Always Be Ready: An Urban Guide To Legal Weapons Use Episode 1

Bit of spare time between 'missions'?
Pardon my interjection here but perhaps you & your posts would be taken more seriously if you'd calm down with the hostility & attitude. As has already been pointed out here previously, you're the one who seems to want an adversarial experience here.
And, going back to the subject of this thread, since when has a bo staff been considered an "improvised weapon"? I'm not disagreeing with how effective they can be in the right hands. I just fail to see how they can be considered an improvised weapon for a person to use in a self-defense situation. I mean, who walks around in their everyday lives carrying a bo staff?

I'm just saying that after a lifetime of being involved in the martial arts & combat sports as well as some training in military-type hand to hand combatives, I feel like I have enough knowledge to know what is & what isn't an improvised weapon. With, of course, "improvised" being the operative word. Said weapon being some innocuous object that wouldn't be viewed as a threat but which can cause pain & damage during a violent confrontation. An umbrella, a heavy flashlight, anything that can cause blunt force trauma or be used as an edged weapon. We've all been through the lessons, been to the seminars & seen the videos, right?
And, a bo staff or any other martial arts associated weapon is definitely not "improvised". They're just weapons & walking around with them is likely to just invite ridicule & more trouble than they'd be worth.

I'm just saying that after a lifetime of being involved in the martial arts & combat sports as well as some training in military-type hand to hand combatives, I feel like I have enough knowledge to know what is & what isn't an improvised weapon. With, of course, "improvised" being the operative word. Said weapon being some innocuous object that wouldn't be viewed as a threat but which can cause pain & damage during a violent confrontation. An umbrella, a heavy flashlight, anything that can cause blunt force trauma or be used as an edged weapon. We've all been through the lessons, been to the seminars & seen the videos, right?
And, a bo staff or any other martial arts associated weapon is definitely not "improvised". They're just weapons & walking around with them is likely to just invite ridicule & more trouble than they'd be worth.

...JO staff

False, the title of the discussion was about using a walking stick in a similar way to a JO staff. maybe read it first

I'm aware. I watched it. I still don't know anyone that walks around with a walking stick other than older hikers. It's not anything I see in every day life.

...JO staff

OK. My bad. Jo staff. The fact remains that no one is going to be waking the streets going to & from work, school, etc. with a big ol' "walking stick". It's impractical & just sort of silly IMO. As I said earlier, I've had training in improvised weapons & they're not supposed to draw attention to the carrier. The element of surprise is, of course, a big factor in making a non-weapon work as a weapon.
I'm just saying...

Crutches is the only instance I can think of and those things bend easy.

My mate had a broken leg and had a crutch for a while; he beat the shit out of someone in a bar fight we were involved in...it was hilarious

My mate had a broken leg and had a crutch for a while; he beat the shit out of someone in a bar fight we were involved in...it was hilarious
They're great weapons but the tubes can bend super easy from what I've seen.

They're great weapons but the tubes can bend super easy from what I've seen.

Yeah the guy just had a few bumps and bruises- superficial injury only...it was just great fun watching my friend try to join in haha.

Hitting him like 50 times lol

How shitty is it when you lose a bar fight to a guy with a broken leg... I don't think I'd let my friend live that down.

How shitty is it when you lose a bar fight to a guy with a broken leg... I don't think I'd let my friend live that down.

How shit is it when you brag about am alleged assault on an internet forum with no evidence

Sounded like self defense to me. Maybe the crutch yielding guy @BillytheFish mentioned could give us some tips. I'd be interested.

It was an awesome bar brawl. I'm sure his first priority is to join this forum to discuss something from 15 years ago with a fuckwit named @Kravjutsu.

I can attest however, that his strategy was thus:

Proceed to drink cider in a bar in southern England for around 10 hours. The next step is to get into an altercation with a group of locals in the area inside the bar. While your friends are fighting it out, scoot along the bar on your stool while trying to bash the shit out of the nearest available local twat.

Back