American Music is the Most Copied Music In History .

Lol, "American music is the most copied music in history".

Americans cannot see past their own noses. It's almost like stating that wrestling is the most effective way to fight a random challenger on the streets because UFC has proven so.

Sorry to sound as salty as that :( I [really] wish I could be wrong.

Blues, Jazz, Rock, Rap...

The only genre I can think of off the top of my head that was invented by the Brits is Metal.

It's because we usually round off words when singing, air pressure etc, the American acce t is just incredibly neutral. Also it's prolific and people emulate unconsciously

Explain Opera

I think you're right, both it's natural and American music is so prevalent since the 60s that it's an unconscious emulation thing

But like it is weird to hear say Craig David speak to the crowd in a clear British accent, and then sing in an American one two seconds later

Jessie J is a perfect example of this

Most singers don’t talk how they sing tho.

Could you imagine if Axle Rose talked how he sung..?

Duh! "The American Dream" (free market Democracy) motivates people to innovate and create at a fast pace.

Lol. Smart ass.

The US has been the catalyst for a lot of modern music, but in many areas other nations have added a huge amount to it. Britain has had a huge influence in rock, techno and house music yet all of theses genres originated in the US. Britain and Europe are way ahead regards house and techno. You guys are just starting to catch up

The US has been the catalyst for a lot of modern music, but in many areas other nations have added a huge amount to it. Britain has had a huge influence in rock, techno and house music yet all of theses genres originated in the US. Britain and Europe are way ahead regards house and techno. You guys are just starting to catch up
I'm not from the States. I was just listing the major genres that came to mind when I first read the OP. If you go back and read my comment, I typed, "Off the top of my head" not "The only genres that exist, be all end all"

Not trying to ignore European contributions when it comes to Electronic music or Metal. Rock and Modern Blues wouldn't have been nearly the same without the Brits or other European countries and Metal wouldn't exist without Sabbath.

I'm a bit hazy when it comes to Eletronic musics origins, but it did come from Disco, which started in the States as well.

And, if I'm being honest, I prefer European artists when it comes to most music, particularly in the Rock category.

To sum it all up, I wasn't, in anyway ignoring what Europe does for music. I was just stating the major genres that I could think of at the time, which are African American in origin and the building blocks for modern music, like Blues, Jazz, Soul etc.

Last edited:
The Brits are responsible for some of the best Bands and Artists of all time though. USA doesn't compare.

Kate Bush, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Yes, Genesis, David Bowie, Elton john, Depeche Mode, Talk Talk and I haven't even touched the surface. So sit your ass down america

"American invent the Blues and Jazz and took over the music game."

Yes, african americans to be precise.

Last edited:
Back