PBP ACA 107: Aleksander Emelyanenko vs Magomed Ismailov 7-24-20 7am/10am PT/ET Official Discussion

Bro he got arrested 2 weeks ago because he got into a drunken brawl, ACA president says the fight is still happening tho.

I stopped following him on Instagram, is he bloated again? That's usually a sign he'll soon get arrested.
Last I seen him post was about his daughter and the most recent was January 20 he posted a cutscene from Scarface with the words « я плохой« I am bad

Don't worry the arrest is just part of our training camp, brother needs to be mentally tough for the fight.

Last I seen him post was about his daughter and the most recent was January 20 he posted a cutscene from Scarface with the words « я плохой« I am bad
Oh God, here we go again

Don't worry the arrest is just part of our training camp, brother needs to be mentally tough for the fight.
<45> I hope you really are Ivan because that was hilarious.

I trained drink once i actually thought fight better lmfaooooo

Moderation key tho

Emelyanenko has been released btw He got into a drunken brawl got charged and convicted for "Hooliganism" sentenced to 7 days in the local prison He has served his sentence and is out.

I think I dance better when I'm drunk but I doubt anyone else does.
No you absolutely do. Alcohol is known to improve your decision making capacity which is why women say yes to me more often when they are drunk.

I think Vartanyan could beat a good number of the UFC LWs, he is really good. But Green is a weird fighter - he isn't very good, but manages to make his opponents bad.

I think Vartanyan could beat a good number of the UFC LWs, he is really good. But Green is a weird fighter - he isn't very good, but manages to make his opponents bad.

bro

I wonder if his parole would have enabled him to even travel to Russia in the first place. I mean, that doesn't really seem like the kind of thing parole allows you to do. So was he going to get arrested for taking this fight in the first place, even if this infraction had occured?

Green's strengths are that he's very defensively savvy, offers his opponents few openings to capitalize on, and has a point-scoring jab. Vartanyan is a guy who is willing to crash the pocket and just attack if an opening doesn't occur. Against a normal fighter, that could be a liability. But against Green, I suspect that such an approach would mean Vartanyan matches up very well against him.

I wonder if his parole would have enabled him to even travel to Russia in the first place. I mean, that doesn't really seem like the kind of thing parole allows you to do. So was he going to get arrested for taking this fight in the first place, even if this infraction had occured?

Green's strengths are that he's very defensively savvy, offers his opponents few openings to capitalize on, and has a point-scoring jab. Vartanyan is a guy who is willing to crash the pocket and just attack if an opening doesn't occur. Against a normal fighter, that could be a liability. But against Green, I suspect that such an approach would mean Vartanyan matches up very well against him.

i dont think he was ever gonna fight at this event

Vartanyan, Abdul-Aziz and Bagov are really good fighters, I think any of them could make it to top 10 in UFC.

I can see him at Al Iaquinta's level.
Too bad this fight with Des Green isn't happening to measure it.

A rare Des Green sighting! I prefer not seeing him, to be honest. The guy just puts on the worst fights against whoever he's fighting! He drags them down to his level and sometimes beats them with experience.

Upon further inspection he's been arrested for driving without a license... AGAIN! It's probably for the wrong reasons, but I truly hope they lock him up for the rest of his viable athletic years.

Back