Media Alex Pereira TKO Jiří Procházka GIFS

Am I tripping or are these not 12-6 elbows to the back of the head no less? Also obviously early stoppage its not even debatable

Look to be coming in from the side to the temple to me.

I think its the kind of situation were sometimes you might see Alex having to land 1-2 more shots from the mount to actually end it but the stoppage itself doesnt look bad.

The big issue with the crowds reactions is IMHO that its not really obvious how well Alex lands on him prior to that, the hook is a bit easier to see but the uppercut which drops Jiri isnt and it almost looks like Jiri is just dropping down for the takedown.

His hands go limp as he falls backwards, then he wakes up again. It was not a bad stoppage, but not a clear one either
The ref probably wasnt expecting him to wake up as soon as he hit the ground, Poatan was hitting him all the way down. He just saw him go limp and decided to call it. Still could have let it go a few seconds more, Jiri is a crazy mofo and has come back from worse.

You can literally see him pull Alex behind the knees as they fall, but 12 year olds up past their bedtime will tell you he went limp
Pull him into full mount? And releasing his clasped hands from behind Alex’s legs? Wat.

I didn't watch the fight yet, but watching the gifs look at Jiri's hands when Alex lands the left hook. They're down low at his sides. Pretty sloppy.

Last edited:
I was surprised at how many people thought Jiri's unorthodox style would cause Alex problems.

Back