A small but effective tip

Secure your racks to the floor. Or weigh them down . Put some lever arms on and flipped the rack over 5 minutes later. Was exciting and quiet.
I bolted mine to 2 sheets of plywood but I'd like to anchor it into the concrete instead honestly.

I bolted mine to 2 sheets of plywood but I'd like to anchor it into the concrete instead honestly.
Never front loaded it heavy enough to be an issue. Or always had plates on the back as counter.
Those lever arms are cool as shit, but almost f'd some shit up. Put 1 plate on to see how it felt, went smooth 15 reps. Put another plate and pushed another 10 reps. Everything flowing and feeling nice. (I'm robbing plates off the back of rack) Time to sweat, put a 25 on with them. Didn't even get the handles eye level, the back of cage came off ground and the football bar on back J hooks went air borne, then cage proceeded to fall forward. It's now anchored to concrete

Random tip:

even if you like to lift raw like me, it might be a good idea to use a belt + knee wraps for heavier lifts as you’re approaching 40.

On a related gear note, it’s also a good idea to fucking NOT deadlift in crocs. No I don’t want to talk about it.

Nah, dawg. I'm holding my breath until I'm on the brink of passing out.

And by "squats" he means curls.

Make sure you yell and grunt loudly while doing your reps too. On the last rep let the weight slam down.

That way everyone in the gym knows you're not to be fucked with.

<20>
When preparing to squat, completely empty your lungs and draw your ribcage down over your hips for maximum core stability <seedat>

Rookie. Go to the gym needing to doo a massive poo. You will naturally tighten your core for safety to avoid pooing yourself.
Only works in public as there isn't sufficient motivation at home.

Back