All Time GOAT poll

Agree. It’s obvious that the ballot box is stuffed, and the fighter who is #2 on the poll is the true #1. ;)

Fedro kids doin the same shit, my dude.

How many are yours? lol

Not sure you can call Jones incredible record as taking a beating.
I believe he got beat in his last 2 fights and maybe in the first Gus fight. Jones was truly great but only the Beebs took zero damage and administered all of the beatings. It can’t even be argued.

I believe he got beat in his last 2 fights and maybe in the first Gus fight. Jones was truly great but only the Beebs took zero damage and administered all of the beatings. It can’t even be argued.

But didn't do it over a sustained period and across generations. Hard to claim you are the goat when your second best win is Conor at LW who has been proven to be hopeless at LW and you don't have many defenses.

But didn't do it over a sustained period and across generations. Hard to claim you are the goat when your second best win is Conor at LW who has been proven to be hopeless at LW and you don't have many defenses.
It isn’t the wins, it is the lack of losses . Any belt holder in the UFC with no losses is a candidate for goat. To do it in the toughest weight class and taking no damage ….he gets my vote.

It isn’t the wins, it is the lack of losses . Any belt holder in the UFC with no losses is a candidate for goat. To do it in the toughest weight class and taking no damage ….he gets my vote.

You realise his record is super padded right?

You realise his record is super padded right?
If you are referring to the fights in his native country of Dagestan where he to turned pro at 19 then all I can say is in the last few years most of us have grown to respect the abilities of Dagestani wrestling.
Beating up Dagestanis is not that easy whether you know their names or not. In the UFC he was dodged by everybody and anybody that did sign took a beating.

If you are referring to the fights in his native country of Dagestan where he to turned pro at 19 then all I can say is in the last few years most of us have grown to respect the abilities of Dagestani wrestling.
Beating up Dagestanis is not that easy whether you know their names or not. In the UFC he was dodged by everybody and anybody that did sign took a beating.

You mean like when 11-0 khabib was fighting an 0-2 fighter, or the next fight 12-0 Khabib fights a 1-1 fighter. I give you 13-0 Khabib wasn't a complete joke with the guy being 5-2, but back to true padding form 14-0 Khabib takes on a guy on debut! I challenge you to find a more padded run for a fighter 11-0 to 15-0, I can't think of any.

Even in the UFC he was gifted the belt v Raging Al who was like 3rd or 4th in line of those available on the card and wasn't anywhere near a title shot.

If you can't accept that is a padded record I don't know what is. While 14-0 Khabib is fighting a guy on debut, Jones is fighting prime Rua and Rampage at the same number of fights.

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

GSP

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.

for me they are number ONE in their weight class.

THE GOATS BY WEIGHT:

FEDOR
JONES
SILVA
GSP
PENN
ALDO
CRUZ
DJ

You mean like when 11-0 khabib was fighting an 0-2 fighter, or the next fight 12-0 Khabib fights a 1-1 fighter. I give you 13-0 Khabib wasn't a complete joke with the guy being 5-2, but back to true padding form 14-0 Khabib takes on a guy on debut! I challenge you to find a more padded run for a fighter 11-0 to 15-0, I can't think of any.

Even in the UFC he was gifted the belt v Raging Al who was like 3rd or 4th in line of those available on the card and wasn't anywhere near a title shot.

If you can't accept that is a padded record I don't know what is. While 14-0 Khabib is fighting a guy on debut, Jones is fighting prime Rua and Rampage at the same number of fights.
Khabib was in Dagestan . Jones is a American . The UFC is a American corporation . Khabib’s early record is irrelevant as de did not lose. Many other fighters had a loss ( like Ferg to a unknown fighter on the way up.) Since he has been in the UFC he has fought anybody willing to sign.
Jones didn’t fight prime Rua or prime any other big name with the exception of a near 40 year old Cormier fighting in the wrong weight class.

Khabib was in Dagestan . Jones is a American . The UFC is a American corporation . Khabib’s early record is irrelevant as de did not lose. Many other fighters had a loss ( like Ferg to a unknown fighter on the way up.) Since he has been in the UFC he has fought anybody willing to sign.
Jones didn’t fight prime Rua or prime any other big name with the exception of a near 40 year old Cormier fighting in the wrong weight class.

