!! Adonis Garcia Warning Review !!

HandNoise

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was just about to pull the trigger on a pair of Noble NB-1’s the other day, But decided to wait for their updated batch. So I ended up going for these sadly...

These and some brown bag gloves were the only ones in stock. I had seen Danny Garcia training in some nice gloves with the cuffs in leopard spots, but could never make up what brand it was. Till I was surfing in the NV State Athletitic Comission website and stumbled accross the brand and further browsing lead to these said Garcia gloves.

There was one negative feedback on Youtube and the only post I found here was with @hangulmalmotayo also questioning about them. This was around 2016 so I said with guys like Garcia and Hurd using their gloves now a days who knows maybe they have improved since then. I crossed my fingers and shot away.

Details:

12oz Adonis Garcia Training Gloves
White and Grey
Lace Ups

The details read:
• Cowhide Leather Construction
• Hand Crafted
• Hand Stitched
• Multi Layered “Flex Evo Foam”

Price: $65 (always advertised at over $100)
Shipping: Almost $20 like 40 cents shy.

I ordered these on a Wednesday at around 12:00am and received a shipping confirmation email at around 8:00am. Received them on Friday so 2 full days. If their shipping was as on point as their gloves they’d be making top brands look like Title’s $40 infused foam gloves, but that’s sadly not the case.

I tried so hard to love these gloves. But they weren’t loving my hands back. Wish it could have been decent then I could carefully highlight all it’s features with better detail. But i’ll probably just break it down in 3 sections.

Quality/Craftsmanship
As you pick these gloves up you are instantly put off by how flimsy they look. They are very light not in a “well balanced” way but rather a cheap way. The material as in the padding and other areas all around give you like a solid plastic-ish feel. The smell is like a strong rubber chemical type of smell the same you might get from cheaper shoes off Walmart or Payless. I am not the most experienced guy with leather but try to educate myself as much as possible till I own better gloves and so on.The leather on this is suppose to be of Cowhide but the smell is very synthetic-like. I can’t identify too much with the pattern and texture and overall feel of the leather. It’s soft but has that hard glossy feel that gives it a cheap plastic look once you get up close and feel it out. At best it might be some medium grade, highly altered top grain leather sanded to a very thin layer. Unless it’s BS and it’s a hybrid. The padding is stiff as hell. Does not handle compression well and doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere in terms of breaking in and getting softer. You hit the bag and it’s like you had nothing on. Very hard, little protection. There were a lot of misses in the stiching although it’s “Hand Stitched”. The palm has the cheapest material of all, it’s paper thin and looks like it might rip with the smallest scratch. The padding on it is so soft and wrinkly it’s like it was stuffed with plastic shopping bags. The laces felt like off some trunks you just bought at Walmart. They both seemed almost even, maybe 4 inches apart. But one was so much more elastic than the other I could go around the glove an extra time, so one lace was from 14-18 inches longer than the other. The right glove weighted 10.2oz and the left glove weighted at 10.4oz. How is that for a pair of 12oz? It was said their newly discovered “Flex Evo Foam” might come in at a different weight than labeled they just didn’t say they would come in a whole different size, the both of them.

Fit/Feel
One of the only good things is the liner. It’s soft but immediately you feel the lack of construction. The cuff feels like it has cardboard in the inside. The thumb is extremely uncomfortable and when you make a fist the glove is built in a way your fist isn’t closed properly and your wrist flexes back atleast a half an inch instead of you being able to leave it straight. Thats a no no. Because of this wrist support is non existent and prone to injury. As if the thumb couldn’t get anymore uncomfortable, getting the gloves on with wraps and laced up is like getting ready for a friendly social session on the bag, I like my bag but when im going to put in work I don’t generally try to be friendly to it, that’s impossible with these because your hand is so stiff and making a fist is so hard it’s like your giving the bag a thumbs up the whole time. “Your okay bag, but taking hits is your purpose, nothing personal”. Like mentioned before there is little to no protection, in any area you’d expect.

