• Alexander Volkanovski

• Max Holloway

Results are only viewable after voting.

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
20191214110437_GettyImages1194022645.JPG

UFC 251 will take place on June 6 in Perth, Australia, and Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway 2 is expected to headline.

The UFC did not announce any fights for the event, but it is expected that the main event of the evening will see Volkanovski take on Holloway in the rematch after the two previously locked horns at UFC 245 in December.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...ovski-vs-max-holloway-2-expected-to-headline/

<{you!}>

I would rather see some fresh matchups

BUT Max was a long time champion so I guess he does deserve a rematch

<41>

<{you!}>

I would rather see some fresh matchups

BUT Max was a long time champion so I guess he does deserve a rematch

<41>
He certainly does as the rest have received a rematch for much less.
As a fan of his I hoped he'd take another fight first because he doesn't look like he had much for Volkanovski and with 2 losses to the champ he'd be in a bad spot in the division

I'm shocked to see why that surprised a lot of people. Was clear from the minute the fight ended they're gonna go that route. It doesn't help that noone in the division has clear case to fight for the title next. The UFC has to make a clear cut no.1 contender fight before 251 so we can finally get the fresh matchups.

shit. hopefully one gets sick
This. Why is the UFC so eager to ruin champions the second they lose their belts? Get a fresh guy for Volk, get a rebound fight for Max, it isnt rocket science...smh.

This. Why is the UFC so eager to ruin champions the second they lose their belts? Get a fresh guy for Volk, get a rebound fight for Max, it isnt rocket science...smh.
I don't like it. The 1st fight wasn't great. Volk is just a work horse with nothing exciting to look forward to. Max couldn't do his routine, act like a punching bag until the person gases. I don't even know the log jam at the top or who's in the lead.
KZ
Zabit
Ortega needs another win
Yair probably 1 more
Keep Frankie far away from any more shots
Emmett / Burgos / Allen should be getting close to eliminators

Immediate rematches for clear cut victories make zero sense. Now Volkanovski has to beat Holloway twice in a row before moving on, whereas Holloway just has to go 1 from 2.

Korean Zombie deserves the shot.

*edit*
KZ is injured.

Last edited:
I'm probably just going to echo others. Don't care for it, but it's not as if there's a healthy, concise #1 who's getting burned here. I just hope they get things sorted out and get the division back on track.

Meh, about the least interesting fight they could do. Unnecessary instant rematch, let them both take another fight and then maybe rematch if they both win.

Immediate rematches for clear cut victories make zero sense. Now Volkanovski has to beat Holloway twice in a row before moving on, whereas Holloway just has to go 1 from 2.

Korean Zombie deserves the shot.
I just don't know how someone justifies KZ when Yair defeated him and hasn't lost since.

It was to be expected but not pumped for this fight really. Will still watch and be pumped like the day off. But it's not a keen excitement build up

This card is going to need a sexy 3rd wheel, similar to what 238 got last year with Tony/Cerrone.

Gaethje or Poirier vs Hooker would fit the bill. Maybe Sterling vs Yan too. The 2 title fights don't really move my needle.

My dream card for this.

Volk vs Max 2
Zhang vs Joanna
Both sound close to confirmed.

Whittaker vs Till
Hooker vs Poirier.

Prelims - Crute, Ridell, Matthews

My dream card for this.

Volk vs Max 2
Zhang vs Joanna
Both sound close to confirmed.

Whittaker vs Till
Hooker vs Poirier.

Prelims - Crute, Ridell, Matthews

Love it. Would also like Kai Kara and maybe the winner of that eternal mma tournament .. completely forgot his name tho

I'm not interested in it, and it seems like it would be rushing volkanovski's hand recovery, but I'm sure he wants to fight at home

They need a headliner and Max is the biggest name.

Volkanovski v Holloway
Shevchenko v Calderwood
Whittaker v Till
Porier v Hooker
Tuivasa v Tafa

Book it, Dana

Back