8th mma fight

Good fight.

He looked bigger then you, what do you walk around at? Are you a flyweight who went up a weight class to get a fight?

You slipped his punch and dropped him with a nice right hand counter in the 1st which was the best thing either guy landed in the fight IMO. You also slipped his attack and hit him with a nice 3 piece combo in the 2nd I believe. You slipped/evaded most of his attacks the whole fight but I think these were the only 2 times you countered with something of your own and these were probably your best 2 moments of the fight along with your nice aggressive flurry at the end of the 3rd round. I know it's easier said then done but work on always coming back with something of your own after you slip his punches/evade his attack as both times you did it in the fight you were successful.

He was basically just pot shotting 1 big strike at a time to keep you at bay with his reach advantage the entire fight, had you slipped/countered more like I mentioned in the paragraph above I think you would have landed a lot more but I know its a lot easier said then done. Having someone swing those foam noodle things at you and work on slipping/rolling under those and fire back a couple shots in the air is a good drill to help that. Good work anyways.
Thanks. I’ve fought at 135 my whole ammy career but I’m definitely an undersized one who doesn’t cut much weight. If I were ever to go pro it would be at 125.

Yeah those single shots were there for the counter. Just need to work that a bit more. Thanks

Thanks. I’ve fought at 135 my whole ammy career but I’m definitely an undersized one who doesn’t cut much weight. If I were ever to go pro it would be at 125.

Yeah those single shots were there for the counter. Just need to work that a bit more. Thanks
What do you walk around at?

your faints aren't faints just hand movement, you need to put motion behind your faints dude

I actually really like that. Sounds like a really good live drill.
It's the best, hands down, not just for comfort in the pocket but for skill development also. Nothing improved me quite like doing a variation of this for multiple rounds 2-3x a week for 2ish years. You can also do predetermined combos, very valuable if you've got somebody newer as a partner, puts training wheels on for them and you get to practice something specific at a much higher level than if you went open with the newer guy.

Re: your fight, I'd say your chin looks really high up, but I'm a boxing guy not mma, not sure how that goes. For boxing the cue I like is to drop your head into your gloves.

Dude, that was an entertaining fight! I can't offer up any better advice than has been given out, but you stayed in the mix and kept it competitive. Good battle.

Easy drill to fix this issue- the “3-1-2” drill.

biscuitbrah throws 3 shots at his partner. Partner answers back with two, and then BB fires one back. If you do this drill dynamically with a live look- feints, angles, and a healthy mix of punches, kicks, knees and teeps then it helps develop good counter striking, evasive movement in and out and trains guys to be just a half step away when defending or finishing with a strike

Sounds like a good drill im not familiar with.
3, 1, 2? Why not 3, 2, 1? Bb 3 shots, partner 2, BB 1... 3, 2, 1?

A similiar drill is the 1 for 3. Partner throws 1 shot, you return with 3 for a round then rotate.

Hey guys. Just fought for an amateur bantamweight belt last night in Orlando. Its supposed to be one of the bigger promotions in Florida.
Anyways it didn’t go my way. But it was a good learning experience for me.

My opponent was a young wrestler with a size advantage so the game plan was to keep it on the feet.

Here’s the video. It was streamed on a laptop and being recorded on a phone. So you can hear some of my cousins and stuff talking in the background. I’m in the blue tape.

My observations after the fight:
-Started way too slow
-Needed to engage and bang more
-Didn’t take advantage of the times he missed, could have came with some counters.
-Basically waited too much

Once again my lack of ability to bang has lost me another fight. I will continue to work to improve in this area

Anyways please watch and critique. Thanks

Dont plant that negative seed.
I can bang.
I will bang.
Say it out loud.

Sounds like a good drill im not familiar with.
3, 1, 2? Why not 3, 2, 1? Bb 3 shots, partner 2, BB 1... 3, 2, 1?

