A Young Female Drummer Who Is Like A Reincarnation Of John Bonham (according to Jimmy Page)

In some live performances, there gets added in guitar vs bass "duels" that were not present in the studio version of songs.
The article I posted above has this to say about that:

"One treat for fans during concerts is the mid-song instrumental duels Kanami will have with frequently barefoot bassist Misa. 'Basically, our vocalist, Saiki, has ideas about how to perform on stage for live shows. Rather, she gives out orders [laughs]. That applies to the battles we have on stage. Saiki gives out instructions, ‘You two do something here!’”

That playful spirit is part of what makes BAND-MAID so much fun to watch, yet Kanami gets serious when asked to sum up their appeal. “We wear cute maid outfits as a band, but our music is as good as any male group, so please check us out for yourself!”

Here's a performance with a guitar vs. bass "battle

this is a song I would love to play live with them, but make it Djent

The guitar work is very conservative.

If you can get past the weird gimmicks that some of these Japanese rocks bands have (male and female) there is a lot of good talent there in the rock scene. I don't blame people for promoting good rock talent these days since no one else does in this day and age. It's still out there, you just have to find it.

Billboard released their top 10 rock songs of the last decade, and it was mostly Imagine Dragons. That doesn't track for me. I'm glad there's still people out there making good rock and roll. We need more Foo Fighters, less Fall Out Boys.

As an American, native English speaker, I don't think the Japanese language lends itself very well to hard rock vocals.

But I dug both of the songs you posted, otherwise. The drumming was very good.

And furthermore, I do love me some women of talent.

This song has all the lyrics in English, although they can be a bit hard to understand with lead singer Saiki's accent. So I'll print a few of the rather racy lyrics (these were written by the rhythm guitarist Miku, the girl shown running in the video and below):
tumblr_nr6mn6tNTP1qzjrm1o1_500.jpg

"You make me so wet" [this is the very first line]
+
"You say I’ve been so bad
Maybe I should spank you baby
Anyway you’re gonna be my slave
Heaven and Hell’s gonna turn over topsy-turvy
I know you wanna give it to me
Deeper and deeper and faster and faster delight
Your body is mine tonight
Don’t let me down"
+
"So would you give head and give me good till I say stop"

<Kpop775>

[full lyrics st this link: https://japaneseonestoplyrics.blogspot.com/2017/10/band-maid-dont-let-me-down-lyrics.html ]

BAND-MAID / Don’t let me down

Last edited:
She isn't drunk enough and doesn't smash the kit nearly hard enough to be Bonham. She's pretty good though.

In this band, it's MISA, the bass guitar player, who is known for drinking alcoholic beverages during performances. I've never seen her looking drunk on stage though. I've heard she has switched from whiskey to beer lately, to lighten up some.

If you look carefully at the "Turn Me On" video, you'll see a bottle of Jim Beam on top of her amp.

Last edited:
Billboard released their top 10 rock songs of the last decade, and it was mostly Imagine Dragons. That doesn't track for me. I'm glad there's still people out there making good rock and roll. We need more Foo Fighters, less Fall Out Boys.
They just look at what's played on the radio. There used to be a distinction between genres even on the radio. Now, the stuff they play on the rock stations is also played on the pop stations among the dance tracks and Taylor Swift and what not.

That's why awards shows, top whatever lists and Adam Levine's opinion are best ignored.

I don't know shit about any of the players or the story, but Imma go ahead and say he's banging.

She's dope, but if it was just some fat, bald white dude playing that, nobody would care that much.

I think if there's a rock drummer who is truly reminiscent of Bonham, it's Dave Grohl.

What with coronavirus and all, none of us will be attending concerts for a while, but there is lots of great, high visual and audio quality concert footage of Band-Maid to be found online. Check out this hard-rockin' performance of "Moratorium"...

Hot as hell! The band keeps levelling up!

The song I originally started the thread with, "Turn Me On", got removed from YouTube. So I replaced it with another great live performance song: "Puzzle". Please check it out.

As time goes by, the importance of Miku becomes more obvious.

Some fine drumming on Band-Maid's recently released instrumental piece: "from now on"!

Back