Conclusion
I gave the gloves the benefit of the doubt. And wrapped up to do some rounds on the bag. 3 rounds was all I could do! Have a small issue in my middle left knuckle, this only acts up when using crappy gloves or gloves that are too stiff out the box. Never any issues on my right hand. At the end of 3 rounds keeping a fist had me in unbearable discomfort. Even my right hand that never gets sore had some pain running all the way back to the right side on my last to Metacarpal bones. After those 3 rounds the gloves were left with some marks and wear. I was surprised as to how with only 3 rounds? Curiosity kept calling me till I took one for the team the week after and wrapped with more cushion on the knuckles and did another 9 rounds to atleast complete 12 rounds. The first 3 rounds on the first attempt I banged it a bit hard a few times but the second time I had some rib pain and hooking was a bitch. So I went pretty light the whole time with sometimes throwing some harder hooks at maybe 70% power when my ribs permitted. My hands started to give out after 5, I spend the whole minute breaks opening and closing my hands and rotating my wrists. The marks got worse. The protection sucks and contributed to the pain but I think it was more of how you have to make a fist in these.

End Result/Personal Thoughts
This purchase really pushed my buttons to be honest. I saw a product, put faith in it and invested my money in it, and I got suckered. I got purposely suckered. Why do i say? There’s other companies trying to just gain a buck but I’ll tell you why feeling suckered stood out a bit more with this purchase. Like the owner of the brand didn’t looked enough like a weasel on camera for me to avoid. I should have picked up the warning signs and aborted. There’s many brands being made in Pakistan but one thing that’s true is, eventhough they don’t have much history manufacturing gloves in the sport. A guy with a design and a vision puts out a project and with all the experienced lacked some of us still get good pairs from gear made in Pakistan. It’s because responsible investors who want to build a name and not get bashed for a crappy product invest in good quality materials. There may be some gear with some misses in the construction area. But good quality materials speak for themselves and you get the idea and appreciate what an investor or new team/company is trying to do, and put hope in a better product in the future just based on their efforts and services. This guy on the other hand has these crappy paper plastic like gloves made in Pakistan but when you see his posts of the gear he has custom made for Pro Boxers, or when he uploads a post of his regular stock gear being donated in large quantities. The gloves all of a sudden have a smoother construction and what seems like a grainier smoother looking leather. No good. There you have it folks if you want to be friendly to the bag and let it break your hands, this is the glove to buy.

** Below I will place normal pics then label them by after 3 rounds, after 12 rounds, and post pics of the same brand when it’s offered to pros or for donation/marketing.**

Fresh out the package:

C4088964-23FA-4997-9B54-FC554CB26829.jpeg
B33B6908-23A5-40ED-8E50-E7EC251D202A.jpeg
0A37F4E0-A0DF-4486-8703-4C4760DD8501.jpeg
F8DFC54C-4A42-4CD1-A0E2-FC1F46BBA54F.jpeg
FDFDDD0B-FBD9-4953-BA6C-9DF5E238C705.jpeg
7572EF7D-2912-4414-9177-899F451F74C2.jpeg
15F5E651-01BC-4523-8F44-062C1D4DE6B3.jpeg
552EDA76-B4C2-4769-A896-09376B8CB8CC.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E79E5E6-1C42-4E68-B79A-C29B09A18447.jpeg
    1E79E5E6-1C42-4E68-B79A-C29B09A18447.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 2
  • BDC07CD8-7118-4B4C-BDD3-9FFF4B4DF88C.jpeg
    BDC07CD8-7118-4B4C-BDD3-9FFF4B4DF88C.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 2
  • 59768125-FA16-4237-BE14-B2D2C44C1BD3.jpeg
    59768125-FA16-4237-BE14-B2D2C44C1BD3.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 1
Just to be clear, you didn't like them, right?

fab review, hopefully people interested in the brand will google it and this will pop up, and they'll then know better than to waste their cash

Just to be clear, you didn't like them, right?

fab review, hopefully people interested in the brand will google it and this will pop up, and they'll then know better than to waste their cash

My first review on here thanks bro means a lot :D

No they were pretty terrible. Just the name and having a glove approved by the NV Comission you’d think they would be the real deal or putting a real effort but they were pretty bad, I tried hard to make it my little new found favorite but it didn’t work.

Btw I have to post the pics of the gloves made for Danny other pros and Donations but this started to act up pretty bad, and I had to leave it alone.

Last edited:
Here they are, it’s what got to me they look pretty decent compared to what I got.

54450E11-2E0F-40C6-8D68-3C833995EED9.jpeg 99881B89-3484-45BF-9990-640DAB319691.jpeg C98D1828-3C3D-4004-AF7C-A4369F7AC15B.jpeg 7CCAC7B5-AA99-4E4F-B4B1-828A13778675.jpeg 37F65B32-02FF-40D9-AB35-F07E84BA574E.jpeg 48DFC1EF-49FF-4FAD-ADB0-1990B89114A9.jpeg 49358168-0934-4710-B42F-5E34B8571C8E.jpeg

Pros wear/endorse all kinds of shit!! In Spain at the moment there's a brand that all the pros are wearing and they're endorsed by Sergio Maravilla Martínez. I think it might be his brand actually, but it's only in Spain so whatever.

