as "80s band."

Viable arguments for 1/4th the list. I would add Talk Talk and make the point that for several of those groups, the 80s pop era was their worst. Talk Talk goes on to put out 2 incredible albums and 1 GOAT contender after their pop run.

The Cars, Dire Straits, and Men at Work are the only bands I like on that list. I was more about the metal in the 80's.

Among them DD and Depeche Mode made the 80s

I remember the 80's to be the best decade for pop music. The poll consists of groups that made an impact during that time period. Sorry if your favorite artists didn't make the poll.

8314353234_2857b33c03_b.jpg

There's obviously quite a view missing from the list. I voted Genesis, but The Outfield comes to mind.

Back