A time you were really scared

Stump

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Whats a time you were terrified?

Once, I was camping alone, sleeping in a hammock in the middle of nowhere. I woke up and heard the sound of distinct sniffs right next to my head. If you've never slept in a camping hammock, you can really feel quite vulnerable - much like a tent, you can't see anything but you can hear very well everything going around you but unlike a tent, you're suspended in the air and you cant easily just push off the ground to get to your feet if you need to. It feels much more vulnerable, you feel like a suspended sausage link.

I woke from sleep in a state of alarm, but I didn't know why I was scared. I had the strong sense that I should be quiet and listen, so I did, even though my heart was pounding in my ears. I heard two distinct sniff sounds right next to the top of my head. I could feel the skin on my scalp crawl. I vividly imagined two images of what could be outside smelling my head - a bear, or some crazed lunatic who had been following me through the woods for two days. I started thrashing around and yelling while I grabbed the zipper. I unzipped and stuck my head out to hear the sound of something crashing away through the bush. It could have been a bear, could have been a deer. I calmed down pretty quickly and went back to sleep but it was probably the most scared I've ever been.

It was a surreal experience waking up like that. It's like the part of the brain that draws conclusions was offline in sleep, but the part of the brain that alerts to danger and fires up the adrenaline response was there, on duty and roused the rest of the brain. I got the message that I needed to wake up right now and be ready but no further information about why or what was happening. It was almost like my inner voice had whispered to me "wake up right now, and listen, somethings going on."

My neighbor just put up all his Halloween nonsense, his yard is full of lifesize witches and demons and such, all just setting on swings, relaxing and waiting for victims
The other day me and my Daisy Dog walked by at 4 am and saw all these evil characters just silently staring at us in the dark shadows and I spent the rest of our walk feeling hella creeped out and constantly looking behind me, fully expecting the witches to have come to life and be slowly sstalking me down the street
Shit was terrifying

You guys already getting tired of being cooped up in that bus together all day every day?

Probably more complicated than that, but big changes in life cause all different types of challenges, individually, and as a couple..Doesn’t help that we are both missing a few screws…

I have been in the same room as Amy Schumer. The sight, the smell, the possibility that she would think I was food. There were a number of reasons to be on edge. Fortunately I didn't look like a sausage link in a camping hammock.

I was kayaking in Alaska, 10 hour kayak away from civilization and we had to exit a glacial drainage inlet into oncoming waves from the bay. I was wearing a wet suit but I was legit scared to get flipped because all my camping gear was in the damn kayak too. There was a 20-30' channel between where the waves were breaking that we had to keep within.

Another time I was driving out to a ski resort and the main mtn passes were closed due to blizzard conditions on either side of me essentially trapping me for the night. My dumb ass decided to take a forest road instead. It was snowing hard and visibility was bad so I had to use my phone's gps to anticipate turns but couldn't go too slow or I wouldn't make it through the deeper snow drifts. I drove for about 4 hours in the middle of the night through these conditions. To make matters worse I was driving my old beater pickup truck and noticed it was burning coolant at an alarming rate. As I passed more and more abandoned cars that had taken the wrong line through the drifts and gotten stuck I started to go through the stages of loss, bargaining with God that I'd never do this again.

I was at an event venue backstage with Lizzo, I made the mistake of reaching for the last slice of pizza and lost 3 fingers, it was terrifying. I think she got the taste for human blood because she was looking me up and down like I was a double whopper with cheese.

After work one weeknight at a 7-11.

Just finished a event at a known church. Proceeded to a nearby 7-11 thats in a questionable neighborhood at around 11pm. When i walked in a early 20's girl was at the register paying for something with airpods in blaring music oblivious to her surroundings. Made my coffee, paid at the register, started my car and stood next to it for i dont smoke in it.

Look to my left across the street and this same girl is walking away staring at me. She then does a 180 walking directly towards me. When she approached she asked for money. I replied 'sorry i got paid in check tonight i have no cash'. Where she replied 'a check cashing place is down the road'. I immediately put out my cigarette, told her have a good night and drove away. All while she is staring at me with this discontent expression.

Only time in my life where i saw in someones eyes and body expression that they will do anything for their desired outcome.

Errytime my Mom said: "Just wait till we get home..."
I shat so many bricks, you could build a trump tower with those.

I was on this bike

On this track:

This was usually 3rd gear for me, but one time I clicked it up into 4th.

