AEW is awful lol

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was excited about AEW starting and hoping it could bring me back into pro wrestling after I stopped watching after my favourite wrestler Chris Benoit went retarded.

Sad to say this this shit is just embarrassing. The action is sloppy and botch filled, the booking makes absolutely no sense and the gimmicks are terrible.

I generally thought Jim Cornette was an old fuddy duddy who was out of touch, but he's right on the money with his criticisms. Tony Khan is a money mark who is just happy to hang around with his heroes, and can't say no to anything.

Their HW champ gets dropped by a 5'2" 115lb kid and has to beg the kid not to beat him up, lol smh how does anyone watch this shit?

The young bucks like to f*ck.

Did you see the ring explosion match with Moxley and Omega? That was an embarrassment and it really shows that WWE was correct in not letting Moxley do any of his ideas.

You can hear the contempt in J.R. and Tony Schiavone’s voices sometimes when they call matches. J.R. made some AEW wrestlers mad for calling out their antics a few months ago. People working for AEW realize there are major problems.

It's not a very good weekly show but if you watch enough they have some great matches. Darby vs Brian Cage for example was awesome. The hardcore women's match was a spectacle.

I think they need to make some major changes but it does have some content worth watching.

Did you see the ring explosion match with Moxley and Omega? That was an embarrassment and it really shows that WWE was correct in not letting Moxley do any of his ideas.

You can hear the contempt in J.R. and Tony Schiavone’s voices sometimes when they call matches. J.R. made some AEW wrestlers mad for calling out their antics a few months ago. People working for AEW realize there are major problems.
It wasn't Mox's idea though.

Sadly I think a lot of this stupid shit they do was an inevitable byproduct of millenial and gen Z fuckery. We're even seeing it now with MMA with shitheads like sterling. Someone pointed out on this forum or another (can't remember) that the wrestlers of the past weren't particularly pro wrestling fans who had big star aspirations or were nerdy know it all smarks. But were mostly social outsiders like David Schultz, Stan Hansen, etc. or legitimate wrestlers like Dr Death Steve Williams, Jack Brisco, Danny Hodge who entered the business because we all now that wrestling doesn't feed mouths and needed an income to help provide for themselves or family. This is why they had so much respect and integrity for the business because this wasn't some fanboy dream they were fulfilling, this was their livelihood. They weren't out there trying to earn 5 star matches or make a bunch of incels happy. Due to this they brought in a different mindset of toughness, ruggedness, and knew they weren't experts in the business field so they understood their place in the industry. Now you got shitheads like the Young Bucks and a bunch of other weak betas who think they know everything and cry at any form of criticism.

That being said, I do enjoy AEW and they have some awesome moments from time to time, but their booking is definitely all over the goddamn place.

Last edited:
grSwgMQ.png

Don't watch then!

I feel like AEW got off to a decent start (especially in retrospect compared to now) but things started to go south a few weeks into the pandemic. The Jericho vs Cassidy stuff was real jump the shark material.

Ratings seem to be in decline post Revolution but I think recent episodes of Dynamite have been a bit better. There's still a lot of bullshit, though, and they managed to completely kill off the momentum Omega came to AEW with. That's gone and never coming back. I went to Japan to see his last match in NJPW and now he's a walking piss break to me. Khan is not a good booker.

Shaq vanishing from the ambulance the other week kind of summarises AEW as a company. What was the need for it? There have been so many one-week angles with no real pay off. Penta vs Cody was another which went nowhere. Then you have Marko Stunt getting kidnapped by FTR and it's resolved the next week when Jungle Boy is interviewed and he says "Oh yeah, he's fine." The writing can be really bad.

But I'm still watching right now and things have been looking up a little. Hopefully they're not hot-shotting this stable stuff. NJPW is my main thing and Dynamite is at least good for breaking things up a little.

One of the reasons I stopped watching MMA is because it became a platform for worshipping manboyism. I can't honestly say the same doesn't apply to AEW.

Back