News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway 2 expected to headline UFC 251

Who wins the rematch?

• Alexander Volkanovski

• Max Holloway

Results are only viewable after voting.
ok this fight does not need to happen.... I get rematches when the fight is close, heck even if it's edged out by one guy clearly I don't mind it. but when one guy gets beat as bad as he did, he needs to at least win another big fight. it's way too easy these days to be champ.

Max did not get beat really badly and faced

Aldo
Ortega
Poirier
Edgar
Volk

As champ, how is that easy.

Should have a voting option for "don't want or care about immediate rematches for fights without controversial endings."

Max kinda deserves it on paper since he was riding a 14-win streak at FW before losing the belt. I mean, if Stipe gets a rematch after getting KO'd in the first round, it would be logical to give Max a second chance as well.

I'm not too excited about this fight, but not complaining either. It's pretty fair.

Volk is better than Aldo
No way dude, he's not even a lifelong martial srtist. I'm Aussie and a Volk fan, he comes from rugby and just an amazing athlete, he can get tapped or caught on the feet, his game is only like 5 years deep

Putting it as plainly as "Yair finished him in a competitive fight" lacks zero context. You admit that the finishing elbow was a fluke, which it was, but the time he landed it was just as flukey, if not flukier. For one, Yair and KZ had simultaneously stopped fighting seconds from the end in a moment of sportsmanship, and only resumed their engagement when the ref told them to continue fighting. Left to their own devices, the fight would've ended in a decision. Because they weren't, KZ got knocked out with one measly second left. KZ was in fact officially up on the scorecards, so idk how the specific strikes Yair landed up to that point, i.e. the five spinning elbows, are relevant. My point is that this loss detracts much less, if anything, from his resume compared to what a normal one would, given the fact that a fight he was about to win ending like this is beyond, both in method and time, an aberration.

Detroying Moicano and Edgar, who were ranked higher they are now, carries significantly more weight than anything anybody else in the division has done recently. KZ was also scheduled to fight Ortega too before Brian pulled out. No idea how the guy isn't in the #2 contender slot rn. With his only significant win being a decision over Aldo, I'd argue that Volkanovski had done less to earn his shot than what KZ has done now.

Dude... stop. KZ is 3 wins from his last 5 fights. He was also stopped twice.

Volk went 7 - 0 in before his title shot. Knocking off Mendes and aldo in Brazil .

I get it you think he deserves the shot but you hamper your own argument with statements like Volk did less than kz to get the title shot come on now.

Not to mention Volk travelling to Canada to be backup in case Frankie or max didn't make the fight.. despite clearly being the no 1 contender at the time.

Reckon kz would travel to Australia and cut the weight on the off chance max fails to make weight? ( or volk )

BS rematch. The Aussie Macedonian needs to fight KZ!

Back