A classmate of mine was murdered on campus today

Definitely not a typical school day today. My professor kinda nonchalantly informed us of the situation. She said "I hate to start the day off like this but for those that don't know one of your classmates was murdered this morning. My apologies if any of you were friends with him. well on a more positive note lets start class." And thats kinda all she said. It's an organic chemistry lecture with about 300-400 of us in it so I didn't even recognize him when i saw his picture. They said his roommate stabbed him to death this morning then went back to sleep, woke up and calmly told people that he murdered someone. Called the police on himself and waited to be arrested. A lot of people have made comments speaking on how nice and intelligent the victim was. Sounds like he was a good guy with a really bright future a head. just a sad situation. The suspect i think is an international student from china.

here's a NBC link on the story for those interested:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...oommate-was-killed-residence-hall-o-rcna50789

Wow. o_O

Reminds of my first day of welding school in 2008. There was a 350 pound guy there that we were wondering how he could fit in the welding booths.

Ends up we never found out. On the 2nd day police were at the school asking the class if anybody knew him personally because he was killed in a gang shooting just 6 hours before.

No one knew him. We just knew his name, and he never said anything to anyone on the first day other than his name during role call.

It was very bizarre. We were around someone that was just hours away from dying violently.

Nice, but that was your degree. Fairly sure the other poster was talking about an elective which is normally astronomy. Astrophysics is a whole other beast which would not do very well as an elective.
You ain't kidding bro. Those astrophysics classes were a bitch. All advanced mathematics.

That sucks. RIP. Scary to think you could get set up to room with a killer in waiting.

Back