If you are claiming Jones didn't fight anyone good, then surely you can't claim Khabib did when LW Conor who has shown to be awful at LW (and in his Conor's LW losses Khabib was the only one he was able to win a round v) is Khabib's second best win. You must be really down on Khabib's quality of opposition if you this negative on Jones.

If you are claiming Jones didn't fight anyone good, then surely you can't claim Khabib did when LW Conor who has shown to be awful at LW (and in his Conor's LW losses Khabib was the only one he was able to win a round v) is Khabib's second best win. You must be really down on Khabib's quality of opposition if you this negative on Jones.
155 is just a tougher division . Jones is like 6’5 and 225 lbs. Anyone with that frame has a choice of playing any professional sport they want and for much more money and less damage . At 5’10 and 155 lbs you aren’t playing pro basketball , football or almost anything but MMA. The greatest athletes at Jones size aren’t in MMA as it doesn’t pay enough and has a shorter shelf life . So the competition is weaker. At HW it is abysmal. At 155 , 145 and135 is is ferocious.
I love Jones, don’t get me wrong, but the king of 155> the king of 205 IMO.

155 is just a tougher division . Jones is like 6’5 and 225 lbs. Anyone with that frame has a choice of playing any professional sport they want and for much more money and less damage . At 5’10 and 155 lbs you aren’t playing pro basketball , football or almost anything but MMA. The greatest athletes at Jones size aren’t in MMA as it doesn’t pay enough and has a shorter shelf life . So the competition is weaker. At HW it is abysmal. At 155 , 145 and135 is is ferocious.
I love Jones, don’t get me wrong, but the king of 155> the king of 205 IMO.

I disagree totally about your thoughts on LW athletes not having many other high paying choices in sports. The average height of the 20 greatest fifa footballers of all time is 5'10. There are plenty of sports where being 5'10 isn't a bad size for an athlete including contact sports like Rugby depending on your position. I would argue there is more competition for them in other sports (due to it being a more typical size of a person) which leads to more people who can't succeed in other sports ending in UFC.

The LHW division isn't that strong currently, but when Jones started clearing it out was far stronger than LW. I think LW is over rated a bit because of the Conor factor. Doesn't feel that deep to me when Islam can get a title shot with wins over Bobby Green and Dan Hooker. It wasn't that deep when Khabib was champion considered his 4 championship fights included a FW, a guy who only got a shot thru desperation to save an event, a striker who has shown he struggles with elite wrestling. Not saying they weren't the fights to make at the time, but they are certainly not stronger than what Jones has had in his run.

I mean come on you clutching at straws calling Jones opposition weak. Machida, Evans, Rampage, Bader, Belfort, Sonnen, Rua, Tex, DC etc etc It is a who is who of UFC hall of fame or future hall of famers.

I disagree totally about your thoughts on LW athletes not having many other high paying choices in sports. The average height of the 20 greatest fifa footballers of all time is 5'10. There are plenty of sports where being 5'10 isn't a bad size for an athlete including contact sports like Rugby depending on your position. I would argue there is more competition for them in other sports (due to it being a more typical size of a person) which leads to more people who can't succeed in other sports ending in UFC.

The LHW division isn't that strong currently, but when Jones started clearing it out was far stronger than LW. I think LW is over rated a bit because of the Conor factor. Doesn't feel that deep to me when Islam can get a title shot with wins over Bobby Green and Dan Hooker. It wasn't that deep when Khabib was champion considered his 4 championship fights included a FW, a guy who only got a shot thru desperation to save an event, a striker who has shown he struggles with elite wrestling. Not saying they weren't the fights to make at the time, but they are certainly not stronger than what Jones has had in his run.

I mean come on you clutching at straws calling Jones opposition weak. Machida, Evans, Rampage, Bader, Belfort, Sonnen, Rua, Tex, DC etc etc It is a who is who of UFC hall of fame or future hall of famers.
Great names on a resume is what Jones and Ferg have but almost all way past prime . As far as sports go, I don’t know what rugby pays outside of the US but here we have 3 billionaires from sports all were from basketball . Soccer is certainly a huge sport globally but in the US if you you aren’t big you are fighting for a living .