A similiar drill is the 1 for 3. Partner throws 1 shot, you return with 3 for a round then rotate.
I came up with it myself, although I doubt I’m the only one. @Sinister has a variation I sometimes throw in at the end that I picked up when I was in Vegas a few years back.

you can run it anyway you like and play with the numbers or require/ban certain strikes or targets. It’s helped my fighters a ton

Hey guys. Just fought for an amateur bantamweight belt last night in Orlando. Its supposed to be one of the bigger promotions in Florida.
Anyways it didn’t go my way. But it was a good learning experience for me.

My opponent was a young wrestler with a size advantage so the game plan was to keep it on the feet.

Here’s the video. It was streamed on a laptop and being recorded on a phone. So you can hear some of my cousins and stuff talking in the background. I’m in the blue tape.

My observations after the fight:
-Started way too slow
-Needed to engage and bang more
-Didn’t take advantage of the times he missed, could have came with some counters.
-Basically waited too much

Once again my lack of ability to bang has lost me another fight. I will continue to work to improve in this area

Anyways please watch and critique. Thanks

Thanks for posting...and for fighting respect for you..for sure..you finished strong

I think you hit some key points in your O.P but if i were to add a few things...

One would be distance management ...you spent alot of the fight at your opponent range the rare times you were in your range off your good head movement you dropped him with a shot and cut him another time...you had the power advantage he had the range .

I will agree you had some countering opportunities you missed especially when he started slowing in the second round...hes a big fucker for bantamweight but u didnt quit

My last point would be , im not sure what your training as far as grappling but i would work on this area more for sure...there was a few times when even just a threat of a takedown or even shooting for one could of worked to help secure some of the round or atleast take the pressure off you as your opponent was pressing in...he came aggressive on the feet cuz he didnt feel there was a grappling threat...so id get some wrestling hours in or BJJ or Judo or sambo whatever u can get cuz it will only add to your options...

you got some.good hard body kicks though keep those up for sure...

Good fight ! Dont quit just work harder

Last edited:
Thanks for posting...and for fighting respect for you..for sure..you finished strong

I think you hit some key points in your O.P but if i were to add a few things...

One would be distance management ...you spent alot of the fight at your opponent range the rare times you were in your range off your good head movement you dropped him with a shot and cut him another time...you had the power advantage he had the range .

I will agree you had some countering opportunities you missed especially when he started slowing in the second round...hes a big fucker for bantamweight but u didnt quit

My last point would be , im not sure what your training as far as grappling but i would work on this area more for sure...there was a few times when even just a threat of a takedown or even shooting for one could of worked to help secure some of the round or atleast take the pressure off you as your opponent was pressing in...he came aggressive on the feet cuz he didnt feel there was a grappling threat...so id get some wrestling hours in or BJJ or Judo or sambo whatever u can get cuz it will only add to your options...

you got some.good hard body kicks though keep those up for sure...

Good fight ! Dont quit just work harder
Thank you for watching and critiquing man I will take all of these advices to heart

I came up with it myself, although I doubt I’m the only one. @Sinister has a variation I sometimes throw in at the end that I picked up when I was in Vegas a few years back.

you can run it anyway you like and play with the numbers or require/ban certain strikes or targets. It’s helped my fighters a ton

definitely something you can play around with for sure. after reading your post I thought to myself, what about 1,2,3. Fire 1, return 2, return 3, reset.

@biscuitsbrah

I skimmed through your fight. I see this alot with MMA guys, theres alot of movement only to throw 1 strike. and everything is always evade. Nothing wrong with that, but I would suggest working on block/countering rather than evading everything. This will help you stay inside and 'bang" So he throws a kick, check it and kick back. He throws a punch, block it and punch back. No need to run from everything. Feed them something anticipating the strike back, and just block it and bust back.

its easy for me to keyboard warrior and say " you should have done this" or "I would have done that" but all those times dude threw those head kicks knowing he was going to miss and spin around, you could have jumped on him. If they turn their back, rush em, they are vulnerable.

I was the other end of the spectrum, didnt evade for shit. Blocked everything, it was magical to learn holy shit, i dont always have to go fwd. I can step back once in a while lol.

