Actors that you did not recognize right away in films

Steve Carell in Foxcatcher
photo3.jpg

Didn't recognize Michael Biehn in Mandalorian season 2 at first, because it's been awhile.
Michael-Biehn-in-The-Mandalorian-and-Aliens.jpg

Harold Ramis in Year One. RIP.
harold-ramis-year-one.jpg

(Post GoT realization) Stephen Dillane aka Stannis the Mannis as Merlin in King Arthur 2004.
tumblr_p2ijhgEDpi1v8i2wuo3_640.gifv

Joel Edgerton in Exodus: Gods and Kings
Joel-Edgerton-Ramses-Exodus-Gods-and-Kings.jpg

Chris Pine in Smokin' Aces
MV5BNzU3MzQxMjctMzIyMS00MWZlLTg2NjAtNmU2NzA3NWUwYTFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

And if I'm being honest, Nicholas Hoult in Mad Max: Fury Road
nicholas-hoult-770x470.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely Tom Cruise in tropic thunder. Took at least two scenes for me to recognize him at first. Then I couldn’t not see it.

Lol , there was something I thought was familiar about him , when we got to the end of the film I said he reminded me of someone and my wife looked at me like I'd just admitted to liking sex with hedgehogs and went.." That was Tom Cruise..."

Watching the movie Zodiac I was pretty surprised when I realized one of the cops was Elias Koteas who played Casey Jones in the TNMT movie. And keeping with TNMT, not a movie, but my mind was fucking blown when I found out Uncle Phil was the voice of shredder in the TNMT cartoon.

The Rock as the main voice of this movie.....doesn’t sound anything like him.

just found out the CSI ginger guy is the same guy from rambo first blood... the police officer who was trying them to take it easy

How would you not recognize them when you know you’re going to go watch one of their movies?

<TheWire1>

Before I saw the credits, I didn't recognize Danny DeVito in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I was used to seeing him older and having less hair. I knew the voice was familiar, but couldn't place it until the credits.

The bad ass cowboy in Paramount's Yellowstone who has sexual relations with super hot naked Kelly Reilly, who is also the drug lord in 2 Fast 2 Furious.

just found out the CSI ginger guy is the same guy from rambo first blood... the police officer who was trying them to take it easy

Ah yea I saw that again recently, it was caruso

You mean the parking lot attendant who let Danny Devito steal Beetroot McKinley's car in Twins?
Twins-David-Caruso.jpg

Back