Great names on a resume is what Jones and Ferg have but almost all way past prime . As far as sports go, I don’t know what rugby pays outside of the US but here we have 3 billionaires from sports all were from basketball . Soccer is certainly a huge sport globally but in the US if you you aren’t big you are fighting for a living .

There are heaps of players in MLS (which is the backwater of soccer) earning 5million+ a season. The average player in the MLS is 312K a season. Seems much more profitable for an athlete to be in MLS(and you don't have to pay your trainers) than UFC except for the edge cases like Conor. Some US soccer players have moved to big leagues overseas and earned a fortune. The top rugby players would earn millions a year when taking into account club, representative and endorsements. But there is loads of other sports which are options for a good 5'10 athlete.

But yeah the NBA pay is insane! That doesn't mean there aren't other options. Comparing UFC pay to NBA is a bit silly. The average UFC yearly pay is 160K (before you take away deductions for camp/corner/manger). When you take into account costs the average UFC pay is likely about a third of the average MLS pay... Think about that. Getting hit in the face is worth a third of playing football in a no name league.

There are heaps of players in MLS (which is the backwater of soccer) earning 5million+ a season. The average player in the MLS is 312K a season. Seems much more profitable for an athlete to be in MLS(and you don't have to pay your trainers) than UFC except for the edge cases like Conor. Some US soccer players have moved to big leagues overseas and earned a fortune. The top rugby players would earn millions a year when taking into account club, representative and endorsements. But there is loads of other sports which are options for a good 5'10 athlete.

But yeah the NBA pay is insane! That doesn't mean there aren't other options. Comparing UFC pay to NBA is a bit silly. The average UFC yearly pay is 160K (before you take away deductions for camp/corner/manger). When you take into account costs the average UFC pay is likely about a third of the average MLS pay... Think about that. Getting hit in the face is worth a third of playing football in a no name league.
This is my point . Fighting , at least here in the US is a sport of last resorts. The average fighter in the US is broke , living in a trailer park dreaming of getting a contract to fight in the UFC. If you have the size , speed and athleticism that exceeds Jon Jones you can make so much more right out of high school . The American football player on the offensive line averages over 300 lbs. The average pay is $15,000,000 dollars a year for a top 50 player. Basketball is much more. The biggest and best athletes in the US aren’t working for the UFC but the truly great 155 pound wrestlers absolutely are.

This is my point . Fighting , at least here in the US is a sport of last resorts. The average fighter in the US is broke , living in a trailer park dreaming of getting a contract to fight in the UFC. If you have the size , speed and athleticism that exceeds Jon Jones you can make so much more right out of high school . The American football player on the offensive line averages over 300 lbs. The average pay is $15,000,000 dollars a year for a top 50 player. Basketball is much more. The biggest and best athletes in the US aren’t working for the UFC but the truly great 155 pound wrestlers absolutely are.

Who are this truly great 155 pound US wrestlers you are referring too Khabib's case. Healy? Horcher? All I see is strikers when it comes to his most significant opponents.

Who are this truly great 155 pound US wrestlers you are referring too Khabib's case. Healy? Horcher? All I see is strikers when it comes to his most significant opponents.
The average MMA athlete in the US comes from a wrestling background . Virtually all of them. You need to train BJJ, kickboxing and a little boxing as well . If you research almost any American MMA fighter they will have to have a ground game to even be considered by the UFC and if you don’t have wrestling credentials you will find it almost impossible to get signed these days. The top 15 LW in the UFC ‘s rankings every American in those rankings wrestled in High school or college. The exception was Poirier because he dropped out of school before high school.

Sure, I agree. As long as Anderson Silva fans don't then try to have it both ways.

Anderson beat Saku in 2001 and Newton in 2003 and then lost to Takase in 2003, Chonan in 2004, and Okami in 2006.

Many Anderson fans argue for his big WW wins to count in his GOAT considerations and then his MW run while saying those losses should not count against him as that was not in his Prime and GOAT is about his Prime run.

Well then the WW fights don't count. Or they do, and the losses count too.
In GOAT status discussions... everything "counts".... of ALL TIME

Back