A Thread About Bellator Salaries, Link Included

Hate to ressurect this thread, but saw this on Twitter. Guys in places like Ikon are getting paid 300/300

Depends where they are on the card, if its their pro debut then that's probably normal if they don't have a good ammy career or credentials from another martial art behind them.

Depends where they are on the card, if its their pro debut then that's probably normal if they don't have a good ammy career or credentials from another martial art behind them.

True, but doubt they ever go up to 4K/4K

Last edited:
Think Aj said he sold 200k worth of tickets. Dont think they can force you but if Bellator gives you a piece of the tickets you sell and you have a big following in a certain place why not do it for some extra cash.
He also sounded like he didnt want to be doing that anymore, which makes sense.

someone with a 3-3 record on on one off contract on a Bellator prelim should make the same as someone with a 9-1 record in their first UFC fight.
Might happen.

Depends from credentials in other sport and who you had fought in MMA fights.
10-0 pro record might be easily padded at local mma or pro boxing level.

How good you had looked in these fights?
Maybe guy with 3-3 pro MMA record was very watchable, had tough, competitive matchmaking and had lost on cards while fights were interesting to watch till end?
Maybe 9-1 or 9-0 lad had very easy matchmaking and looked boring?

Then maybe nor Bellator nor UFC even will consider such specimen, I think.

I for example do know mma lad with pro record 6-0 and all his opponents were debut lads in pro ranks. Btw not because record padding, just cos for event's promoter was cheaper to book for him debut lads as opponents.
Ok, small prom and mma fights were not their main income.

so again tell me how someone being pay 4k on saturday is better than the 20k min the ufc paid fighters on the same saturday?

if aj mckee made 100k in the ufc the outrage would be huge but nobody cares cause he in belaltor. pit bull only made 250k who the goat in bellator

I've explained this dozens of times in my time at Sherdog. It's exhausting.

Do you think the lead of a little independent film with a 5M budget should be paid the same as the lead of the latest Marvel blockbuster?

Use your head.

People do call out Bellator about it and always have.

The problem is before the DAZN deal Bellator was losing money, with DAZN making good money, and now without the DAZN deal my understanding is they are making money(mainly because of international TV deals) to be sustainable. If your losing money hard to say you should pay more when you been at it for 10 years.

UFC on the other hand makes 100's of millions a year and damn close to billion dollars of revenue. Sold for over 4 billion and then sold shares after that at value of a little over 6 Billion after reworked media deals. Publically taunts some of this information. Only pays out about 18% or so to its fighters(still much more than anyone else)

Just two completely different leagues they are playing in.

I think the main goal of fans at least would like to see the UFC do is give fighters who have reached the UFC level a wage that doesn't require them to hold another job just to put food on the table and be able to train. Raise that 18% or so to mayber 25% to 30%. Sponsorship deal is a little whack and after signing on the Crypto company and giving zero the fighters is even more BS. They should've at a bare minimum raised the payouts by like another 2K or something after signing that deal. Anything to at least look like they did something for the fighters.

I've explained this dozens of times in my time at Sherdog. It's exhausting.

Do you think the lead of a little independent film with a 5M budget should be paid the same as the lead of the latest Marvel blockbuster?

Use your head.

the extras in movies make same money cause there a actors screen board that handles that.

im not talking about conor and floyd im talking about the prelim fighters on the min making pennies. how is belaltor paying 4k good for the sport?

the extras in movies make same money cause there a actors screen board that handles that.

im not talking about conor and floyd im talking about the prelim fighters on the min making pennies. how is belaltor paying 4k good for the sport?

The prelim fighter is less qualified at their job than the one the UFC is hiring. If you were having some work on your house would you pay an average carpenter the same fee as you would a good one?

How much should the fighters be paid in your opinion?

How is it not?

• The fighters taking those spots are doing it happily, because that's more than they can make anywhere else. They're not hot prospects, they're not top 25 fighters. They're mostly novices.
  • Getting locals to fight on the prelims helps sell tickets, which is a necessary part of Bellator's business model
  • Having cheap local prelims allows Bellator to spend more on their main card, which is crucial, because
  • BELLATOR MAKES FAR LESS REVENUE THAN THE UFC AND YET THEY STILL PAY OUT 3-5 TIMES LARGER PERCENTAGE OF THEIR REVENUE.

If they paid 25k each for prelims instead, none of those guys getting 4 would be on the card. They'd be ditched for fighters who are better, better known, and better draws. And they'd be taking $500 to fight at some half-assed local brawler.
And then there'd be less money for the main card and we'd get worse pay and worse lineups there.

Nobody in this sport has a Fountain of Infinite Money except the UFC.
And they're still the stingiest slaveowners around.

How is it not?

• The fighters taking those spots are doing it happily, because that's more than they can make anywhere else. They're not hot prospects, they're not top 25 fighters. They're mostly novices.
  • Getting locals to fight on the prelims helps sell tickets, which is a necessary part of Bellator's business model
  • Having cheap local prelims allows Bellator to spend more on their main card, which is crucial, because
  • BELLATOR MAKES FAR LESS REVENUE THAN THE UFC AND YET THEY STILL PAY OUT 3-5 TIMES LARGER PERCENTAGE OF THEIR REVENUE.

If they paid 25k each for prelims instead, none of those guys getting 4 would be on the card. They'd be ditched for fighters who are better, better known, and better draws. And they'd be taking $500 to fight at some half-assed local brawler.
And then there'd be less money for the main card and we'd get worse pay and worse lineups there.

Nobody in this sport has a Fountain of Infinite Money except the UFC.
And they're still the stingiest slaveowners around.

since when did viacom go broke?

How much should the fighters be paid in your opinion?

i want the same level of outrage when people call the ufc cheap. bellator paying 4k and alot of boxer making nothing are just a big a problem.

the outrage when people say the ufc min isnt fair so how less fair is the 4k bellator pays

The prelim fighter is less qualified at their job than the one the UFC is hiring. If you were having some work on your house would you pay an average carpenter the same fee as you would a good one?

so it wrong for the ufc to pay there min amount but it cool that bellator pays 3 times less than that.

what about bopxing when hundards made less than 10k

so it wrong for the ufc to pay there min amount but it cool that bellator pays 3 times less than that.

what about bopxing when hundards made less than 10k

Yes because they're less good at their job.

Back