MT is much more of a block and hit back style of fighting then something like boxing, hit and dont get hit. As head movement is a slippery slope in MT. Not that it cant be done, and hasnt been done.

in before "not true because" and a youtube link to khamsing or kaoklai or saenchai or what not being elusive

definitely something you can play around with for sure. after reading your post I thought to myself, what about 1,2,3. Fire 1, return 2, return 3, reset.
I like the rhythm here and would use it when talking about probes and “pokes”. Throw single shots to bait a response and then counter when they open up. Smart thinking

@biscuitsbrah

I skimmed through your fight. I see this alot with MMA guys, theres alot of movement only to throw 1 strike. and everything is always evade. Nothing wrong with that, but I would suggest working on block/countering rather than evading everything. This will help you stay inside and 'bang" So he throws a kick, check it and kick back. He throws a punch, block it and punch back. No need to run from everything. Feed them something anticipating the strike back, and just block it and bust back.

its easy for me to keyboard warrior and say " you should have done this" or "I would have done that" but all those times dude threw those head kicks knowing he was going to miss and spin around, you could have jumped on him. If they turn their back, rush em, they are vulnerable.

I was the other end of the spectrum, didnt evade for shit. Blocked everything, it was magical to learn holy shit, i dont always have to go fwd. I can step back once in a while lol.

MT is much more of a block and hit back style of fighting then something like boxing, hit and dont get hit. As head movement is a slippery slope in MT. Not that it cant be done, and hasnt been done.

in before "not true because" and a youtube link to khamsing or kaoklai or saenchai or what not being elusive

Yeah I’ve been working my blocks a lot eve since the fight. Forcing myself to stay in that fire. I’ve been doing the 3-1-2 drill and the 1-3 drill with mma gloves and it seems to be helping

Yeah I’ve been working my blocks a lot eve since the fight. Forcing myself to stay in that fire. I’ve been doing the 3-1-2 drill and the 1-3 drill with mma gloves and it seems to be helping
happy to hear this. You can also work takedowns into those combinations too, FYI. Either finish with one or be forced to defend against one.

Add in kicks. Check the kick. Kick back. Check the kick punch back. Catch the kick, counter...or for you even takedown. Theres a ton of stuff you can do off a caught kick and its a poor position for the other guy to be in.

Checking kicks is overlooked and under utilized in mma imo. I see many guys training to just eat the kick by leaning into it and counter right hand. Checking kicks is a effective way to "remove" that weapon. Check a kick or two and they will stop kicking....at least to that area. If checking hurts to the point your afraid to check (its never gonna not hurt) then its time to get a sandbag and put in work. Although its a defense, its almost like a attack in a way as you can injure guys, or they can injure themselves rather.

That was a tough fight facing a bigger guy with pretty good boxing. I agree with your assessment, being more aggressive would have been to your benefit. If you're confident in your cardio it can help to use lots of pressure and go hard early, most people will gas out if they have a tough first round.

Add in kicks. Check the kick. Kick back. Check the kick punch back. Catch the kick, counter...or for you even takedown. Theres a ton of stuff you can do off a caught kick and its a poor position for the other guy to be in.

Checking kicks is overlooked and under utilized in mma imo. I see many guys training to just eat the kick by leaning into it and counter right hand. Checking kicks is a effective way to "remove" that weapon. Check a kick or two and they will stop kicking....at least to that area. If checking hurts to the point your afraid to check (its never gonna not hurt) then its time to get a sandbag and put in work. Although its a defense, its almost like a attack in a way as you can injure guys, or they can injure themselves rather.

yeah I need to work checks.‘I have been doing those partner drills with kicks though but when you move too much it’s hard to check. Gonna try to practice being like Aldo and check some kicks.

That was a tough fight facing a bigger guy with pretty good boxing. I agree with your assessment, being more aggressive would have been to your benefit. If you're confident in your cardio it can help to use lots of pressure and go hard early, most people will gas out if they have a tough first round.
Yeah I normally am pretty confident in my cardio but I wasnt for that fight for multiple reasons I don’t wanna specify. Next fight i definitely have to start earlier with more pressure but make sure not to over do it lol

Back