A time you were really scared

When my wife was birthing our daughter, there were some complications. Suddenly the doctor looked at the monitor and yelled at the nurse “heart rate is too high. We need to get this baby out. Prep for emergency c section.” My heart was beating through my chest. But then my wife looked at me and was like “fuck this” and grabbed on to the handles and pushed until the capillaries in her face burst and out came our daughter.
My first son came out not breathing, that shit fucked me up.

Probably more complicated than that, but big changes in life cause all different types of challenges, individually, and as a couple..Doesn’t help that we are both missing a few screws…
<Cage33>

When my wife was birthing our daughter, there were some complications. Suddenly the doctor looked at the monitor and yelled at the nurse “heart rate is too high. We need to get this baby out. Prep for emergency c section.” My heart was beating through my chest. But then my wife looked at me and was like “fuck this” and grabbed on to the handles and pushed until the capillaries in her face burst and out came our daughter.

Ha, we had the same but they went to open her up and found she was fully dilated and then tried to get our daughter out with the Ventouse clamp, it didn't wotk and popped off , I thought they'd pulled her head off...next time they just used forceps and she came out...

I stared death or serious injury in face one time I was climbing a trail. One of those stupid things you do in cottage country, without thinking much. It was all going fine, until we got off trail and hit this very steep section of a rather large hill. We just went too far, to the point where we couldn't turn back. I ended up having to put my life in the hands of this one small protruding rock on like an 80 degree incline(we were all literally hanging onto vines and shit to keep us square with the hill), that was about 4 or so feet away, where if you missed your step, or the rock wasn't as sturdy as it seemed, you were going for a serious three or four story tumble, with nothing but boulders and trees being your only brace. It was crazy. I was third in line to go, so at least I knew that this small rock would hold my weight, if I was lucky enough to get my tippy toes on it.

We all made it in the end and got to high five each other when we made our destination, like it was some kind of neat adventure, but that scared the ever living shit out of me, and I still think of it to this day. It could've gone so much worse.

Ha, we had the same but they went to open her up and found she was fully dilated and then tried to get our daughter out with the Ventouse clamp, it didn't wotk and popped off , I thought they'd pulled her head off...next time they just used forceps and she came out...
Yeah they had to use the vacuum on my son(second of my twins). He looked pretty rough for about a week after he was born.

My kid slept like a corpse. I also had an unreasonable level of paranoia about sids. Some times when she was sleeping I'd touch her palm or nose to see her react, or I'd put my hand on her chest to feel the rise and fall.

One night she didn't respond, and I didn't feel the rise and fall of her breathing. So I gave her a little shake... Nothing.

I've never been so scared.

I shouted her name and gave her a big shake and she woke right up. I'd scared the shit out of her and myself over nothing.

Used to come home from elementary school about an hour and a half before parents got home.This happened around grade 4.

Have a little sister so taking care of her and washing up breakfast diahes were my only responsibility.

Made us tomato sandwiches one day as soon as we got home, halfway through eating (watching og power rangers) my little sis starts panicking, she's choking and theres no adults around to help.

I tried to help then panicked and ran to my bedroom crying. Middle of burying my head in the covers i realised she need MY help bc no one else was around.

Didnt know what the heimlich was. Reached into her mouth and pulled out a long chunk of tomato and bread, she immediately puked on my shirt.

We cleaned up my shirt and covered the whole thing up like ninjas. Didnt want the parents to send us back to a babysitter.

Also was terrified by a bear one afternoon but thats another long one and ive already typed it out on here.

A couple of times when exes told me... they've missed their period :eek:

Genuine terror...

Hs gf missed it for 2 months. I spent 2 months thinking I'm that statistic, we used condoms and was on the pill. 2 months of fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck i fucked everything up.

Before everyone had a cellphone, way before texting.

I was at a family xmas party when she called to tell me she got her period.

My family name is basically like smith around here. Gf got out the phone book and started cold calling everyone with the same last name looking for me. My grandma's number was on the second page of all the same last name.

I was so confused when someone told me there was a phone call for me, picked it up and when she told me she had the period it was the best xmas gift ever.

