80's Revival: Synthwave/Vapor/Future/Chillwave/Retro-Electro/Outrun/Etc.

Excellent thread... finally I can give free reign to my passion for italo & cosmic synthie music.

Here are some of my favs:

Loved all that European Post Disco Pre Hose stuff from late 1970s to late 1980s alongside the New Romantic stuff and the American Electro, Bass, Chicago and Detroit stuff in the 1980s.

anybody have some synthwave or 80's style remixes of popular songs that are really good?
i'm on youtube trying to find some but so far am unimpressed and have only liked this one x:

Carpenter Brut has videos for the rest of the songs in Leather Teeth album. If you can find them somehow from his channel. I think he ran into censorship issues with youtube.

Since his videos are made from 80's schlock movies, they are NSFW

Someone made an uncensored compilation of all of them. Even more NSFW

The guy who made the compilation says this in the comments:
I managed to download all of the videos when they were first uploaded, so yeah I still have the original Hairspray Hurricane.
Sounds like youtube cracked down on him.

This mix is the tits.

<5>

Last edited:
This Starcadian track is on repeat and now in permanent rotation.

anybody have some synthwave or 80's style remixes of popular songs that are really good?
i'm on youtube trying to find some but so far am unimpressed and have only liked this one x:

This counts..

I listen to a lot of Synthwave. I actually dislike a lot of it- the boring, elevator-music stuff like Robert Parker, a lot of Mitch Murder, etc. But there's also a ton of great stuff too.

Starcop's two new songs are fantastic, check 'em out!

Wow, how did I miss this album? I didn't know Mega Drive had 2 come out in 2017.

This shit is badass.

I've always loved the synth effects from 80s horror movies, like fucking loved them.

But funny enough, it wasn't until a few years ago when I played the game Mother Russia Bleeds that I found out about this movement. The soundtrack was so damn dark and synthy. I had to look into it.

It's so badass. I am a total basshead too. I have a JL 12in Woofer in my car and in my home theater I have two SVS 12in sealed subs. Let's just say this type of music fucking cranks when I play it.

Lately I've listening to a lot of GOST.

I also thought this track was particularly inspiring.

Last edited:
I've always loved the synth effects from 80s horror movies, like fucking loved them.

But funny enough, it wasn't until a few years ago when I played the game Mother Russia Bleeds that I found out about this movement. The soundtrack was so damn dark and synthy. I had to look into it.

It's so badass. I am a total basshead too. I have a JL 12in Woofer in my car and in my home theater I have two SVS 12in sealed subs. Let's just say this type of music fucking cranks when I play it.

Lately I've listening to a lot of GOST.

I also thought this track was particularly inspiring.

I'm all about GosT feat Hayley Stewart

has this been posted yet? my new favorite song

Back