Advice for nose injury?

Freddy Fisticuffs

Pugilist
@Blue
Reaction score
So i was doing some hard sparring these past few weeks, and i got hit in the nose a lot. I wasnt too worried, i got a bloody nose and felt congested, nothing too crazy. but i have not able to breath through my nose, its been two days since i last got hit in the nose and i was hoping it would have healed. Any advice on getting it to heal sooner, or maybe be able to train around this?

So i was doing some hard sparring these past few weeks, and i got hit in the nose a lot. I wasnt too worried, i got a bloody nose and felt congested, nothing too crazy. but i have not able to breath through my nose, its been two days since i last got hit in the nose and i was hoping it would have healed. Any advice on getting it to heal sooner, or maybe be able to train around this?

VISIT THE DOC, ASAP! DO NOT SEEK MEDICAL HELP ON THE INTERNET FORUM!

Stick your finger in both of your nostril holes.
If you cant go far back in one of them your septum is deviated.

Same shit happened to me with an elbow recently.
Don’t go to the doc nothing they can do lol

Get headgear with a facebar.

He's a mma fighter, not the best variant for them. I'd rather recommend mexican style or something with a face-mask.

456513161w800h640catalog9a991dd203a38aa9.jpg

62.jpg

He's a mma fighter, not the best variant for them. I'd rather recommend mexican style or something with a face-mask.

62.jpg

Anything that allows him to continue to train and minimizes the risk of breaking his nose. I have long painful personal experiences with a broken nose. I am a former boxer and have had two surgeries to allow me to breathe through my nose. You can’t fight with your mouth open. After I left the ring, my doctor told me to return for cosmetic reasons. My nose was visibly crooked. After my last surgery I could finally taste food again. I still spar and do not like gear with a facebar so I’m taking a chance. My son had a leaky nose and bled all over his gear and gloves during heavy sparring. He’s like me in that he disliked headgear with a facebar. I have 2 with facebars. One Everlast with C3 padding and a Winning FG-5000. I also bought a no-contact Palladium headgear for my son. He has no choice but to wear it because he has a fight in 3 weeks and still spars 2 times a week at this phase of his camp. But it allows him to keep training. Yes, you give up vision for protection. All the pros at our gym use headgear with facebars. It’s smart when there’s money on the line. Actually it’s smart for a 57 year old former fighter whose reaction time is not what it used to be.

Have you tried going back in time and learning to block? If so please share how to with me because I've got a massive nose that people love to punch xD
I've seen face savers work for most people but for me they always gave me more trouble, I've possible got a weird shaped head? Lol. If they were tight enough to stay in place I'd get headaches even when not really hit that much, or I'd be wearing a facesaver because of the massive shots I'd be taking and I'd have headaches from that. Or the best one ever was when I wore it a little loose and the bar of the face saver was punched into my nose, giving the inside a nice red paint job.
I always get hit less in minimalist headgear because I can see more, read the shots, and respond properly.
I think when you wear big headgear your partner can also get a false sense of your safety and can end up hitting harder than they would otherwise.
I reckon head gear with a mask would have done me well, but I still haven't used one yet!

62.jpg

Anything that allows him to continue to train and minimizes the risk of breaking his nose. I have long painful personal experiences with a broken nose. I am a former boxer and have had two surgeries to allow me to breathe through my nose. You can’t fight with your mouth open. After I left the ring, my doctor told me to return for cosmetic reasons. My nose was visibly crooked. After my last surgery I could finally taste food again. I still spar and do not like gear with a facebar so I’m taking a chance. My son had a leaky nose and bled all over his gear and gloves during heavy sparring. He’s like me in that he disliked headgear with a facebar. I have 2 with facebars. One Everlast with C3 padding and a Winning FG-5000. I also bought a no-contact Palladium headgear for my son. He has no choice but to wear it because he has a fight in 3 weeks and still spars 2 times a week at this phase of his camp. But it allows him to keep training. Yes, you give up vision for protection. All the pros at our gym use headgear with facebars. It’s smart when there’s money on the line. Actually it’s smart for a 57 year old former fighter who reaction time is not what it used to be.
Have you tried going back in time and learning to block? If so please share how to with me because I've got a massive nose that people love to punch xD
I've seen face savers work for most people but for me they always gave me more trouble, I've possible got a weird shaped head? Lol. If they were tight enough to stay in place I'd get headaches even when not really hit that much, or I'd be wearing a facesaver because of the massive shots I'd be taking and I'd have headaches from that. Or the best one ever was when I wore it a little loose and the bar of the face saver was punched into my nose, giving the inside a nice red paint job.
I always get hit less in minimalist headgear because I can see more, read the shots, and respond properly.
I think when you wear big headgear your partner can also get a false sense of your safety and can end up hitting harder than they would otherwise.
I reckon head gear with a mask would have done me well, but I still haven't used one yet!
Let me tell you about learning to parry. I’m really good at catching shots. I also wear 20oz Everlast MX gloves. My son is a undefeated middleweight and I spar with him anywhere from 4-8 rounds in this camp depending on whether there are others sparring with us. My son can really swat. He’s known for his punching power as he has the 3rd most stoppages in his weight class. He threw a jab at me about 2 weeks ago. I caught it right before it would have hit me on the Everlast label. The punch drove my glove into my nose—-which started bleeding like I was stabbed. That’s what we get for having big European noses in the boxing game. LOL

Thanks for the help guys, my nose has been healing and i have found that sometimes i can breath through one nostril at one point but later it switches to the other, so im assuming it isnt anything like a deviated septum so im happy. This is the first time ive had any kind of nose injury, so im optimistic that it wont happen that often.

Back