Crime 88 year old Chuck Grassley running for re-election

Yeah man, you have it all figured it out. He just legitimately wants to run again at 88 years of age. Nothing like work at 90.

There are some people who like to work ey

There are multi billionaires who work every single day till the day they die lol

You can't just every person from your limited world view

That is the current Republican party for you. They are happy to run out old white guys every election. They will hang on until the bitter end

Surprise anal, lol.

In regards to the OP, while we don't agree on a lot in general I gotta say, I wish there were term and age limits for ALL politicians, in every country in the world.

I think for age 65 would be a good start, and adjust from there. I don't think 74 year old Trump or 78 year old Biden are "our country's best".

For term limits, well I'm open to ideas, but I would say if the President is held to a maximum of 8 years, the Senate and House should be about the same, though I'd be open to 10 years.

I think it would cut down a lot on partisanship and corruption and improve politics greatly for the citizens.

Old entrenched mafia like power in politics is the same as the underworld. These old people would be enjoying retirement but instead are forced to live out their contracts. If you actually believe an 88 year old man loaded with money wants to keep working on the public eye you are as naive as they come. These people are prisoners.
I can't think of any good rebuttal to this, surprisingly, but it doesn't render the OP
While I wish the media would grill these dinosaurs on this topic, because there's just no way for an 88 year old man that's been a politician for decades to really be able to understand the needs of the people. It's highly, highly fucking unlikely, because it's not like these people are actually doing a lot of work within their communities.
Reporters should be asking them why they don't step down, and why they don't make room for new leadership.

That being said, we have a democracy. It's on the voters. I don't see how we can really complain about people that we voted in.
I think the point of the OP was to complain about the people who voted in this arsehole. And the OP is right.

There are some people who like to work ey

There are multi billionaires who work every single day till the day they die lol

You can't just every person from your limited world view
Politicians and self made billionaires are not in the same category

I would rather have power and status at age 88 and die in office then be retired

Retired men usually feel powerless, weak and angry and depressed if they did enough. Being in power helps avoid that

Which is why Trump wants to run again or why Biden did

Say who controls. Did Trump have any power?
You would rather sleep in at age 88, wake up and read the newspaper in your Pyjamas.

Politicians and self made billionaires are not in the same category

I don't think you understand that money is irrelevant in this scenario. The work is the prize. At the end of the day we are all living. There is no real difference between lying on the beach and coming to work if you do it every day. Everything loses its novelty after a while.

I don't think you understand that money is irrelevant in this scenario. The work is the prize. At the end of the day we are all living. There is no real difference between lying on the beach and coming to work if you do it every day. Everything loses its novelty after a while.

Yeah no, there is a reason people look forward to retirement universally.

Define: self-made.

Fair enough, half of these corrupt billionaires are not self made, I merely meant that a billionaire (A small minority on the planet) have completely different warped mindsets than the majority of people. I'm sure some politicians fall into a similar mindset of work, work, work but I think it differs from those who are in the billionaire game.

Yeah no, there is a reason people look forward to retirement universally.
This really depends on the person.
The thought of retiring is hell for a lot of people that are used to/like to be busy.
My grandfather still works because sitting on his ass doing nothing all day would feel like he was just waiting to die.

This really depends on the person.
The thought of retiring is hell for a lot of people that are used to/like to be busy.
My grandfather still works because sitting on his ass doing nothing all day would feel like he was just waiting to die.
What does he do for work?

Also Senators dont even need to do real work. There is almost no way to fire them except them removed by Congress or the Feds drop charges on them. The best you can do is vote them out but they are in for 6 years!!!

If they dont want to do much all they are required to do is attend meetings, and when summoned. A ton of Senators skip votes

You can be a lazy Senator and not respond at all to your people of your state etc

What does he do for work?
He owns a bunch of different businesses.
I think it depends on the person and job. If you're doing manual work, or work that isn't mentally stimulating you probably look forward to retiring more. But sitting on your ass for the next 20 years would get old after year 2 for some people, especially if you don't have much of anything else going on and you're in generally good mental and physical health.

Last edited:
I keep seeing "88 year old chuck gassy yadda yadda" scanning the page.

Pretty sure one thing people on all sides would agree with is term limits...which is why it will never be seriously considered.

I would rather have power and status at age 88 and die in office then be retired

Retired men usually feel powerless, weak and angry and depressed if they did enough. Being in power helps avoid that

Which is why Trump wants to run again or why Biden did

Say who controls. Did Trump have any power?
Wielding power over others does not motivate everyone. I feel empowered when I am in control of my own destiny and contributing to that end for others.

Define: self-made.
Just a small multimillion dollar loan from daddy...and then he dumped millions more into my business to keep it afloat. In other words, boot straps!

Back