And usually from this point it would catch air and land some where in front of the lump, (like this guy) before the turn down there. Timestamped:

But in 4th gear the fucking thing launched all the way until the 8 second mark. Back tire landed on top the lump and I found myself moving really fast and running outa real estate to make the turn.

Maybe one of the closest "See God" moments I experienced.

Managed to save it it but thought I was a goner for a second.

@TardStrong

I had to stand before a crazy woman who was a judge in the state of Illinois. She was bat shit crazy, and tried to fabricate some crazy story.

I lit some fireworks off in an alley when I was 16 years old. A shrub caught on fire, I put out the fire.

The fire department and police showed up after I left. Some snitch kid got the yearbook from his house and pointed me out to the police.

This judge tried to say that I almost killed someone, and because I had a 'C' grade in Spanish I was a "bad person".

I didn't know what was going to happen, this judge was so freaking crazy I thought I was going to get locked away. My family and I seriously thought I was screwed.

We had another court date, and thank God......I had a normal judge. He read the case report and looked confused. He asked me to explain to him what happened. He shook his head, asked if I had been in trouble before.....to which I replied 'no'. Then he dismissed the case.

One time I had to watch an Amy Schumer comedy special.

Reactions: ARW
After work one weeknight at a 7-11.

Just finished a event at a known church. Proceeded to a nearby 7-11 thats in a questionable neighborhood at around 11pm. When i walked in a early 20's girl was at the register paying for something with airpods in blaring music oblivious to her surroundings. Made my coffee, paid at the register, started my car and stood next to it for i dont smoke in it.

Look to my left across the street and this same girl is walking away staring at me. She then does a 180 walking directly towards me. When she approached she asked for money. I replied 'sorry i got paid in check tonight i have no cash'. Where she replied 'a check cashing place is down the road'. I immediately put out my cigarette, told her have a good night and drove away. All while she is staring at me with this discontent expression.

Only time in my life where i saw in someones eyes and body expression that they will do anything for their desired outcome.

One man’s fear is another man’s opportunity…
<{jackyeah}>

Stripper thought I was a cocaine dealer in a biker bar....

won't say more.

Two or three times, all waking up from dreams.

One time, I was sleeping in my bed and my dream involved me driving the bed full speed towards a brick wall. I woke up in a panic, stark bollock naked, jumped out of bed, side stepped around the room to my womans side and started slapping by her head, looking for the emergency stop button. She asked me what I was doing, and I answered "I'm trying to stop the fucking tug! Were going to crash!". She asked again, and I realized just how stupid I was being, and said "nothing, go back to sleep".

Similar thing happened at a hotel at Keron Beach in Phuket. I had a dream that my bed was teetering off a cliff, so I shot out of bed, again naked, walked across the room and tried to go outside. I had my hand on the door knob when the lass brought me back to reality.

Also had a dream where I was being strangled, so I started choking the missus. Luckily I'm a weak bastard when waking up. I had a severe throat infection at the time. Very painful, couldn't talk at all or keep food down.

All times, I was startled awake by the dream, but still thought that I was in it, despite being aware of my surroundings.

I was on this bike

On this track:

This was usually 3rd gear for me, but one time I clicked it up into 4th.

And usually from this point it would catch air and land some where in front of the lump, (like this guy) before the turn down there. Timestamped:

But in 4th gear the fucking thing launched all the way until the 8 second mark. Back tire landed on top the lump and I found myself moving really fast and running outa real estate to make the turn.

Maybe one of the closest "See God" moments I experienced.

Managed to save it it but thought I was a goner for a second.

@TardStrong

LOL at 1:50, that dude is hauling balls. That track looks sick, high speed AF. Probably not very many tracks where you'd even think about 4th on a 500 2t.

LOL at 1:50, that dude is hauling balls. That track looks sick, high speed AF. Probably not very many tracks where you'd even think about 4th on a 500 2t.

No, not around Houston. That's why I frequented it more than the more supercross like places. It's a great place to practice for Desert racing when you don't have a desert.

That front straight and this last table top were the only places I tried 4th, (once) and both times the thing way over jumped.

They used to have Pro Races there back in the old days.
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto...ic-from-Rio-Bravo-1983-Classic-80s-MX,1356087
https://vault.racerxonline.com/venue/rio-bravo-mx-park

Back