Media Aleks Emelianenko's emotional post today

I echo this sentiment, I think people who brand someone inherently and forever evil because of a conviction have never actually interacted with someone in the prison system before. To hate on a man who’s only wish on his birthday is to spend time with his family is cold.
I understand why people feel the way they do. It takes perspective to adjust the line of thinking, perspective that many will never reach. And that is fine. There are people like us who can see a different angle, be a bit more understanding.

To me it is better to celebrate a man's remorse and willingness to change, rather than dwell on his past and what he did wrong. Build up instead of hold down. Again, though, I understand why a lot of people don't.

Only someone from a privileged background would say this. You know nothing of this world.

1 year for raping someone really is a slap on the wrist when the maximum is something like 25 years and the sentencing for this is closer to 150 months on average.

You sound like you know fuck all about this world yourself.

Bruh he made a mistake. Have you never made a mistake in your life? Sometimes I've forgotten to take my wallet to the store. It's like that except instead of a wallet it's a penis and instead of a store it's forcing it inside someone against their will

This is dumb as fuck, but also hilarious lol. Well played.

Would never guess Aleks to be a social media guy. At 1.1 million followers as well. Huh.

tumblr_oaug7jcaQG1qd4esao1_500.gif

YKsRo9.gif

I have always backed Fedor 100 percent. I always got the sense that Fedor had a love and mainly hate relationship with his brother. But Fedor ultimately has no control of what Aleks does with his time. He has made some very bad choices, That probably dissapoint Fedor greatly. War Fedor. War Alex.

haha the guy who beat the shit out of him is Magomed Ismailov, who calls himself Maga as a nickname

Obviously has a different meaning in USA which is why I capitalized it :D

Thanks for explaining, I had wondered the same thing.

I just watched the fight and Jesus what a mangling!

Exactly. You can regret and repent all you want and change your ways but that doesn't undo the permanent damage that's been done. While serving is a deserving punishment, that doesn't fix anything either if the person wants to make amends. It's always tough, because a person might want to change, but eventually may go back to their original instincts.
There is no amends for rape.

You can pay back a debt or make restitution for damage or theft. Rape is permanently damaging someone for no justifiable reason, just pure evil, selfishness, animalistic inability to control basic primal instincts, which is effectively an inability to be a sentient member of society.

Nothing will ever make that right.

While I do think what Aleks did to the woman he held captive was a terrible, terrible thing, I do believe that while it will never go away, the woman's life was forever changed, and he has to live with those burdens until he dies, every man deserves a chance to rebound from things they've done and who they were. It is a very hard stance to have, bc what about child molesters? Murderers? I understand completely and totally why people aren't so forgiving.

I probably met rapists while i was in prison, I'd have never known it, they don't reveal their true convictions. I was good friends with murderers though, every single one of whom held true remorse for what they'd done. While this isn't true of all murderers, I'm absolutely sure, the ones I knew held a massive amount of regret for who they were and what they'd done. They tend to be very introspective people, and understand that they've affected countless lives by their actions, and have to live with the fact that they can't take it back.

I won't sit here and apologize for anyone who commits an unforgivable crime, but I certainly believe people can change and should be allowed to move forward. It seems to me that Aleks has remorse for the way his life has gone and what he's done, and that in and of itself isn't always so easy for people who have committed those kinds of crimes.

No, I don't agree with what he did, it was horrific and inexcusable, but I certainly hope that his family will accept him back into their lives. If he wants to be a different person than he was, being with his family is probably a good way to make that a reality.
I respectfully disagree with the idea that all crimes/criminals should be dealt a second chance.

1- some people are not capable of being members of a civilized society. There is no place in society for those who would harm the innocent. Those who harm children deserve no second chance, honestly I don't even think they deserve to live in jail. They should be put down. Period.

2- *Rape is similar in this regard. It is an act of pure evil. There is no justification. No circumstantial mitigating factors. It is a willful act of violence which does permanent harm and takes away the victims right to peace, to feeling safe, takes their innocence.

I can see reason for sympathy and a right to a second chance for murder. I can even recognize scenarios where murder wouldn't even be "wrong" such as killing someone who would harm others or enact enslavement or tyranny on others. But rape is different. I can't see how that is anything but evil nor can I see why it is deserving of forgiveness or it could be made right, regardless of punishment or any later action.

* Asterisk to clarify actual rape and not someone wrongfully accused by a wicked female trying to ruin a man's life. And to note that this makes this a complicated issue in regards to assessing appropriate punishment.

That’s gut wrenching. As we age we realize that the most important thing in life is family. Sometimes it takes years of ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises to get the message. But in the end all that we have is our loved ones. Money is important but the best things in life money cannot buy. Please remember this sherbros. If you are not speaking to a loved one right now, reach out and tell them you love them while you can. Because nothing hurts more than the day in which you won’t be able to anymore.

Amen

I respectfully disagree with the idea that all crimes/criminals should be dealt a second chance.

1- some people are not capable of being members of a civilized society. There is no place in society for those who would harm the innocent. Those who harm children deserve no second chance, honestly I don't even think they deserve to live in jail. They should be put down. Period.

2- *Rape is similar in this regard. It is an act of pure evil. There is no justification. No circumstantial mitigating factors. It is a willful act of violence which does permanent harm and takes away the victims right to peace, to feeling safe, takes their innocence.

I can see reason for sympathy and a right to a second chance for murder. I can even recognize scenarios where murder wouldn't even be "wrong" such as killing someone who would harm others or enact enslavement or tyranny on others. But rape is different. I can't see how that is anything but evil nor can I see why it is deserving of forgiveness or it could be made right, regardless of punishment or any later action.

* Asterisk to clarify actual rape and not someone wrongfully accused by a wicked female trying to ruin a man's life. And to note that this makes this a complicated issue in regards to assessing appropriate punishment.
I respect your opinion. I stated more than once in this thread that I understand the stance.

I respect your opinion. I stated more than once in this thread that I understand the stance.
Fair enough.

I agree that MOST convicts deserve a second chance at life.

But there are a few thing which I don't think deserve forgiveness.

Our prison system is a hot mess and in major need of reform. Congrats for making it out and making another go of it. I wish you the best of luck making the most of life and hope you never go back.

WTF...I've been watching MMA for 15+ years and never knew there was a third brother.

Fair enough.

I agree that MOST convicts deserve a second chance at life.

But there are a few thing which I don't think deserve forgiveness.

Our prison system is a hot mess and in major need of reform. Congrats for making it out and making another go of it. I wish you the best of luck making the most of life and hope you never go back.
I appreciate it bud.

There is definitely some glaring problems with the system. Fortunately, some states are listening to their citizens and making changes with their criminal justice systems. Time will tell if more states follow suit.

Keeping people out of prison may not fix all of the problems, but people with drug and alcohol problems especially need some kind of help, whether they go to prison or not. Keeping men with those kinds of problems free, giving them a chance to right themselves and keep their families together is a step in the right direction. One thing I noted while I was away is that many of the men who had been thrown in repeatedly for drugs or alcohol had kids who were beginning to do the same thing. Prison isn't going to help families in these cases, they need the problem fixed, not treated. Hopefully more states start offering or mandating treatment for drug and alcohol offenders, and not bullshit treatments like I got in prison, real programs with the genuine goal of helping people get their lives back. This country needs to get serious about not sweeping problems under the rug and doing it's best to fix them. We'll see.

Back