Shout out to Danielle for cold calling 200 people and.not giving up

Last edited:
Hs gf missed it for 2 months. I spent 2 months thinking I'm that statistic, we used condoms and was on the pill. 2 months of fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck i fucked everything up.

Before everyone had a cellphone, way before texting.

I was at a family xmas party when she called to tell me she got her period.

My family name is basically like smith around here. Gf got out the phone book and started cold calling everyone with the same last name looking for me. My grandma's number was on the second page of all the same last name.

I was so confused when someone told me there was a phone call for me, picked it up and when she told me she had the period it was the best xmas gift ever.

Shout out to Danielle for cold calling 200 people and.not giving up

Definitely sounds like it turned out to be a very merry Christmas for you.

Glad to hear.

Definitely sounds like it turned out to be a very merry Christmas for you.

Glad to hear.

Dude the only thought I'd had for weeks is 'i've fucked everything up. My family is going to hate me. Both our lives are wrecked and they even warned us constantly about this. So dumb. Complete fuck up. And her gigantic big brother who isnt a teenager is going to beat me to death'

Then complete and sweet relief. I hung up the phone and immediately went for a walk. I remember having tears of joy streaming down my face while fist pumping down the sidewalk. Bought a barq's root beer at a corner store to celebrate like a young moron

After work one weeknight at a 7-11.

Just finished a event at a known church. Proceeded to a nearby 7-11 thats in a questionable neighborhood at around 11pm. When i walked in a early 20's girl was at the register paying for something with airpods in blaring music oblivious to her surroundings. Made my coffee, paid at the register, started my car and stood next to it for i dont smoke in it.

Look to my left across the street and this same girl is walking away staring at me. She then does a 180 walking directly towards me. When she approached she asked for money. I replied 'sorry i got paid in check tonight i have no cash'. Where she replied 'a check cashing place is down the road'. I immediately put out my cigarette, told her have a good night and drove away. All while she is staring at me with this discontent expression.

Only time in my life where i saw in someones eyes and body expression that they will do anything for their desired outcome.
Wanted money but had $200 air pods. Should have told her yeah but she needed to earn it.

Wanted money but had $200 air pods. Should have told her yeah but she needed to earn it.

With an Apple cellphone in one hand and nice cloths on.

Ive dealt with all types of personalities in life and consistently through work. This young girl was psychotic. Who was one negative interaction away from bringing the interaction to a horrible crossroads.

With an Apple cellphone in one hand and nice cloths on.

Ive dealt with all types of personalities in life and consistently through work. This young girl was psychotic. Who was one negative interaction away from bringing the interaction to a horrible crossroads.
I.e. you being forced into a self defense situation

Once I was surfing alone very early in the morning like 6am so it was still a bit dark. The water was murky and very cold. As I was on top of my board waiting for a wave I saw the fin of a shark a big shark about 90 ft away fin sideways as it was circling investigating me. We don't have great whites around here but we do have Tiger sharks and I think that was it

So I paddled the fastest I could towards the beach feeling absolute hopeless full adrenaline heart pounding. Longest minutes of my life

We didn’t know that my daughter was allergic to fish; this is when she was about 18 months old….

She’s really grabby at this point so she steals a bite of salmon off my plate and within a minute she her throat closed up and her face broke out in hives. She couldn’t breath and was clinging on to me for dear life. Rushed her to the hospital (about 100 mph) and my wife gave her Benadryl along the way. Luckily she responded well to the medicine and got way better even before we got to the hospital.

Most scared I’ve ever been in my life.

As a 12/13 year old kid in the 80s with my friends and other kids riding BMX in the woods being surrounded on our bikes by a group of older (maybe 15-16) really tough black kids was probably one of the things that scared me that has always stayed with me. They told all the black kids to leave and they were going to lynch the whites. I remember peeing a little. My black friends pleaded but ultimately had no choice but to leave to get help lol. I took my lumps and it made me a tougher person. I was more upset they stole my bike. But the fear is something that gave me PTSD to the point that I started fighting after that even in an argument. I would rather the physical than the mental fear. Took me a while to get over it. I have some friends that had it worse for sure. Shaped who they became. Not always a positive.

