Law Amazon’ other tech giants could be forced to split into two or shed assets under house bill

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How is this good for the consumer if customers prefer Amazon Basics to more expensive brands? I've personally never bought any Amazon branded product and most likely never will, but making up laws to unjustly harm a company that's successful is stupid.

How is this good for the consumer if customers prefer Amazon Basics to more expensive brands? I've personally never bought any Amazon branded product and most likely never will, but making up laws to unjustly harm a company that's successful is stupid.

Pretending thos is just some successful company and not one of the most powerful corporations in the world is stupid.

These companies are doing exponentially more egregious examples of anti-competitive practices than companies in the past got nailed for. The DOJ sued Microsoft for bundling IE in with Windows for fucks sake. Now every Android and iOS phone comes loaded down with first-party (or partnered 3rd party) bloat that you can't uninstall through normal means, and they enforce rigorous DRM that controls exactly what you can install on your phone.

There are tons of examples of Amazon allowing something to be sold on their site, and then later banning it after they introduce a comparable product of their own.

Pretending thos is just some successful company and not one of the most powerful corporations in the world is stupid.
Yet much less powerful than the US government, and I don't see them taking any action to decrease their power, do you?

So if Amazon had to sell Amazon Prime video or music. It would likely just be bought by another large company that has streaming services which wouldn't give more choice. Disney, WB, or Netflix would likely by the video portion. Not sure how Google is a monopoly in anything YouTube and search and so popular because of user choice. Saying there are no competition is a lie and anti capitalist.

If both parties or signed on , you have to assume something awful is about to happen.

Back