Anyway, the point is from a distance they look nice with split thumbs and palm etc. And theyre worn on all the televised fights so you'd think they're like Grants or sth. I got my hands on a few pairs and while they're not shit per se, they're a very average Pakistani made glove. Thank fuck I didn't buy a pair before I saw then up close.

it seems like a lot of cheaper brands have started to work with more exotic looking materials like faux snakeskin and metallic leathers and with split thumbs etc, I guess they just copy/follow the trends

Pros wear/endorse all kinds of shit!! In Spain at the moment there's a brand that all the pros are wearing and they're endorsed by Sergio Maravilla Martínez. I think it might be his brand actually, but it's only in Spain so whatever.

Anyway, the point is from a distance they look nice with split thumbs and palm etc. And theyre worn on all the televised fights so you'd think they're like Grants or sth. I got my hands on a few pairs and while they're not shit per se, they're a very average Pakistani made glove. Thank fuck I didn't buy a pair before I saw then up close.
is that the "Rude Boys" brand?

it seems like a lot of cheaper brands have started to work with more exotic looking materials like faux snakeskin and metallic leathers and with split thumbs etc, I guess they just copy/follow the trends

is that the "Rude Boys" brand?

No, but rude boys are the same deal I'm talking about Tape and Wrap.

Great review.

To be fair most gloves cause some kind of hand pain or cramping so it's best to judge after they're broken in. That said, those gloves look really crappy.

Yeah I know what you mean, but they look pretty different though, this guy obviously drops a few more bucks on the material when it’s more convinient to him. The official fight gloves, and the ones I posted look like a whole different leather, a lot more buttery and smooth than the pairs I got.

When you put yourself in the sellers shoes you can definitely see it’s not impossible to put some more money on better leather and travel there or make a call and tell them to be extra careful with construction or you’ll have to send them back and tell them the gloves purpose etc. I can’t find the picture but there was a box full of stock gloves as a donation to kids, even those seemed to be turned up a notch in comparison. That’s a kind gesture but when you see the guy on Es News videos on YT it’s not hard to get a vibe off the guy.

Great review !
You can clearly see they were hand stiched...by a blind man lol

Thanks! Hehe I was going to make a similar joke but it was with missing fingers and plumbers... But I didn’t want to offend anyone lol. The stiching around the palm isn’t too bad it could of been a 6/10 in effort and because of other cleaner areas if only the stitching was a just a bit tighter.

There's a category of glove that a lot of people never go above and for that reason they are happy with pretty bad quality, not knowing any better. Then there are pros receiving money and free gear from the likes of Lonsdale in the UK and Rude boys in Spain, but in my experience they don't use them in the gym unless it's going on Instagram. They wear winnings, cletos, rivals etc.

Great review.

To be fair most gloves cause some kind of hand pain or cramping so it's best to judge after they're broken in. That said, those gloves look really crappy.

Thanks man! Yeah once you pick them up you can instantly feel the disappointment :(

I know I always expect a bit of soreness from any glove I just put on for the first time after some rounds on the bag, but these gloves the pain was almost unbearable because you punch while holding a thumbs up posture. I know for a fact making a fist in these does something to the hand that makes it much worse because the fist is so unnatural.

The padding was so stiff and cheap I don’t think it would get anywhere in terms of breaking in the only thing that might be doing some breaking is my hand or the glove itself hehe that’s why I pushed for the 12 rounds and stayed away. You just don’t get the quality foam feel that makes you figure it’s suitable for the bag and needs breaking in and what not.

There's a category of glove that a lot of people never go above and for that reason they are happy with pretty bad quality, not knowing any better. Then there are pros receiving money and free gear from the likes of Lonsdale in the UK and Rude boys in Spain, but in my experience they don't use them in the gym unless it's going on Instagram. They wear winnings, cletos, rivals etc.

Yeah you are probably right just maybe Danny Garcia uses them legit out of the bunch, the owner seems to get along well with him and although the videos go on social media he has quite a few and atleast 2 different custom pairs.

They look like Winning clones, made from a clone of a winning clone.

Back