When I was a teenager I was visiting at an aunt's house. I snuck out to smoke a cigarette on the sly, it was out next to the woods, where she had a carport out behind the house.

All of a sudden I hear a commotion, it sounds like a war party approaching from Dances with Wolves, and I could tell they were approaching quickly. Before I could retreat, or even determine my best course of action, a pack of about 8 dogs clear the treeline and run right past me.

I just about shit my pants, except my butthole was puckered up so tight you couldn't pull a pin out of it, as my thoughts of being ripped apart subsided as the dogs just ran right past me without missing a stride. It all happened so quickly but I still remember that sigh of relief.

I also used to work as a lineman. It was my first day back after having surgery and being off for about 4 or 5 months. I was working with a salty old bastard that worked every day and if any of us younger guys couldn't keep up with him he'd just kick us off his team.

Being out of shape, and also with the summer sun bearing down on us, I started to tire by the afternoon. Knowing the consequences I kept pushing but at some point my gaffes just gave out while I was about 20 feet up a pole.

My life passed before my eyes, even though the fall was so quick I barely had a chance to realize what was happening, but luckily due to having Bashlin hooks the gaffes dug back in before I hit the ground and was able to absorb the fall with my legs while holding on tight with my arms.

After a second or two I pulled a gaffe out to step down the pole but I was so close to the ground that when I lowered my leg my foot stepped onto the sidewalk. That crusty old bastard told me to go ahead onto the next pole but I let him know I was done for the day. True to his nature that was the last time I worked on his crew.

I was working an hour away from home. We were due for a blizzard that evening, but I was supposed to get off in the afternoon so I figured I'd miss it. It hits early, and every news station says stay off the roads. It was so bad I left early. My boss would've usually had my head for that, but he was in a meeting with higher-ups and I couldn't ask him, so my co-worker who had been there longer than me agreed to take the heat for it. (Thanks Vicky, wherever you are)

I leave and the parking lot is already white. I thought about getting a hotel, but in my youthful arrogance I was like "nah, I can make it." I get on the exit ramp, going at a steady slow speed and then out of nowhere, I lose control of my car. It whips around and does a 540 rotation, but somehow doesn't hit anything. I managed to get it back under control then got stuck in traffic on the interstate for about 8 hours. I thought about going to my house, but thank goodness I stopped at my brother's house for the night, as I'd later learn the exit to my street was completely covered and had multiple cars stuck in snow up to the mirrors.

That was the most scared I have ever been. No screaming, no tensing up, no "traditional" reactions that I thought I'd have - just a pure sense of helplessness and dread. I'm not a religious guy, but looking back at that ramp, I don't know how in the world I managed not to slam into the barrier. There's literally not enough space to clear the distance like I did. It was a legit miracle.

Was in Puerto Rico for work and a couple of us decided to go zip-lining up in the mountains. One of the other dudes said he took care of it and just pay him the money directly. So we did.

He drove us up this mountain that turned into one extremely narrow one lane. When I say narrow, I mean I could open my care door and couldn't step out onto anything, I'd just fall to my death. So we're tracking up the side of this mountain and all of sudden there's this truck in front of us coming down the mountain and he refuses to go backwards. This forces our driver to go backwards down this mountain. At one point, those rear tires start to go off the road and the whole SUV starts to tip back slightly and we all thought we were going to die, it was that bad. Driver slammed the car in drive and hit the gas and got us back on the road with a quickness.

A few days later, we ended up actually flipping that SUV over on a curvy road. Walked away from that accident with a minor cut on my arm and I was in the very back of the SUV that had no seats where you'd put sports equipment just chilling and the driver lost control of the vehicle. Another dude that was back there with me actually caught my head from slamming into the pavement as the car started to roll and the back glass broke in. Don't know how hey did it with how fast it all went down. He said he didn't even know. I can't tell you how many times we rolled, but I felt the side of my head craddled in this dude's hand the whole time.

I’ve Done all that in PR aside From flipping a car.

Some of those roads are legitimately asshole-puckering.

Back